Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, L&LM said:

Do you have an email address for your consulate? If you know their packet 3 requirements, and know they expect you to email it it to them, I would email them, but that's just me. It worked here in Canada... if you are patient, wait it out but I doubt I'll get packet 3 in the mail before my interview.. I know some people wait 3+ weeks before receiving it, or more, depending where you live. Do a search for your country and packet 3 and see what others have done?

Appreciated your response,  yes I know the email, think I'll wait one last week then hit them up. Thank you and best of luck.

1 hour ago, amishbaby said:

I got my letter of employment from my co-sponsor so looks like tonight I'm double checking to make sure I have everything ready to send to my fiancee next Thursday. I'm super excited for it... I know every step I get closer and closer to finally having him here and it's so surreal at this point. It almost feels like a dream. We've been together since 2015 and it's nothing compared to what most people on VJ have been together. I can't imagine how some do it for so long, but it shows unbelievable strength to keep the relationship strong since LDR's aren't easy. I'm just finally happy we can fully spend time together (longer than 90 days :P) and won't have to countdown our days together. 

What a happy day it is! I stressed so long about finding a co-sponsor never believing I would even find one. I can't believe how far we've come. 

Does anyone know the best option to ship my papers internationally to my fiancee? I'm more nervous about my mail getting lost than ever. I was thinking USPS since I haven't had a problem with them delivering mail I've sent in the past. International scares me a bit though.

I could totally understand how you must be feeling .. .definitely more than 90 day together. My fiance used USPS first class and mailed out my stuff today.They've worked well for him in the past as well. Maybe someone else on here could tell you better.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

https://www.irs.gov/onlineservices If you answer all the magical questions correctly, you can download and print transcripts. If they can't verify your identity (like in my case), then you wait a few days for a letter from the IRS with an 8 digit activation code, and then you can download and print tax transcripts. I just did this today.

Thank you! He's in IRS page but couldn't figure out where to find the 1040 forms..

Just now, Yzabelle said:

Thank you! He's in IRS page but couldn't figure out where to find the 1040 forms..

Can he just fill up the form 1040 by hands?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline
1 hour ago, amishbaby said:

I got my letter of employment from my co-sponsor so looks like tonight I'm double checking to make sure I have everything ready to send to my fiancee next Thursday. I'm super excited for it... I know every step I get closer and closer to finally having him here and it's so surreal at this point. It almost feels like a dream. We've been together since 2015 and it's nothing compared to what most people on VJ have been together. I can't imagine how some do it for so long, but it shows unbelievable strength to keep the relationship strong since LDR's aren't easy. I'm just finally happy we can fully spend time together (longer than 90 days :P) and won't have to countdown our days together. 

What a happy day it is! I stressed so long about finding a co-sponsor never believing I would even find one. I can't believe how far we've come. 

Does anyone know the best option to ship my papers internationally to my fiancee? I'm more nervous about my mail getting lost than ever. I was thinking USPS since I haven't had a problem with them delivering mail I've sent in the past. International scares me a bit though.

DHL.

I've been using them for over 20 years. It's a little more expensive than other services but it's fast and always reliable.

07/06/2017 : I-129F Package Sent ♥

07/08/2017 : I-129F Package Delivered to The USCIS Dallas, TX Lockbox

07/10/2017 : ♥ NOA1 (Received Date) & Case Routed To CSC For Processing ♥

07/12/2017 : NOA1 (Notice Date) & USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Text/e-Mail

07/13/2017 : Check Cashed Out

07/18/2017 : NOA1 Hardcopy Received

07/19/2017 : Dead Silence Begins

09/20/2017 : Dead Silence Continues...

# 1218 in the queue on VJ

♥--------- DAY 72 ---------♥

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2017-08-04 at 7:24 PM, twoDs said:

That's actually a very interesting question, and I found the answer to it a few days ago.

They scan the case files electronically at the Texas lockbox, and process the payments there. It actually speeds processing up. As it turns out while somewhere there is a stack of paper that is your application, USCIS is working with scanned versions of it. There's no bin in a warehouse they have to go get the application out of to examine it, it's all online for them.

Everything you'd ever want to know: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Notes from Previous Engagements/2013/Lockbox-Filing-Tips.pdf

Now I'm not so sure about this, I'm wondering if at the lockbox they do actually pass on the hard copy of the petition as well as scanning it. Because I (the beneficiary) just received Packet 3 in the mail yesterday and inside the envelope was also a photocopy of our I-129F form, with an Approval stamp on it and a few handwritten notes. And it looks like a sticker was put on it as well. (the sticker and stamp are also photocopied, they were not put onto the copy I have). So the officer was definitely handling a hard copy of the form, although who knows if it was the actual one we sent in or a copy that was printed from the scan.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Now I'm not so sure about this, I'm wondering if at the lockbox they do actually pass on the hard copy of the petition as well as scanning it. Because I (the beneficiary) just received Packet 3 in the mail yesterday and inside the envelope was also a photocopy of our I-129F form, with an Approval stamp on it and a few handwritten notes. And it looks like a sticker was put on it as well. (the sticker and stamp are also photocopied, they were not put onto the copy I have). So the officer was definitely handling a hard copy of the form, although who knows if it was the actual one we sent in or a copy that was printed from the scan.

That's pretty clear there's hardcopy involved somewhere. You might look to see if there's any scanning artifacts on the form. Wouldn't be at all surprised if USCIS handles everything electronically and the lockbox forwards the hardcopy to NVC after being told to, given how crazy the routing seems to be sometimes.

BTW we're watching your case closely since we'll be following in your footsteps. :)

Edited by twoDs

Timeline
3 minutes ago, twoDs said:

That's pretty clear there's hardcopy involved somewhere. You might look to see if there's any scanning artifacts on the form. Wouldn't be at all surprised if USCIS handles everything electronically and the lockbox forwards the hardcopy to NVC after being told to, given how crazy the routing seems to be sometimes.

