42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Helo, brand new to Visa Journey. My question is pretty simple, would the Manilla Embassy have any way of verifying that my pay stubs are real besides looking at the pay stubs themselves? I have seen many posts about fake letters from bosses but not pay stubs.

I recently found out that my employer was giving me fake pay stubs because I told him that I needed them for my fiances Visa. I was pretty friggin pissed when he told me, but it turns out he is a knowledgeable and used this website to bring his fiancee here (though not with FAKE PAY STUBS!). Anyway I'm still pretty pissed, but regardless I need to figure out what to do. He has paid me the exact amount on the pay stubs so I have been getting paid, so if it were ever found out would it come back on him, me or both? Also he had some good points. Pay stubs are pretty easy to make look real (he fooled me), and also do they really take the papers you give them at the interview and go back and check with the IRS or the Social Security Office and verify that you paid X taxes and SS? Would they even be allowed? I have also read on here that they don't do any of the work to verify, that they just check the documents you give them by themselves. Most importantly my most recent tax return of 2016 shows no record of my employment with him because I only started with him mid January 2017, so they will have no tax records to verify this with. So it seems like pay stubs that look completely real for all practical purposes in this case, are real.

I am currently about to find another job and am hoping I can get enough pay in with them to get at least 2 pay stubs before the interview, but I think I may have to submit the fakes. My petition is with the embassy now from the NVC, how much time do I have to get two pay stubs without causing delay? 

Also, my last tax return is short of the poverty line, so will they take a closer look at my pay stubs? It seems like they are so backed up that they just look, verify the numbers, ask questions, and make a decision. It also sounds like the Manilla Embassy is not very probing about income. Thanks in advance, any advice or information is much appreciated :)

Edited by BuckeyJ

Filed: Country:
Timeline

to put it this way if you lie you are committing fraud and they will come after you for that as well as never trust you again. so any subsequent petition will be looked at very closely.

also what do you mean by "fake pay stubs" either you were paid that much or you weren't. if your employer pays you though direct deposit the only way to get pay stubs is to print them out.

in short don't lie they will accept any proof you give them but if they find you are lying at any point even after your fiance becomes a citizen they can revoke everything that was gotten.

Timeline
Just now, f f said:

also what do you mean by "fake pay stubs" either you were paid that much or you weren't. if your employer pays you though direct deposit the only way to get pay stubs is to print them out.

I mean he put down that he was taking ss, taxes, medicare etc out of my check but he actually wasn't. Though he was paying my agreed salary "after taxes", no deductions were being made. He gave me checks and pay stubs and it is all deposited in my bank. Are you saying that if he paid me without taking out taxes and made pay stubs ONLY showing my pay without deductions that would be legitimate for the embassy?

What I really want to know is if there is any chance they will know if the deductions part of my pay stubs are not accurate, if there is any chance they could check with other agencies like the IRS, Social Security etc., because if not, there is really no way for them to know my pay stubs are "fake" or wrong on my deductions. He would verify my work and pay if called or visited, he has a license, obviously I would verify my own income and verify what I submit. The only people who would know they were fake are the agencies the deductions are supposed to go to.

I'm just really irritated that I was put in this position. Everything he showed me looked legit, and now our petition might be delayed unless I submit these pay stubs. I mean what would have happened if he never told me? I would have walked into the interview with these thinking they were completely accurate.

Edited by BuckeyJ
Missing content

Timeline
32 minutes ago, BuckeyJ said:

I mean he put down that he was taking ss, taxes, medicare etc out of my check but he actually wasn't. Though he was paying my agreed salary "after taxes", no deductions were being made. He gave me checks and pay stubs and it is all deposited in my bank. Are you saying that if he paid me without taking out taxes and made pay stubs ONLY showing my pay without deductions that would be legitimate for the embassy?

What I really want to know is if there is any chance they will know if the deductions part of my pay stubs are not accurate, if there is any chance they could check with other agencies like the IRS, Social Security etc., because if not, there is really no way for them to know my pay stubs are "fake" or wrong on my deductions. He would verify my work and pay if called or visited, he has a license, obviously I would verify my own income and verify what I submit. The only people who would know they were fake are the agencies the deductions are supposed to go to.

I'm just really irritated that I was put in this position. Everything he showed me looked legit, and now our petition might be delayed unless I submit these pay stubs. I mean what would have happened if he never told me? I would have walked into the interview with these thinking they were completely accurate.

so your being paid under the table. anything you give them for that job is fraud until you actually pay the taxes you are supposed to. and yes they will check with the iRS it is the ease st check for them to do. by the way when the aos you have to submit tax transcripts to prove you made what you claimed to have made. since those are records from the IRS stating how much tax you paid on the income you made.

Timeline
Just now, f f said:

so your being paid under the table. anything you give them for that job is fraud until you actually pay the taxes you are supposed to. and yes they will check with the iRS it is the ease st check for them to do. by the way when the aos you have to submit tax transcripts to prove you made what you claimed to have made. since those are records from the IRS stating how much tax you paid on the income you made.

The only tax transcripts I have are from 2016 and earlier, so what I submit to the aos will have nothing to show for the time I have worked for him. And as I understand fraud can only be proven if there is intent to harm, among other things...

"Fraud must be proved by showing that the defendant's actions involved five separate elements: (1) a false statement of material fact,(2) knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue, (3) intent on the part of the defendant to deceive the alleged victim, (4) justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement, and (5) injury to the alleged victim asresult."

