Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

Tons, huh.  How thick?  Like was it a 2" thick stack?  

I'm curious too how some go so fast and others sloth through, and what makes the difference.  

In retrospect, and after finding VJ after I filed, I wonder if I front loaded our petition with too much.

Haha, same story opposite: After I found VJ I was super concerned about sending way too less haha

1 hour ago, annachka said:

Thanks!!

Yeah, I can see how it could be annoying for the officer, but I figured it would just be flipped through quickly or something, like "yes, yes, I get it, you're into each other" :)

We even had a little timeline. I think to be honest, it'll be a really nice keepsake from the whole experience (we made two, since they're keeping one, obvs).

I wonder what that job is like to be processing these petitions. Do they look through them deeply suspicious that it's a visa marriage? Do they tear up seeing evidence of real devotion between coupes? Is it just an office of people rolling their eyes or going "aw" and giggling every few minutes? Likely they're pretty much dulled to the whole thing..

Anyway, wishing you luck with everything!

Yeah, I was wondering too.
Is it like "ohhhh nooooo another 200pager" or rolling eyes, or giggles, or aaaaawwwww <3 .... or maybe they just look mechanically. Who knows.
Since we've all submitted such a variety of different (looking) petitions... it's a mystery! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, AnJ Co said:

dunno if you stumbled over this yet, After all it is a few years old...... and I'm sure some has changed, but it is interesting to see some of the insight into the workings of the process.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

No, I hadn't seen it!  Thanks for the tip, it was a good read.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Crenee said:

Day 125 and still nothing in the mail today. It's getting hard........

Hang in there.  At least you know you're not alone. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
21 hours ago, FutureMrsBennett said:

I pray my senator can do something. I have heard success stories going this route as well. It just depends on which way the wind blows I suppose lol. I know Jamaica is dealing with alot right now with those cases and it's hard to figure out who is who...My job of course isn't fond of the process. It is the fact he isn't a citizen in itself that poses an issue. Even though I work where I work the odds are stacked against me there and here so it couldn't hurt I pray to try. I read an article by a previous employee that use to work for USCIS he did describe the case handling as depending on who the adjudicator is and the whole box system and they have a quota to fill each day and blah blah blah. Once I hit the 90 day mark and 100 day mark it became a issue to sit here and see the cases passing the date I submitted. Yes you are early in the process and I pray they don't take as long with yours. Even if it were still in the background phase providing these types of updates could alleviate alot of stress and anxiety for these couples and at least show the productivity. I feel we have a right to know the process if we pay the fee and trust them with our hearts. 

I think it's just randomness. Who knows what goes on in that USCIS office. I am a British Citizen, squeaky clean record, fiance is a physician, who constantly need background checks anyway for medical practice reasons. UK is also apparently supposed to be good mates with the US and we are still waiting for NOA2 (3/16 NOA1) ... so not just you. 120days today and not a single sign of an NOA2 to come. Fiance even signed up for informed USPS delivery (since the USCIS tracker doesn't work) .. that way at least she can check every morning what mail will arrive and we don't have to wait every evening for her to get off work.

I get the same call from her everyday, No mail ... it is frustrating :angry:

1 minute ago, BigRedCat said:

It seems most of the March NOA1's are still just sitting there. No approvals this week at all? 

It's heartbreaking :(
I only saw  one approval I think. 
Seems like USCIS went on vacation - all of them at the same time.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone waiting!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Everything done said:

Day 129 and no information at all.

That's pretty depressing. When I pulled every NOA2 issued this year so far for Canada, all but one happened by day 128, with the last one happening on day 136 -- and those all had RFEs.

I don't know if this is related but when I was searching the news about the California Service Ceneter out of frustration I found that they'd suspended expedited processing of other visas (H1B) due to backlogs in early April. I can't help but wonder if maybe they took some people off of K1 processing and put them on other visas?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

It's heartbreaking :(
I only saw  one approval I think. 
Seems like USCIS went on vacation - all of them at the same time.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone waiting!! 

I know, my fiance is starting to question if the visa is even real since all I tell her is "soon soon". Very depressing. I had hoped to have her here by now. :( I am on day 113. 

Edited by BigRedCat
added info

2 minutes ago, BigRedCat said:

I know, my fiance is starting to question if the visa is even real since all I tell her is "soon soon". Very depressing. I had hoped to have her here by now. :(

I can feel you.  :( 
But honestly, having it all done by now would be a little sportive goal these days, even with an early March NOA1. 
We got NOA1 on March 17th, NOA2 on June 23rd, and I'm hoping to move first or second week of September. 

A girl I know is a January filer and moving next week, with a little delay due to NVC changing parts of their system. 

So I cross my fingers for you and your fiance to make the final big jump across the pond by the same time I will. That'd mean you'll get NOA2 shortly and from then on everything runs smoothly! :) 

3 minutes ago, Naini said:

Received date March 10... still waiting for NOA2 .. 😫  Seems like i am the only one left prior March 15 received dates

:(
No, there are so many more.... who knows what happened to slow everything down.
I kept saying the March filers must have a spell on... first the tracker isn't working anymore, then the first long silence in beginning June, and now again... :( 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Thanks for the tip!! Which line (#) is this for?

That tip is for the immigrant line (ending in 0700).

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.