BTW we're watching your case closely since we'll be following in your footsteps. :)

Hmm this form was definitely handled by USCIS, there is an official USCIS stamp and my Alien# and the validity dates are hand-written in the section 'For USCIS Use Only'.. and looks like there was actually 2 stickers put on it, both have a barcode and one has my A#, the other our receipt# and receipt date. Also someone has written 'K1' in the left margin and in the Remarks box is written '1st filing'. On Page 2 they have also filled in my A#.

That's fine! :) hope you see an approval soon.

7 hours ago, Shinelley said:

Really and mines been saying ready and I'm here waiting on a letter from the Consulate now I'm confused. Help

Give it a little time! Mine took a little more than a week from "Ready" to me receiving the letter! :)

7 hours ago, amishbaby said:

Check DHL as well.
Scott has express mailed me the envelope with them. Took about 36 hours and cost 49$ to Germany.

Good luck - you're close!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 8/4/2017 at 9:07 PM, Nhona Scott said:

Hi everyone! My guy is planningto call uscis tomorrow, saturday August 5th in america. Do you think theyre open on saturdays? Thanks in advance 😘 

I know this has probably been asked a million times, and I have scrolled all the way back to page 536 (this is a big thread!) trying to find the answer and I am tired of trying to find it  lol  Do you by chance have the number for USCIS still or any tips as far as what buttons to push (if any) I would like to call them tomorrow when I get off work at 6pm pacific time. I am only finding the number and tips for NVC in posts.
Thanks in advance and sorry... I really did try to find it  lol I probably needed to go only 1 or 2 more pages back then 536, but then it would just keep going  hehe

20 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Good morning from Germany, Fellow Whiners!! 

For now, the last good news from here:

The doorbell just rang - I have my passport back! Visa in hands! :jest:

Goosebumps all over, I can't believe it's done. It's really unreal. Got so trained in being worried that I still can't believe it! :)

YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Yaaaaay Yaaaaay and a loud Yaaaaaaaaay from uk 🇬🇧 😁😁😉😉😂😂

Just now, GazLisa said:

Yaaaaay Yaaaaay and a loud Yaaaaaaaaay from uk 🇬🇧 😁😁😉😉😂😂

Thaaaaanks my friend! I'll yay back at you on Monday!!!! :D 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
8 hours ago, Yzabelle said:

Can he just fill up the form 1040 by hands?

If you Googled "Get transcript IRS", it will take you straight to the right part on the website.

1 hour ago, Holly♡ said:

I know this has probably been asked a million times, and I have scrolled all the way back to page 536 (this is a big thread!) trying to find the answer and I am tired of trying to find it  lol  Do you by chance have the number for USCIS still or any tips as far as what buttons to push (if any) I would like to call them tomorrow when I get off work at 6pm pacific time. I am only finding the number and tips for NVC in posts.
Thanks in advance and sorry... I really did try to find it  lol I probably needed to go only 1 or 2 more pages back then 536, but then it would just keep going  hehe

I think they call to the customers service number that shows up in the hardcopy of the NOA1.

Sorry, we've never called, so no more specific info, but I think this can be it...

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Good morning from Germany, Fellow Whiners!! 

For now, the last good news from here:

The doorbell just rang - I have my passport back! Visa in hands! :jest:

Goosebumps all over, I can't believe it's done. It's really unreal. Got so trained in being worried that I still can't believe it! :)

YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Woohoo!!! No more paranoia!!! (well, there's still POE, so you still have a chance to be worried one last time;))

Congratulations!

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

03/02/2017 - Received date

03/07/2017 - NOA1 text and email

03/10/2017 - NOA1 hard copy

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

06/17/2017 - RFE received (an unchecked box)

06/19/2017 - response to RFE mailed

06/23/2017 - response to RFE received

06/28/2017 - NOA2 Notice date

07/03/2017 - NOA2 hard copy received

07/11/2017 - NVC case number assigned

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

07/19/2017 - Packet 3 received

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/23/2017 - Interview - Approved!!!

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

09/04/2017 - Visa in hand

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

11/25/2017 - got married!!!

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/07/2018 - mailed AOS and EAD forms

01/11/2018 - Received date

01/18/2018 - Notice date

01/22/2018 - text notifications

01/25/2018 - got hard copies

02/12/2018 - biometrics

05/22/2018 - EAD approved 

06/26/2018 - AOS interview

06/27/2018 - AOS approved

07/03/2018 - approval notices received

07/05/2018 - green cards received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Holly♡ said:

I have a number (no specific buttons, sorry) but we never used it, so I'm not sure if it's the right one:

1 (800) 375-5283

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

03/02/2017 - Received date

03/07/2017 - NOA1 text and email

03/10/2017 - NOA1 hard copy

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

06/17/2017 - RFE received (an unchecked box)

06/19/2017 - response to RFE mailed

06/23/2017 - response to RFE received

06/28/2017 - NOA2 Notice date

07/03/2017 - NOA2 hard copy received

07/11/2017 - NVC case number assigned

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

07/19/2017 - Packet 3 received

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/23/2017 - Interview - Approved!!!

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

09/04/2017 - Visa in hand

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

11/25/2017 - got married!!!

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/07/2018 - mailed AOS and EAD forms

01/11/2018 - Received date

01/18/2018 - Notice date

01/22/2018 - text notifications

01/25/2018 - got hard copies

02/12/2018 - biometrics

05/22/2018 - EAD approved 

06/26/2018 - AOS interview

06/27/2018 - AOS approved

07/03/2018 - approval notices received

07/05/2018 - green cards received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.