5,924 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone, I have been lurking on VJ for a while now and now I've finally decided to post a question that I have been wondering about. My question is...... Do you guys think that I can get my case expedited due to financial losses to me by...... I was recently accepted into pharmacy school and I need to have my fiance here before the fall semester starts because we still need to do our wedding and get situated and all that good stuff before I have to actually start classes. My fiance and I both know that I won't be able to work too many hours once school starts because I will need to focus more on classes especially since its Pharmacy. If things get delayed, then I won't know what to do.... do I focus on classes or do I work full time so that I can pay rent? (Currently I live with my parents) Having my fiance here beforehand will be very very helpful because that way we can help support each other until I'm done and we won't lose a lot of time and money. Also this may make me sound a little selfish but don't get me wrong. I love my fiance very much but I'm trying to look at the big picture here. 

I hope this makes sense to everyone. What are your thoughts? 

I appreciate what you guys have to say

Congratulations on your acceptance to pharmacy school! Honestly I don't think they will grant you an expidite for this reason. Going to school is your own choice and something that a lot of other filers go through. With that being said, there is no harm in applying to have your case expidited, as you will never truly know unless you try. Good luck!

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

I'm getting a tad worried about these RFEs for proof of having met... i know it's not the end of the world if you get one but I'm doing a little retrospect right now and realize that apart from the engagement ring bill (which is not translated into English) we don't have much documentary proof, such as plane tickets or passport stamps and what not. We met and got engaged during his deployment so we couldn't really go anywhere out of a certain mile radius. All we have is photos of us together and a bunch of screenshots of daily chats and calls. I mean how can i let them further know that we're legit?!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm getting a tad worried about these RFEs for proof of having met... i know it's not the end of the world if you get one but I'm doing a little retrospect right now and realize that apart from the engagement ring bill (which is not translated into English) we don't have much documentary proof, such as plane tickets or passport stamps and what not. We met and got engaged during his deployment so we couldn't really go anywhere out of a certain mile radius. All we have is photos of us together and a bunch of screenshots of daily chats and calls. I mean how can i let them further know that we're legit?!

if he is military he should have copies of his deployment orders... if not he might beable to get fianance to give him proof of it if he had to file a expense report when he got back.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Congratulations on your acceptance to pharmacy school! Honestly I don't think they will grant you an expidite for this reason. Going to school is your own choice and something that a lot of other filers go through. With that being said, there is no harm in applying to have your case expidited, as you will never truly know unless you try. Good luck!

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback. I guess we'll see what happens. 

Timeline

Could the continuing slow down in I-129F processing be a change of priorities??

from https://www.uscis.gov/workload-transfers

March 4, 2017

We transferred some of the following cases from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center:

• Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, for F, M, J or B nonimmigrants

February 28, 2017

We transferred some of the following cases from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center

• Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, for petitioners requesting H-1B nonimmigrant classification

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello dear February Filers!! 😍

I've gotten more and more frustrated, especially since last week. Therefore, I began to search online why processing have been vastly slowed down. And by doing that, I thankfully found you! So I decided to say Hi. 

I was reading all of your comments for the last few hours...hahah...It encourages me and I'm thankful for all the advice, encouragement and the scans you provide. It's just awesome to finde people you can relate to. 

I wish you all a speedy and less frustrating process. 😘 

Edited by mtina518

Any other February filers from London?

I'm from Manchester 😊

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm from Manchester 😊

Not quite close enough for us to start a weekly beer after work support group then! Let me know if you need any practical help when it comes to interview time. I pass the Embassy regularly.

Any Trinis?? 

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone, I have been lurking on VJ for a while now and now I've finally decided to post a question that I have been wondering about. My question is...... Do you guys think that I can get my case expedited due to financial losses to me by...... I was recently accepted into pharmacy school and I need to have my fiance here before the fall semester starts because we still need to do our wedding and get situated and all that good stuff before I have to actually start classes. My fiance and I both know that I won't be able to work too many hours once school starts because I will need to focus more on classes especially since its Pharmacy. If things get delayed, then I won't know what to do.... do I focus on classes or do I work full time so that I can pay rent? (Currently I live with my parents) Having my fiance here beforehand will be very very helpful because that way we can help support each other until I'm done and we won't lose a lot of time and money. Also this may make me sound a little selfish but don't get me wrong. I love my fiance very much but I'm trying to look at the big picture here. 

