Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Just now, julieandgreg said:

We actually just got an email today with the case number! Hope you get yours soon :)

Oh great! You didn't have to call before?

Your NOA2 date is 8 days earlier than ours... so maybe we'll get it next week, too!
(In case they KIND OF work in incoming order.... O.o )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, TearsOfBabylon said:

Oh great! You didn't have to call before?

Your NOA2 date is 8 days earlier than ours... so maybe we'll get it next week, too!
(In case they KIND OF work in incoming order.... O.o )

I started calling NVC everyday since July 6, and everyone I talked to told me to wait anywhere from 3-6 weeks for them to process the visa. However, this morning my fiance woke up to an email from them with our case number.

Also, I just wanted to give you guys a tip with calling. One of the guys I spoke to told me that they upgraded their system, but not all of them are trained to use this new system. He told me to press #5 instead of #2, since the people on the #5 were all trained to use it. AND IT IS SO MUCH FASTER! I waited on the phone for 45 minutes to an hour when I pressed #2, and the longest I waited on the #5 option was 10 minutes. Hope this helps!

6 minutes ago, julieandgreg said:

I started calling NVC everyday since July 6, and everyone I talked to told me to wait anywhere from 3-6 weeks for them to process the visa. However, this morning my fiance woke up to an email from them with our case number.

Also, I just wanted to give you guys a tip with calling. One of the guys I spoke to told me that they upgraded their system, but not all of them are trained to use this new system. He told me to press #5 instead of #2, since the people on the #5 were all trained to use it. AND IT IS SO MUCH FASTER! I waited on the phone for 45 minutes to an hour when I pressed #2, and the longest I waited on the #5 option was 10 minutes. Hope this helps!

Yeah, a girl I know, who just got her passport back today had a giant delay because of NVC changing their system!

I hope they'll send us the casenumber without calling... but still I will. Every 2nd day from today on.

Now I'm so close to medical and interview,keep going through things I need to take paperwork wise,hoping I've not missed anything lol 😂 I'm sure I'm driving Lisa up the wall 😦 The closer it gets the more panicked I'll be 😬,this morning told my employers I have interview dates 😂 apologising that for next 3 weeks my head will be in the clouds ☁️ again 😵

Timeline
12 minutes ago, julieandgreg said:

Thanks for the tip!! Which line (#) is this for?

Timeline
Just now, Nathan&Amy said:

Thanks for the tip!! Which line (#) is this for?

Honestly, I don't remember exactly. However, they never asked and/or said anything different from the regular line that everyone waits for.

4 minutes ago, GazLisa said:

Now I'm so close to medical and interview,keep going through things I need to take paperwork wise,hoping I've not missed anything lol 😂 I'm sure I'm driving Lisa up the wall 😦 The closer it gets the more panicked I'll be 😬,this morning told my employers I have interview dates 😂 apologising that for next 3 weeks my head will be in the clouds ☁️ again 😵

I can only imagine how excited you are. 

All these pre-final steps must be as existing such as scary but you already know the end of the wait line is near! 

Congrats on speedy process and good luck with the finals! ;) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nathan&Amy said:

I don't think that it would be too much material, we sent in TONS of pictures and screenshots and congrats messages etc. and we are already approved.

Tons, huh.  How thick?  Like was it a 2" thick stack?  

I'm curious too how some go so fast and others sloth through, and what makes the difference.  

In retrospect, and after finding VJ after I filed, I wonder if I front loaded our petition with too much.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Tons, huh.  How thick?  Like was it a 2" thick stack?  

I'm curious too how some go so fast and others sloth through, and what makes the difference.  

In retrospect, and after finding VJ after I filed, I wonder if I front loaded our petition with too much.

Lol I printed off 161 photos at a local Wal-Mart for my fiance to pick up... he went through them all and I know he didn't send near that many but there was still quite a lot, I'm sorry I don't know exactly how many he did end up sending. We had read that it was about quality more than quantity so he didn't want to send in everything I had printed off.

