3,975 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Gio&David said:

Hi, I'm still waiting, too. It's been over 15 days now since it was delivered. In the meantime I'm devouring books with kindle unlimited and improving my English. My son is going to join school next week (5th grade) he doesn't speak English. Anyone in the same situation? Any thread I can follow to get information on how to help him? Thanx 

From personal experience, I moved around that age as well to a new country where I had to learn English and barely knew any before that. It was kind of hard and scary the first couple of weeks because I have clear memories of people speaking to me and I didn't understand anything. But within 2-3 months or so, I was fluent. I really think your son will be fine. You'll look back at this day in a few months and realize how far he has come. Maybe try teaching him basic things, but he will pick it up really quick. Good luck! And don't worry - kids are amazing at adapting! 

EAD/AP: 02/14/17 - 05/26/17 (101 days)

AOS: 02/14/17 - 06/20/17 (126 days)

ROC: 05/19/19 - 04/23/20 (340 days)

N-400: (249 days)

9/13/2020- Application filed online 

9/21/2020 - NOA1 received 

12/10/2020 - NOA2 biometrics reuse

2/2/2021 - NOA3 N-400 interview scheduled for 3/16/2021

3/8/2021 - NOA4 N-400 interview cancelled 

3/15/2021 - NOA5 N-400 interview re-scheduled 

4/27/2021 - Interview (approved)

4/28/2021 NOA6 Oath ceremony scheduled 

5/20/2021 - Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
5 minutes ago, rose michigan said:

I guess they ignored the first 3 days of March ?

My english is poor too, i need to improve my comunication skills and i am a little shy person too lol.. I think the only thing will be to start working and taking classes.. My wife speaks our home language at home

Yes, I will be really thankful with the NO1, so I can get a drivers license to start interacting with others and doing things by myself. Now I'm stuck in the house. Hope they touch/notice our packets this week. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
3 minutes ago, rosecloud said:

From personal experience, I moved around that age as well to a new country where I had to learn English and barely knew any before that. It was kind of hard and scary the first couple of weeks because I have clear memories of people speaking to me and I didn't understand anything. But within 2-3 months or so, I was fluent. I really think your son will be fine. You'll look back at this day in a few months and realize how far he has come. Maybe try teaching him basic things, but he will pick it up really quick. Good luck! And don't worry - kids are amazing at adapting! 

Thanks for sharing your experience. Less worried now ?. I'm helping him at home, too. It's all an adventure for him. 

Fingers crossed and that our notifications arrive this week. ?

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, IfoemaUS said:

We received hard copies of NOA1 on Monday evening for all 3 (485/work permit/travel card)...YAY!

Congratulations and good luck. The wait continues. Next will be for the biometrics

Hi everyone, so wish I had found this forum earlier....

I have filed my AOS package on March 14th, and yesterday when reading others posts I realized that I used the outdated I-485 and I-765 form...I did put in the correct fees for both I-485 ($1225) and I-130 ($535). But I am afraid mine will be rejected and returned to me, and it might take a few weeks for the package to get back to me. 

Don't make the same mistake... and hope I can get my package back soon....

03/14/2017 AOS package arrived (I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131)

03/23/2017 1st NOAs received (text and emails for all 4 forms)

03/23/2017 check cashed 

03/27/2017 1st NOAs received in mail

04/22/2017 biometric letter 

05/03/2017 biometric appointment 

05/09/2017 case is ready to be scheduled for interview 

07/03/2017 EAD card is being produced 

07/07/2017 EAD card is mailed to me

04/03/2018 Filed for EAD renewal 

06/15/2018 AOS interview was scheduled 

06/21/2018 received interview letter 

07/23/2018 interview

07/24/2018 case approved 

07/28/2018 card in hand 

3 hours ago, SparklePony said:

Some applications get approved without an interview. It's what happened to me. I received a letter from USCIS saying I was a potential case for approval with no interview and that's exactly what happened.

Vou. Congratulations.  I didn't know that is even possible. Sounds sooo perfect. 

44 minutes ago, Gio&David said:

Yes, I will be really thankful with the NO1, so I can get a drivers license to start interacting with others and doing things by myself. Now I'm stuck in the house. Hope they touch/notice our packets this week. 

