53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, PinoyInUS said:

How do you make a service request?

You can call USCIS.

There's also an online option, but I don't have the direct link right now. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you do it online, check your case status and below the "My case blah, blah, blah" there are 4 squares, one of them says something related to file an inquiry or something. You click there and it will take you to the website where you can file an e-request :).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/22/2017 at 8:57 PM, PinoyInUS said:

How do you make a service request?

Call to the USCIS helpline and you can submit the service request there.

Timeline

I got notification this morning that my card is in production!  Today is day 100. And 9 days since I put in a service request.  

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

I got notification this morning that my card is in production!  Today is day 100. And 9 days since I put in a service request.  

Finally!! Congrats! Now, more waiting.. But at least that means, according to what I've read, that it was approved. You should be getting it within 2 weeks or something :). 

Timeline
Just now, MSchacherer said:

Finally!! Congrats! Now, more waiting.. But at least that means, according to what I've read, that it was approved. You should be getting it within 2 weeks or something :). 

Yeah, that was the weird thing, I didn't get a notification of an approval, but logically they wouldn't send me a denied card, right? 2 weeks is nothing when you know it's coming.  It's the waiting for any update that is killer. 

At least it allows me to start looking so I can line up interviews and hopefully start a job as soon as I have card in hand :-)

Timeline
Just now, Cryssiekins said:

Yeah, that was the weird thing, I didn't get a notification of an approval, but logically they wouldn't send me a denied card, right? 2 weeks is nothing when you know it's coming.  It's the waiting for any update that is killer. 

At least it allows me to start looking so I can line up interviews and hopefully start a job as soon as I have card in hand :-)

LOL. I just imagined a denied card.. So funny...

I am afraid to start applying for jobs... How are you planning to handle the "are you allowed to work?" question? Do you think not having the EAD yet would be like a reason for them not considering you for a position?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MSchacherer said:

LOL. I just imagined a denied card.. So funny...

I am afraid to start applying for jobs... How are you planning to handle the "are you allowed to work?" question? Do you think not having the EAD yet would be like a reason for them not considering you for a position?

Hmm... I didn't really consider that.  I just thought I would indicate in my cover letter that I was recently approved to accept employment so that when they see my work experience is all in Canada, they know I'm not seeking employment based sponsorship. 

I would guess we are okay to answer yes to that, provided we do not sign an employment contract until we receive the card.

DHS systems for e-verify should be updated once the card is produced, in the event an employer does a scan before an interview or offer.  

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

Hmm... I didn't really consider that.  I just thought I would indicate in my cover letter that I was recently approved to accept employment so that when they see my work experience is all in Canada, they know I'm not seeking employment based sponsorship. 

I would guess we are okay to answer yes to that, provided we do not sign an employment contract until we receive the card.

DHS systems for e-verify should be updated once the card is produced, in the event an employer does a scan before an interview or offer.  

Yup. That's true.. Plus, depending on the company, it usually takes them 1-2 weeks to analyze your resumé, and stuff, so, by then we will already have our cards in our hands! :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/18/2017 at 0:48 PM, Davidblunt said:

I am also almost identical to you.

Nov 16 - File was received.

Dec 20 - RFE for initial evidence

Dec 28 - RFE response received and accepted. 

It's been 94 days for me.

However, you should know that if the RFE was for initial evidence, the 90 days timeline reset to the day they received the response.

That puts me back to 51 days.

It seems for most people that is doesn't completely reset their case but it does delay it a few weeks.

Any updates?

3 hours ago, bhashmi9 said:

Any updates?

None on my EAD/AP. But I received confirmation of my green card interview date today": March 29 (Chicago).

It seems like most people without RFIEs are getting approved around the 100 day mark as there is clearly a backlog.

I expect to approved 2-3 weeks later due to the RFIE, i.e. 120-130 days mark.

Edited by Davidblunt

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any news here on ead? My filing date is dec15,2016 and biometrics done jan19. Still no update. I dont have any rfe nor rfie. Any updates here?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
30 minutes ago, PinoyInUS said:

Any news here on ead? My filing date is dec15,2016 and biometrics done jan19. Still no update. I dont have any rfe nor rfie. Any updates here?

That's way too early, a big chunk of November filers haven't even got theirs yet. Expect 100 days to get your EAD, that is without RFEs. If you get it before 90 days, count yourself lucky.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Laos
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Scandi said:

That's way too early, a big chunk of November filers haven't even got theirs yet. Expect 100 days to get your EAD, that is without RFEs. If you get it before 90 days, count yourself lucky.

Tomorrow is my 90th day. No RFEs, Service request on Feb 15th. They haven't responded yet

PD 11/30

NOA 12/15

Bio 01/09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.