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/fraud

Edited by BuckeyJ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

perhaps your employer is paying you as an independent contractor, hence why there

is no withholding for taxes and ss?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

you may also want to verify you make enough since independent contractors are responsible for both half of social security tax instead of only half for employees.

I would also strongly consider reporting your company if they are willing to forge documents you need for the government purposes. as well as check if they hired you as an employee or independent contractor since they have to pay you a few percent more as a contractor to make the take home pay the same.

I would still consider it fraud since you know the pay stubs are incorrect (1,2) you are still going to present them as correct to the uscis (3) and uscis is trusting you will provide correct statements (4) and you will injury the us population by potentially not being able to support the fiance (5). 

Timeline
13 hours ago, BuckeyJ said:

Helo, brand new to Visa Journey. My question is pretty simple, would the Manilla Embassy have any way of verifying that my pay stubs are real besides looking at the pay stubs themselves? I have seen many posts about fake letters from bosses but not pay stubs.

I hate to say this but the penalty for willful misrepresentation (fraud)  - I *BELIEVE* its not only a DENIAL but a BAN from ever doing it.

Edited by jstryker

K1 VISA
10/23/16....I-129F FEDEX 2nd day to Lewisville, TX
10/26/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/28/16....NOA1 Text and Email

10/28/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/04/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

w..a...i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

11/22/16....NOA2 Text Only

11/22/16....NOA2 Approval Date - no email yet
11/28/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

w..a..i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

12/06/16....Called NVC - No case yet (15 days after NOA2)

12/12/16....Called NVC - I-129F Received - no case number yet.

12/13/16....Case Number Received

12/15/16....Case status set as "In Transit"  to US Embassy in Manilla, PH

12/19/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/19/16....Emailed NVC asking for case information as it was never received (I know its too early - Just Do It Anyway)

w..a..i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

xx/xx/xx......Never Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC (STILL MISSING GRRRRR)

01/03/17....NVC replied to email providing NVC letter and info

01/04/17....Medical Completed

01/04/17....Fedex I-134 (wet signature) and all documents needed from petitioner for CFO and for the USEM interview (employment, divorce decree, etc...)
02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

02/15/17....Visa In Hand :jest:

02/17/17....CFO Interview, Yellow sticker in hand

03/07/17....POE - San Francisco, CA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Definately don't recommend giving out something you know is not authentic. 

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

You can also send Tax receipts that you can get off the IRS website, its super easy and does not take that long.  Also, I believe a letter from the HR dept, on letterhead and signed stating your employment with salary works too... but if you are being paid under the table, you should really make sure you are paying taxes on this, or you might get slapped with an audit!   

If it is direct deposit pay, you do not get "Pay slips" per say, you get a slip that looks like a check, but states it is not valid, or negotiable... but at the bottom has all the tax withdraws and YTD earnings information.  

https://www.ncpc.org/resources/enhancement-assets/charts-and-graphs/sampledirectdepositslip.jpg   is an example of what that would look like. 

Edited by BethyWink

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
14 hours ago, BuckeyJ said:

I recently found out that my employer was giving me fake pay stubs because I told him that I needed them for my fiances Visa. I was pretty friggin pissed when he told me, but it turns out he is a knowledgeable and used this website to bring his fiancee here (though not with FAKE PAY STUBS!). Anyway I'm still pretty pissed, but regardless I need to figure out what to do. He has paid me the exact amount on the pay stubs so I have been getting paid, so if it were ever found out would it come back on him, me or both? Also he had some good points. Pay stubs are pretty easy to make look real (he fooled me), and also do they really take the papers you give them at the interview and go back and check with the IRS or the Social Security Office and verify that you paid X taxes and SS? Would they even be allowed? I have also read on here that they don't do any of the work to verify, that they just check the documents you give them by themselves. Most importantly my most recent tax return of 2016 shows no record of my employment with him because I only started with him mid January 2017, so they will have no tax records to verify this with. So it seems like pay stubs that look completely real for all practical purposes in this case, are real.

I am currently about to find another job and am hoping I can get enough pay in with them to get at least 2 pay stubs before the interview, but I think I may have to submit the fakes. My petition is with the embassy now from the NVC, how much time do I have to get two pay stubs without causing delay? 

Also, my last tax return is short of the poverty line, so will they take a closer look at my pay stubs? It seems like they are so backed up that they just look, verify the numbers, ask questions, and make a decision. It also sounds like the Manilla Embassy is not very probing about income. Thanks in advance, any advice or information is much appreciated :)

Careful, this could put you in more trouble than you think. Do not submit fake documents to immigration or USCIS/consulate.i had my interview and they retained i-134 and all the supporting documents attached to that application, they also retained police certificate. I'm sure they verify the documents.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If he reports on your (fake or real ) pay stubs he is obligated to Take out SS, medicare and pay for unemployment insurance  TROUBLE for both th you and him if he didn't and you went along with this unless you are independent contractor who pays his own taxes

If he didn't pay any for you,you need to pay yourself on the additional taxes due on tax returns 

don't mess with your applicaition for this visa or with IRS

What he is doing is totally illegal ( i mean to fake the pay stubs at this point)

Regardless of 1099 or W2s, preparing false paystubs for US govt submission is illegal. You need to find a new employer if the current one is falsifying payroll and not paying employer-mandated taxes that go to the US treasury. 

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.