NOA1 is enough for drivers license?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I'm starting to feel very anxious. They've received it on 3/10 and still no answer. What happens if the paperwork is not filled correctly? Will they let me know or will they just send the whole thing back? Ugh I'm starting to go crazy! :unsure:

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, kimy33 said:

Hi everyone, so wish I had found this forum earlier....

I have filed my AOS package on March 14th, and yesterday when reading others posts I realized that I used the outdated I-485 and I-765 form...I did put in the correct fees for both I-485 ($1225) and I-130 ($535). But I am afraid mine will be rejected and returned to me, and it might take a few weeks for the package to get back to me. 

Don't make the same mistake... and hope I can get my package back soon....

congratulations so far for sending out your package. I and I think some others here sent out our package especially the I-485 (for me) with the old form and was wishing they may send it back but they never did, I hope and pray you get same favor but if you don't please don't feel bad, in the mean time, fill the new forms and  wait for response and update from USCIS so that you can send it out immediately. good luck.

3 minutes ago, atuegwu said:

congratulations so far for sending out your package. I and I think some others here sent out our package especially the I-485 (for me) with the old form and was wishing they may send it back but they never did, I hope and pray you get same favor but if you don't please don't feel bad, in the mean time, fill the new forms and  wait for response and update from USCIS so that you can send it out immediately. good luck.

thank you for the kind words. I was really frustrated and kept blaming myself for not check the edition... But there is nothing I can do now, but be patient and wait. Hope I will get the same favor and prepare for the return at the same time. 

03/14/2017 AOS package arrived (I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131)

03/23/2017 1st NOAs received (text and emails for all 4 forms)

03/23/2017 check cashed 

03/27/2017 1st NOAs received in mail

04/22/2017 biometric letter 

05/03/2017 biometric appointment 

05/09/2017 case is ready to be scheduled for interview 

07/03/2017 EAD card is being produced 

07/07/2017 EAD card is mailed to me

04/03/2018 Filed for EAD renewal 

06/15/2018 AOS interview was scheduled 

06/21/2018 received interview letter 

07/23/2018 interview

07/24/2018 case approved 

07/28/2018 card in hand 

2 hours ago, Gio&David said:

Hi, I'm still waiting, too. It's been over 15 days now since it was delivered. In the meantime I'm devouring books with kindle unlimited and improving my English. My son is going to join school next week (5th grade) he doesn't speak English. Anyone in the same situation? Any thread I can follow to get information on how to help him? Thanx 

I have a suggestion for you: have you tried out your local public library's Kindle and audiobook collection? You'll find that most cities and towns in the US have excellent print and digital resources - and at least in five different states I've lived in, the collection has been better than what I get on Kindle Unlimited.

I would recommend browsing your local public library's Kindle book or audiobook collection and reading/listening to what they have to offer. Try it :) 

Additionally, try podcasts while running errands or doing chores around the house. My gringa friend who's moving to Mexico to flee Trump is doing that and it's working well for her.

Timeline:

• AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I can track my case online and the receipt number for my 485 says fingerprint fee was received .Would the status change to Biometric Interview scheduled or would i receive the interview letter in mail. It looks like a lot of our cases are routed to the National Benefits Center as the other centers might be really busy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 hour ago, IkaStuart said:

Vou. Congratulations.  I didn't know that is even possible. Sounds sooo perfect. 

It's actually somewhat common for those adjusting from K1s - at least it was when my card was approved. These are couples that have already "proved" to be in a bona fide marriage through the embassy interview so it sort of makes sense that the AOS interview isn't needed as much. 

1 hour ago, IkaStuart said:

NOA1 is enough for drivers license?

Some states will allow that, others won't. 

1 hour ago, Kalciaa said:

I'm starting to feel very anxious. They've received it on 3/10 and still no answer. What happens if the paperwork is not filled correctly? Will they let me know or will they just send the whole thing back? Ugh I'm starting to go crazy! :unsure:

My package was received before that and we don't have any news yet - no text/emails and the checks haven't been cashed yet. Just have to wait...

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Abhi138 said:

I can track my case online and the receipt number for my 485 says fingerprint fee was received .Would the status change to Biometric Interview scheduled or would i receive the interview letter in mail. It looks like a lot of our cases are routed to the National Benefits Center as the other centers might be really busy.

That's all it's going to say until they send it to your local office for processing, your case is scheduled for a green card interview or until you get a interview wavier letter. 

Edited by TL2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.