Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Not that I'm out of patience, but the question remains 'what if and when will'

Has anyone thought of what their personal 'limit' is for days without notice before starting to call or contacting outside help?

Or what strategy to use if a Nudge was needed to get your case out of some abyss?

I've been mapping it out. A big piece of the decision is how far outside of the norm we're falling. Right now, we're still 50/50 on March NOA2s.

Around 85% or so I think the rules change, especially without any RFEs. (I'd actually use a  higher % -- 95% -- but we know VJ is out of date due to people ceasing to be active.)

At 150 (and that's just a couple weeks away for us) we're at USCIS' alleged "typical" time. I'm already working on my senator, but I'll make a minor fuss.

At 180 my plan is to step it up a lot. Basically to get annoying so they don't want my case there any more.

Ours, like most here, is a very simple case. If we somehow end up being "left behind" without explanation six months is, I think it's quite reasonable to be making a lot of noise.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, DaveS1172 said:

Not that I have put any faith in the tracker, but it is somewhat annoying seeing dates past mine getting approved - I am happy that people are getting approved though, because this system clearly creates an "us versus them" sort of situation - I guess at the very least they can't really argue that you don't have an ongoing relationship. Most of us have been waiting at least 4 months at this point. I am thinking at this point it would have been easier for me to learn Russian and have moved there. I only wish that we could be honest - The internet has been around for a long time, it is stupid for any agency to act like people aren't talking about what is going on.

This is exactly what happens. When there is a gap in the division of labor, or some need that is not being fulfilled, people will step in to fill that void. In this case, the USCIS does a lot of things behind the scenes that seemingly violate, either intentionally or unintentionally, their stated processes and goals. They don't answer any questions about it. In fact, they treat anyone that asks like idiots. We may not have all the information, but we have enough due to crowd-sourcing to know that, in many cases, we are being lied to and given the runaround.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mgwlkr said:

Hey guys.  Long time no see.   We recieved rfe on June 13th but I just sent the response back last week

What is the typical turn time being seen for approvals after rfe?

They received my rfe on July 7th.

still awaiting response. 

And it was a simplle rfe | intent to marry letter

We are 150 days waiting now

They replied riht away that they received and would start working on case again

cant believe its almost a month since they received our rfe

Hope urs is quicker

peace

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Vendhen said:

They received my rfe on July 7th.

still awaiting response. 

And it was a simplle rfe | intent to marry letter

We are 150 days waiting now

They replied riht away that they received and would start working on case again

cant believe its almost a month since they received our rfe

Hope urs is quicker

peace

Hi! what is your status of your USCIS tracker says after sending back your response?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Hi! what is your status of your USCIS tracker says after sending back your response?

Like I stated above

They said they reveived and will begin working on case again.

Tracker says rfe the response was received.

We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you.

All they wanted was a intent to marry letter.

So I thought it would be a quick response for approval since they received.

Its been almost a month - this is getting reallly tough at this point for us both but we are staying strong and supporting each other everyday

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Vendhen said:

Like I stated above

They said they reveived and will begin working on case again.

Tracker says rfe the response was received.

We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you.

All they wanted was a intent to marry letter.

So I thought it would be a quick response for approval since they received.

Its been almost a month - this is getting reallly tough at this point for us both but we are staying strong and supporting each other everyday

mine still in rfe mailed till now even though we sent the response already.

Timeline
1 minute ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

mine still in rfe mailed till now even though we sent the response already.

How long have you been waiting a response on your rfe?

I feel your pain

Timeline
1 minute ago, Vendhen said:

How long have you been waiting a response on your rfe?

I feel your pain

we sent our response last July 5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm getting ready to send these visa documents to Nick. I've listed what I've got included below, does anyone see something I'm missing? I'd rather not have to send something again, shipping to Australia is expensive lol.

Copy of I-129F approval (NOA2)

Continued Letters of Intent (Both of us, he'll sign his when he gets it)

I-134 (Mine, main sponsor) + 3 years of tax transcripts (I'm currently unemployed and won't start my new job until the middle of September).

I-134 (Dad, cosponsor) + 3 years of tax transcripts + 2 months of paychecks + 2016 W2 + employer letter

Relationship evidence (Visit evidence, call logs, chat logs, photos)

Victoria & Nicholas

Spoiler

August 2009: Met online

October 2013: First in-person visit

February 2016: Second in-person visit

July 2016: Third in-person visit

March 2017: Fourth in-person visit (Got engaged March 13th, 2017). 
October 2017: Got married on October 21, 2017!

I-129F

Spoiler

03/20/2017: Application sent to Dallas lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

03/22/2017: Application delivered and signed for.

03/27/2017: Check for I-129F payment cashed.

03/28/2017: Text and email NOA1 received.

04/03/2017: Hard copy NOA1 received.

07/18/2017: Petition approved and NOA2 sent out.

07/22/2017: NOA2 hard copy received.

07/28/2017: NVC received case from USCIS.

08/02/2017: Case number assigned. 

08/03/2017: Case changed to "In Transit".

08/11/2017: Embassy received case.

08/11/2017: Medical!

08/20/2017: Interview date assigned.

08/29/2017: Interview! (APPROVED!!)

09/01/2017: Non-immigrant case created in CEAC.

09/04/2017: Status changed to Administrative processing.

09/05/2017: Status changed to Issued.

09/06/2017: Visa in hand!

09/14/2017: POE!

10/21/2017: Got married!

I-485 (and EAD + AP)

Spoiler

11/26/2017: I-485 (Plus EAD and AP applications) sent to Chicago.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

124 days :mellow:
I hope we hear something soon.

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

Timeline
32 minutes ago, MentalVoid said:

I'm getting ready to send these visa documents to Nick. I've listed what I've got included below, does anyone see something I'm missing? I'd rather not have to send something again, shipping to Australia is expensive lol.

Copy of I-129F approval (NOA2)

Continued Letters of Intent (Both of us, he'll sign his when he gets it)

I-134 (Mine, main sponsor) + 3 years of tax transcripts (I'm currently unemployed and won't start my new job until the middle of September).

I-134 (Dad, cosponsor) + 3 years of tax transcripts + 2 months of paychecks + 2016 W2 + employer letter

Relationship evidence (Visit evidence, call logs, chat logs, photos)

I can't think of anything else........

Possibly re-think about your wedding planning and if you have something for that, maybe send copies along.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finally arrived here in Manila! ;)) my evaluation is scheduled at 1PM today. :)) Crossing my fingers that I'll do well here 😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.