Ray&Ash

I-129F November 2016 Filers - Part 2

2,907 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you mjvc my rfe was for intent to marry and proof of meetings him  the only think was that I met him after I send the petition as it is arranged engagement by my parents. But I send everything as a reply to the rfe along with passport copies and tickets copies. Hopefully the can send my Noa2 next week have high hopes any body with similar issues also we have a age difference of few years. 

3 hours ago, Fasif said:

Thank you mjvc my rfe was for intent to marry and proof of meetings him  the only think was that I met him after I send the petition as it is arranged engagement by my parents. But I send everything as a reply to the rfe along with passport copies and tickets copies. Hopefully the can send my Noa2 next week have high hopes any body with similar issues also we have a age difference of few years. 

If you didn't meet before you started the process, you need to provide them with some sort of waiver as to why this is the case. You're stating that your parents arranged the engagement, so I'm going to assume reasons based on tradition and/or religion. Wait and see what happens, but if USCIS is still not happy, have somebody write an affidavit explaining your culture and how it is uncommon to meet your fiancé before official engagement. That would preferably be a religious leader. However, if there was a meeting prior to filing the petition, all of the above does not apply to you. Good luck; I hope you will get your approval soon :)

ROC: 

12/30/2019 package sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS 

12/31/2019 package arrived at Texas Lockbox 

01/02/2020 package signed for

01/04/2020 $680 charged on credit card

01/06/2020 text message and email with case number received

01/09/2020 extension letter received; notice date: 01/03/2020

02/22/2020 biometrics appointment letter received 

03/06/2020 biometrics appointment 

08/09/2021 I-751 approved

08/16/2021 Green Card received

Naturalization:

12/29/2020 application filed online and receipt number received 

01/04/2021 hard copy NOA1 received 

02/27/2021 electronic biometric reuse letter received

09/19/2021 interview scheduled - electronic notice received 

09/27/2021 hard copy interview notice received (issue date: 09/21/2021)

10/27/2021 interview (10.40am), approved

11/06/2021 oath ceremony (7.30am) 

I AM A U.S. CITIZEN!!!!! 

Passport:

11/08/2021 appointment at USPS (2.00pm)

11/16/2021 money order cashed, passport “in process” (locator 69)

12/02/2021 approved and shipped

12/04/2021 passport book delivered

12/13/2021 passport card and NC delivered 

7 hours ago, CMJuilland said:

If you didn't meet before you started the process, you need to provide them with some sort of waiver as to why this is the case. You're stating that your parents arranged the engagement, so I'm going to assume reasons based on tradition and/or religion. Wait and see what happens, but if USCIS is still not happy, have somebody write an affidavit explaining your culture and how it is uncommon to meet your fiancé before official engagement. That would preferably be a religious leader. However, if there was a meeting prior to filing the petition, all of the above does not apply to you. Good luck; I hope you will get your approval soon :)

(Approved) Waivers for not meeting in person first are extremely rare. The arranged marriage aspect isn't a consideration for the waiver...the issue is they have to show that their either cannot meet in person (extremely difficult to prove this), or that long-standing tradition or religion prohibits meeting in person first. Being a norm to not meet in person wouldn't qualify...the actual phrasing used is that it would need to violate customs to meet in person. The fact that there was a meeting after filing for the petition very likely means that meeting in person was not prohibited.

Edit: Let me clarify that last remark...he will need to show that it would violate customs/religion to meet before he filed the petition while still showing that meeting after filing was permitted in his culture.

Or if I misread it and he met within 2 years prior to filing, then there's no issue at all. haha

I-129F instructions, Page 1:

a. Intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé's admission to United States and you are both free to marry; b. Have met in person within 2 years before filing this petition, unless you establish that either:

(1) The requirement to meet your fiancé(e) in person would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your fiancé(e)'s foreign culture or social practice; or

(2) The requirement to meet your fiancé(e) in person would result in extreme hardship to you.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

There were 0 Nov .cases approved today, along with 3 RFEs and 2 RFEs received.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Hi @visamountain the alien case number you get from NVC which will be HRE201**** @HeartMoyo I am  a zim beneficiary too whose last name is Moyo all the best to you both. When I did this I wanted nothing more than a fellow zimbo but the ones in here weren't very communicative beyond repeating what you get online.

