Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, KB2015 said:

So glad I found this forum. Just joined today. I'm also Canada and this waiting game is really getting to me. Good to know I'm not alone. Our NOA1 is 3/27. I live only 15 miles from the California Service Center so any mail from them should come quickly... 😐😣😕☹

Nice to meet another Canada/US petition. :D Hope the rest of us March filers find out soon. Congrats to all those that got mail today!!!!

Edited by pajobra

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, KB2015 said:

So glad I found this forum. Just joined today. I'm also Canada and this waiting game is really getting to me. Good to know I'm not alone. Our NOA1 is 3/27. I live only 15 miles from the California Service Center so any mail from them should come quickly... 😐😣😕☹

My NOA2 date is March 20 -  still nothing as well :( discouraging!! Praying for this week!

You should set up your timeline on here :)

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, MD&MC said:

We just got our NOA2 in the mail today. It was approved 7/13/2017 NOA1 was received 3/2/17. Never received an email and none of the uscis apps showed it was approved. It just randomly showed up.

Oh Good!!!!!  Congratulations!!!! :) I'm seeing the flood gates of CSR starting to open lol

Come on CSR!  Keep em coming!!!

Filed: Timeline
6 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

After the case file arrives at the embassy, usually the beneficiary needs to wait for the embassy to contact them about Packet 3. However, I'm a big believer in taking the initiative to stay on top of things. No harm for her in contacting the embassy to inquire about Packet 3 and to have them give her the green light to proceed with preliminary submission of documents. If the embassy is not ready for her yet, at most they'll just tell her to hang on before submitting anything or taking any further steps.

What is confusing or ambiguous for you? Let me know and I'll see if I can help decipher them :)

Just confused about things like, how does packet 3 and 4 relate to the medical, police check, and interview in terms of a timeline? When do you apply for visa, pay for visa, etc. Do I send the affadavit of support to her and she takes it to the interview with her?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello March Whiners, 

Long time lurker, first time poster. 

The hold up for us has been extremely stressful. The feeling of uncertainty has honestly got to be the worst. We filed in February but we're denied due to the fact they had issues cashing in the money order (although we got it right from the postal office here). We filed again in March and have the NOA1 date as Mach 20th. After the excruciating wait that we're all going through my case was updated and we got an RFE (July 17th). Btw, I'm from Canada and my Fiance is from NYC. I know each case varies for and RFE but would my estimate that this would push things back by about a week be somewhat good? 

Hope to continue to see everyone's approvals. Good luck!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ariel&Mahum said:

Hello March Whiners, 

Long time lurker, first time poster. 

The hold up for us has been extremely stressful. The feeling of uncertainty has honestly got to be the worst. We filed in February but we're denied due to the fact they had issues cashing in the money order (although we got it right from the postal office here). We filed again in March and have the NOA1 date as Mach 20th. After the excruciating wait that we're all going through my case was updated and we got an RFE (July 17th). Btw, I'm from Canada and my Fiance is from NYC. I know each case varies for and RFE but would my estimate that this would push things back by about a week be somewhat good? 

Hope to continue to see everyone's approvals. Good luck!

First:  Keep the faith.  It will work out, and soon.   2nd:  VJ timeline will automatically add 4 weeks to your timeline estimate but that is just an estimate.  3rd: in about 3 to 4 days you will receive their written RFE, If it's an easy fix, you can speedily gather the needed doc and return it to them overnight.  

Once it is back on their plate, I've seen some RFE's approved in a day to a week.  Others........ well.... it's USCIS after all.

On a personal note, I'd rather get an RFE than be placed in the dusty back hallway with what they call 'Backlogs' and be wondering where my answer is.  So I think your glass is half full and about to be topped off.

6 hours ago, Naini said:

I emailed both my local senator and state senator and never got a response 😕

Many here have been considering contacting their elected officials lately. I have been thinking a lot about this and decided to do the same. I am not an expert, but wanted to share my thought process and experience thus far.

