bcking

Trump "declines to attend" White House correspondents dinner

94 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think the word is Deplorables.

To be fair the love of Identity Politics is getting hammered everywhere, look what has happened to Labour in the UK.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just now, Boiler said:

I think the word is Deplorables.

To be fair the love of Identity Politics is getting hammered everywhere, look what has happened to Labour in the UK.

if i didn't know better, i'd say the deplorable label was offensive to some. but i bet it hurt the most cause it came from hillary.

Timeline
Just now, smilesammich said:

if i didn't know better, i'd say the deplorable label was offensive to some. but i bet it hurt the most cause it came from hillary.

I think what amused the most was that it came from Hillary, showed her true colours, ooops!

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

to summarize;

trump supporters still don't realize how very tiny of a minority 'force' they are.

But, the aren't are they. Clinton lost the election. And never mind that nonsense about the "popular" vote. We aren't electing Prom Queen.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

8 minutes ago, cdneh said:

But, the aren't are they. Clinton lost the election. And never mind that nonsense about the "popular" vote. We aren't electing Prom Queen.

your prom queen logic only works if you 1. believe everyone who didn't vote at all would have voted for trump (and will in four years) 2. were in high school casting paper ballots. 3. ignore how many american voters (trump supporters too) stand to get steamrolled by his policies and decisions.

clinton lost, as she should have. but trump supporters and the gop should keep in mind why she lost. it wasn't because trump is capable of bipartisan leadership.  what i've seen thus far from trump supporters, like full on like the guy, he could sacrifice a fat baby jesus to the wall street gods and they'd still be going on about how he's fighting for them. but like i said, they're a small group getting smaller.

Edited by smilesammich

Timeline

She lost because she is a crook and could not in the end hide it.

Just now, Boiler said:

She lost because she is a crook and could not in the end hide it.

trump is also a crook. i would argue trump is more of a crook considering lots of the nonsense said about hillary wasn't true. but i am really glad that alex jones is finally getting the serious credit he deserves.

13 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I think what amused the most was that it came from Hillary, showed her true colours, ooops!

because name calling isn't nice? trump hit the reset button on uncomfortable honesty and convenient lies, the bar is underground now.

Timeline
Just now, smilesammich said:

trump is also a crook. i would argue trump is more of a crook considering lots of the nonsense said about hillary wasn't true. but i am really glad that alex jones is finally getting the serious credit he deserves.

I do not personally know anybody who likes Trump, know a lot of people who hated Hillary.

There was no realistic other choice.

6 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

your prom queen logic only works if you 1. believe everyone who didn't vote at all would have voted for trump (and will in four years) 2. were in high school casting paper ballots. 3. ignore how many american voters (trump supporters too) stand to get steamrolled by his policies and decisions.

clinton lost, as she should have. but trump supporters and the gop should keep in mind why she lost. it wasn't because trump is capable of bipartisan leadership.  what i've seen thus far from trump supporters, like full on like the guy, he could sacrifice a fat baby jesus to the wall street gods and they'd still be going on about how he's fighting for them. but like i said, they're a small group getting smaller.

She lost because she was dishonest. She lost because she represented to palpable change. She lost because people couldn't trust her. And Bill, he sure didn't help either. 

They aren't getting  a smaller group, but  your mileage may vary. Wildly.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I do not personally know anybody who likes Trump, know a lot of people who hated Hillary.

There was no realistic other choice.

and yet when trump's dirty deeds start to trickle out it's all fake news and rouses.

5 minutes ago, cdneh said:

She lost because she was dishonest. She lost because she represented to palpable change. She lost because people couldn't trust her. And Bill, he sure didn't help either. 

They aren't getting  a smaller group, but  your mileage may vary. Wildly.

and the town hall meetings are filling with paid shills. going no where fast ignoring the will of the people..post it note might come in handy. outlook reminder..

Edited by smilesammich

Timeline
7 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

and yet when trump's dirty deeds start to trickle out it's all fake news and rouses.

and the town hall meetings are filling with paid shills. going no where fast ignoring the will of the people..post it note might come in handy. outlook reminder..

Yet again, the only option was Hillary.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, LionessDeon said:

I can only speak for myself although I have seen others comments and posts on social media BUT:

1)  I have never called anyone a name or used profanity here or on social media for posting their viewpoint.  I have in return been called names for expressing mine.

2)  I have asked trump supporters questions and to explain why they feel a certain way or explain their viewpoint.  I never seem to get a straight factual answer and again just get called names.

3)  I always do my best to treat everyone with respect and in a similar fashion as how I wish to be treated. 

4)  So far the only thing I can support of trump's policies is removing the TPP and NAFTA.  I didn't agree with Obama's stance on it.  But everything else of trumps seems to be riddled with misleading info, misguided agenda's and repercussions that hurt more than they help.  Ironically, when I went to the trump rally here, I was clapping for him when he talked about jobs and TPP.  Everyone turned and looked at me like I was crazy. They ended up interrupting him with chants of "Lock her up" and "Build that wall".  It was the weirdest thing!!  Another observation was that I counted literally 7 blacks and a few asians, in an arena full of mostly old and young white men.  It just felt strange to me that the audience was not more diverse.

5)  I don't oppose just for sheer enjoyment.  I oppose when its not true, not right, unfair, and not helpful to the needs of the American people....all American people not just rich whites.  It's not whining its called activism and you're supposed to speak up when your elected politicans are not acting in the manner you elected them to.  Isn't that the point of American democracy?

Fair enough. Just to let you know I never thought you were one who was opposing just to oppose. I think you understand that…but I just wanted to make sure. 

What kind of questions were you asking Trump supporters?

1 hour ago, smilesammich said:

Not the least bit. I had a customer the other day. I asked are you deplorables, they beamed YES. I said me also