Hi!

Its a small world. How was your experience with the medical and interview process. Any pointers you can give. I  really appreciate it. Congratulations 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Hi!

Its a small world. How was your experience with the medical and interview process. Any pointers you can give. I  really appreciate it. Congratulations 😊

My case unfortunately is not the way you want yours to go I've had 2 embassy experiences neither of them great I can't help with advice there. But my story doesn't have to be anyone else's so in everything be hopeful.

With doctors you need your passports,photos and to schedule a morning appointment early in the week so that you can do all the other stuff like X-rays and blood on the same day the blood goes to south Africa so they don't take it from Thursday afternoon or something like that.its also easier with a car because everything is  far apart

Timeline

@HeartMoyo we are praying these last couple steps before he takes that flight are simple and fast.  Praying against any RFE, delays in getting an interview, and travel complications.  We'll have to buy a last minute flight from Zimbabwe home to me and how God's gonna pull that one off, I guess we just wait and see.  Easily $2,000-$3,000 for a one way flight last minute. I don't know where that money is, but it will be there in time.  Congrats on being approved :) It took 18 days for our NVC number, he leaves for Zim on Friday, and tonight we completed his DS-160, to the point that he just needs to add the photo and submit.  His second police clearance is on Monday and his medical is next Wednesday.  You have to schedule a medical at least two weeks before your interview date.  Since we don't have an interview date yet, that made it easy.  We knew we needed to go ahead and get things scheduled while we waited for that NVC number because Harare only recognizes TWO doctors for the medical, so the first chance you get you're going to want to see what their schedule looks like.  He has THREE more working days after today.  A very emotional week, but soon he'll be able to relax, and by faith we believe he'll be home in America by the last week of May or first week of June.  We chose 4 wedding dates of June 10th, 11th, or July 15th, 16th.  I can't wait to be his wife!

Wow, this journey is certainly not easy. I hope he travels well to Zim and that the process is smooth from here. A summer wedding is beautiful. Your almost there. I will look into the medical doctors information today. Thanks

Timeline

Should I prepare myself for any fees beyond the following?  I'm only asking about the fees BEFORE he reaches America.

Medical:

My fee   $200
Chest xray   $100
Lab tests  $100
Vaccinations:   approx $60

Day of Interview
Application fee $265 USD

Flight:
Last minute $2,000-$3,000

Police Clearance

Oh my goodness it's expensive. I wasn't expecting that.  Thanks for the heads up. 

And yea the one way tickets are expensive plus its summer here too. Oh well. Need to make some adjustments and save now.

Timeline

My case unfortunately is not the way you want yours to go I've had 2 embassy experiences neither of them great I can't help with advice there. But my story doesn't have to be anyone else's so in everything be hopeful.

With doctors you need your passports,photos and to schedule a morning appointment early in the week so that you can do all the other stuff like X-rays and blood on the same day the blood goes to south Africa so they don't take it from Thursday afternoon or something like that.its also easier with a car because everything is  far apart

Oh im sorry to hear that. I pray it works out for you. Hopefully third time is a charm. Thanks the information!

Timeline

Does anyone know if you can do your medical in another country? Trying to avoid these expensive fees. My fiance will be visiting some relatives in Johannesburg South Africa for a week in 10 days. Can we get it done then? We are still waiting for the NVC. Thank you for your help! Good luck to everyone :)

Edited by HeartMoyo
Correction

Does anyone know if you can do your medical in another country? Trying to avoid these expensive fees. My fiance will be visiting some relatives in Johannesburg South Africa for a week in 10 days. Can we get it done then? We are still waiting for the NVC. Thank you for your help! Good luck to everyone :)

Nope. The medical has to be performed by a provider approved by the embassy where you will interview.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Oh im sorry to hear that. I pray it works out for you. Hopefully third time is a charm. Thanks the information!

You're welcome we are down and not necessarily out it's the dreaded AP for us.I believe God has the final say though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.