We sent in itineraries for trips to see each other, email and chat conversations between us, receipts of gifts to each other and pictures of us with those gifts, scans of cards we sent each other (birthday etc.), screen shots of conversations between us and each others' family members, house closing and mortgage docs, my wedding dress receipt, letters from both of our employers...

we also did a page-long explanation about how we met and how often we've visited and when he proposed etc.

I am not sure though that this has anything to do with how long the process takes or has any effect on if you are approved. Some send in far less and are approved too. Ours did seem quick but there's no way to tell if it had anything to do with what we provided compared to anyone else.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
8 hours ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Not too easy to say, to be honest.
We're filing for Germany and all we have submitted were 8 selfies of us together (1 of them with his parents), my boarding passes and passport stamps from the last 2 USA trips.
In the i129-f we wrote about how we met: "We met in Germany 2015, when I was stationed there!".

That was it. I was so ready for a RFE, because I've read here about how much stuff others sent and thought we didn't have enough evidence,  but we got through in 93 days processing (netto), without any questions.

So... you can never know.

I read a thread on here a while ago; where an applicant was asking if like 50 pages of chat logs and a gazillion pictures were enough, and someone said it might be frustrating for the officer who opens the case. I do agree, but on the other hand in trickier (high fraud) countries you can't send enough evidence (of course not DK :P ). 

Maybe you check over to the regional forum and ask the Danish guys and girls for their average waiting times!

Good luck from the German neighbor!!! 

Thanks!!

Yeah, I can see how it could be annoying for the officer, but I figured it would just be flipped through quickly or something, like "yes, yes, I get it, you're into each other" :)

We even had a little timeline. I think to be honest, it'll be a really nice keepsake from the whole experience (we made two, since they're keeping one, obvs).

I wonder what that job is like to be processing these petitions. Do they look through them deeply suspicious that it's a visa marriage? Do they tear up seeing evidence of real devotion between coupes? Is it just an office of people rolling their eyes or going "aw" and giggling every few minutes? Likely they're pretty much dulled to the whole thing..

Anyway, wishing you luck with everything!

Edited by annachka

Timeline
4 minutes ago, annachka said:

Thanks!!

Yeah, I can see how it could be annoying for the officer, but I figured it would just be flipped through quickly or something, like "yes, yes, I get it, you're into each other" :)

We even had a little timeline. I think to be honest, it'll be a really nice keepsake from the whole experience (we made two, since they're keeping one, obvs).

I wonder what that job is like to be processing these petitions. Do they look through them deeply suspicious that it's a visa marriage? Do they tear up seeing evidence of real devotion between coupes? Is it just an office of people rolling their eyes or going "aw" and giggling every few minutes? Likely they're pretty much dulled to the whole thing..

Anyway, wishing you luck with everything!

dunno if you stumbled over this yet, After all it is a few years old...... and I'm sure some has changed, but it is interesting to see some of the insight into the workings of the process.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Lol I printed off 161 photos at a local Wal-Mart for my fiance to pick up... he went through them all and I know he didn't send near that many but there was still quite a lot, I'm sorry I don't know exactly how many he did end up sending. We had read that it was about quality more than quantity so he didn't want to send in everything I had printed off.

We sent in itineraries for trips to see each other, email and chat conversations between us, receipts of gifts to each other and pictures of us with those gifts, scans of cards we sent each other (birthday etc.), screen shots of conversations between us and each others' family members, house closing and mortgage docs, my wedding dress receipt, letters from both of our employers...

we also did a page-long explanation about how we met and how often we've visited and when he proposed etc.

I am not sure though that this has anything to do with how long the process takes or has any effect on if you are approved. Some send in far less and are approved too. Ours did seem quick but there's no way to tell if it had anything to do with what we provided compared to anyone else.

Exactly, Quality and quantity.  Sometimes it takes some quantity to adequately convey your story to a perfect stranger, especially when you have this 'one' opportunity for a Go / No Go decision that has such an impact on 2 people's lives.

Perhaps we'll all hear something soon, and cease worrying if we actually did stack our deck correctly :)

1 hour ago, annachka said:

Is it just an office of people rolling their eyes or going "aw" and giggling every few minutes? Likely they're pretty much dulled to the whole thing..

This made me LOL! I can actually picture it being exactly like that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.