I hope this makes sense to everyone. What are your thoughts? 

I appreciate what you guys have to say

Congrats!..I am a feb. filer and also I am in my second year of medical school. i  have filed 2 times for an expedite due to financial loss because I can no longer hold a job since I have to take so many classes and I have to find time to study for boards. And since my family lives over 20 hours away, I am living on my own. I sent in so much proof showing how much I am losing and showed them everything from the school calendar, my class schedule, my pay before i had to quit, and so much other stuff. Unfortunately, they haven't approved the expedite either time, which means I am now only living on a student loan :(. Even with the student loan, its been tough to live. I have to budget every single penny and there isnt much left for anything after i pay off my tuition/fees and my rent/bills. I also turn 26 soon which means I now get to pay for health insurance on top of other bills. I am hoping they pick up the pace soon, and get us approved.  I attend school year round with two week breaks at the end of each semester, which also limits the times we can get married. Although, at this point we both have decided to just elope. Neither of us want to deal with planning a wedding, or have to spend a fortune that we don't have on one. Good luck to you (and to everyone)! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Congrats!..I am a feb. filer and also I am in my second year of medical school. i  have filed 2 times for an expedite due to financial loss because I can no longer hold a job since I have to take so many classes and I have to find time to study for boards. And since my family lives over 20 hours away, I am living on my own. I sent in so much proof showing how much I am losing and showed them everything from the school calendar, my class schedule, my pay before i had to quit, and so much other stuff. Unfortunately, they haven't approved the expedite either time, which means I am now only living on a student loan :(. Even with the student loan, its been tough to live. I have to budget every single penny and there isnt much left for anything after i pay off my tuition/fees and my rent/bills. I also turn 26 soon which means I now get to pay for health insurance on top of other bills. I am hoping they pick up the pace soon, and get us approved.  I attend school year round with two week breaks at the end of each semester, which also limits the times we can get married. Although, at this point we both have decided to just elope. Neither of us want to deal with planning a wedding, or have to spend a fortune that we don't have on one. Good luck to you (and to everyone)! 

Well if that doesn't count as financial loss, then I don't know what does. I also gave it a shot, but I haven't heard back yet. I wouldn't be surprised if my request was rejected. That's too bad to hear though with your situation. I just hope that we all get approved soon and get through this stage of the process already. Good luck with everything! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Any feb filers here from Singapore?

I-129F Sent : 2017-01-27
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-02-02
I-129F NOA2 : 2017-06-05 (124 days)
NVC Received :              -
Date Case # assigned : 2017-06-21
NVC Left : -
Consulate Received : 2017-06-29

Packet 3 Received :

Medical Exam Appointment: 

Packet 3 Sent:

Interview:

Interview Result:

Send 221g:

Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE

Civil Marriage:

AOS Received:

NOA1 Received:

Biometrics Appointment:

I-485 RFE:

I-485 RFE Received by USCIS:

2017-07-11

2017-08-05

2017-08-17

2017-09-06

221g (Require proof of petitioners domicile)

2017-09-14

2017-09-20 

2017-09-21

2017-11-18               

2017-11-22

2017-01-19

2017-01-29

2017-02-15

2017-02-12

2017-02-22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 06/05/2017 at 6:10 PM, BrianLondon said:

Not quite close enough for us to start a weekly beer after work support group then! Let me know if you need any practical help when it comes to interview time. I pass the Embassy regularly.

IMG_1222.JPG

Timeline

I was lurking on the March filers thread and saw on their google docs of the case numbers that at least 10 people have been approved, while 0 have been approved for the Feb filers. Mostly theyre asking for more proof from the Feb filers. This is honestly worrying to me.

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.