In thinking about the way to proceed, I decided to contact my U.S. Congress Representative versus my Senator. This is because I live in Texas, where we have 36 Congressional Representatives, but [like all states] there are only two senators. I figured that my representative has fewer constituents and may be more likely to assist me. I chose to go in person rather than contacting his office via email or phone. I wanted to express the importance of this issue and figured that I would be more passionate in person. Also, I imagine that only a few people take the time to go into their office.

When going to his website, the authorization to release information from a Federal Agency was readily accessible. I downloaded it, completed it and took it into the office. His staff members were friendly and professional. They immediately asked me to fill out the release and I handed the one that was prepared. They were impressed and began to explain the process. The case worker explained that there is no guaranty that their intervention will be successful. My request has two parts 1) check on the status and see if it can be expedited (generally) 2) expedite the 129F due to a medical issue. She will let me know soon.

I think going to the Congressional Rep. was the right move. I can say that the case worker seemed as if she could come across as uncaring, but rather, I believe that she bases her actions on facts. Her line of questioning seemed to mirror the types of questions that she would be asked by USCIS. I was OK with this as I want someone that “speaks” the government’s language.

On a side note, she explained that she met with the USCIS a few weeks ago. She said that their backlog with EVERY type of immigration type has grown over the past year! In fact, she stated that the Houston office has about 30,000 applications pending!

19 minutes ago, fordguy61mi said:

Just confused about things like, how does packet 3 and 4 relate to the medical, police check, and interview in terms of a timeline? When do you apply for visa, pay for visa, etc. Do I send the affadavit of support to her and she takes it to the interview with her?

Will this page help? :)

https://th.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiance-k-1-visas/

I didn't go through the Packet 3 and Packet 4 I linked you to because I'm responding from the phone. However, it looks like your fiancée will have to complete Packet 3 and submit it to the embassy first, upon getting contacted by them. After submission of Packet 3, the embassy itself will schedule the visa interview within 60 days of receipt of the Packet 3 and send further instructions in Packet 4 via e-mail.

Regardless, DS-160 will be the first task she needs completed and pay the visa fee.

Ask her to look up how long it would take to get a police certificate and how long it's valid for. This can be done beforehand if it doesn't expire too quickly.

Medical should only be scheduled and done after she's gotten her interview date from the embassy. This is because the K-1 visa validity will start from the medical date.

As for affidavit of support, she'll likely need to hand carry it to the embassy depending on what's being said in either Packet 3 or Packet 4. 

Re-read the Packet 3 and Packet 4, one after the other to get an approximate flow.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Seeing quite a few NOA2 updates today on the timeline. 7 Updates total today for Marchies so far. That has to be a record for july. Hopefully this means they are getting back to there old pace of approvals.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, falcao79 said:

Seeing quite a few NOA2 updates today on the timeline. 7 Updates total today for Marchies so far. That has to be a record for july. Hopefully this means they are getting back to there old pace of approvals.

Hope so, too and then some.  I'd love to see a 50 NOA2 day here on VJ to make up for the lost time.

12 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

Good to see so many NOA2s again! Keep that ball rolling!! :dance:

Still an empty mailbox for me. :whistle:

Ditto.  (sheeez!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome fellow Canada filers. I swear us US-Canadian K1s are being penalized.

Congrats to all the ones that got their NOA2s today, however I count four pending March US/CAD filings that are before the NOA1 dates listed for today's NOA2s. :(

Nothing in today's mail. 127 days since K1 received.

@fordguy61mi So I just looked at Packet 3 and Packet 4 for the Thai embassy. So here's what I suspect (either you or your fiancee needs to contact the embassy to confirm my suspicion to ensure that you guys are doing it right):

1) Gather all the required documents listed in Packet 3, complete whatever forms listed and pay the fee. 

2) Once done with Packet 3, submit everything in item #1 to the US embassy in BKK with the DS-2001 Notification of Applicant Readiness form.

3) US embassy will process her Packet 3, send her or redirect her to Packet 4 and schedule an interview appointment for her. 

4) Get her medical done.

5) Go for her interview with the medical in hand as well as previous passports and evidence of relationship.

I have simplified it as much as I can based on what I understand. I am not 100% sure but I think that's how it works for them there. Again, PLEASE contact the embassy to confirm Steps 1-5 that I mentioned here. I am only trying to help as much as I could. 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.