5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, D&J said:

Same here. I've been seeing approvals for the dates that are later than mine and I'm completely discouraged. I'm definitely happy for them but I'm not happy with the way USCIS work. I've lost hope in this process a long time ago. Our received date is Feb 14th. 114 days so far. I am aware that this could take up to six months and we have planned to get married on September 23rd. But, now I'm doubtful if we can make it. So I'm preparing myself for the worst case scenario, waiting for 6 months. I feel sorry about me, everyone of us here who have literally invested all our energy on this process and waiting. It's hard.

Last couple of days has been easy for me because two weeks ago was my VJ predicted date and we didn't receive any notification, and that's when I decided to take a step back. I do want to be with my fiancé more than anything in this world. But, I thought to myself, there's so much to focus on, put my energy into and enjoy instead of being dragged down by this process. So, I started spending time learning things, hanging out with my family more, traveling with my friends and family, doing the hobbies I love and such. It works. I am more relaxed about the waiting now, I'm not saying it isn't painful but I'm mentally prepared if it takes even longer. Don't let the USCIS get the best of you. Put your energy into work, or something else that you enjoy. You cannot let some government stop you from living in the present and enjoying your life every minute of it.

Sending hugs and love to you and to everyone who are still in this waiting list. Keep calm and stay strong. Even if it takes 6 months (worst case scenario), know that you will be with person you love in a few months. Think of the reward, look at the bigger picture. Stay hopeful. 

Surprisingly I've been super patient for this entire process because going into it I expected it to all take 9 months to a year... that was the mindset... my girlfriend was actually the one saying she'd be here during the summer time but I was positive she won't be... my guess is beginning to late fall possible early winter... so September-December. I am close to a couple whose grand daughter did this process and it took over 1 year to get the visa and then get married... start to finish which included her and him coming back to the United States... they were in Asia. I'm just hoping and praying that my case is not one that gets put on the back burner and I'm one of those ones like we are seeing in December... that would totally suck... also hope everything goes much faster after NVC and all that... and finally I hope our administration processing doesn't take 1 month once we finally do have the visa in hand.... I've heard of things like this happening... people waiting weeks to receive their actual visa once they were already approved after their interview. I've read all the horror stories I care to. Was not a patient person until this... waiting is good I guess... I get more mad than emotional or sad, just my personality. every day is a new day though lol!! Thanks for your input 😁😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/7/2017 at 2:53 AM, AnnieBee said:

It's been 102 days and counting for me and I feel like this past couple of days have been way harder to cope with. Every day feels like 102 days now. My I-129F file has been received on Feb 24th and the NOA1 has been sent on the 1st of March. However my case has been touched on the 23rd of March because they wrote my name wrong. My biggest fear now is my case being forgotten on the count that it's been touched so early. I don't really have an argument for this, it's just my paranoia saying workers at the USCIS are gonna take fresh untouched files and process them and my touched one is gonna be left for dead in a ditch somewhere. 

Could anyone tell me how accurate the vj timeline data is? I wanna know experiences...did the NOA2 come anywhere around the few days VJ estimate for you February fillers?

How do you know if they touched your case, I see people mention that but can't find the information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
11 minutes ago, JulzGhen said:

How do you know if they touched your case, I see people mention that but can't find the information.

The scans will show if the case has been touched. TriloByte posts them.

8 hours ago, JayeBird said:

I know it's tough TriloByte but try and give them another call soon. Keep calling them until they tell you something other than we received your case. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. 

Congrats though anyway!! 😁

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
10 hours ago, pajobra said:

HAHAHA one of my best friends lives in Texas and my first time visiting her from Canada it was 110F everyday I was there. I nearly did melt. Then I went in October the next year and it was 25C and they were all wearing pants and sweaters to my shorts and tank top. The lady at the store said to me you must be canadian. LMAO I was thinking gee how can you tell. lol

I will likely also stick around although I am not going to melt where I am going but also for the same reason what else well I do while waiting for my EAD. :D

I am going for one last visit in 2 weeks before the big move and I don't think I'm prepared for the weather that will be waiting for me.  I have never been there in the summer yet.  I worked a few summers years ago in Arizona but I find dry heat is so much better than when it's muggy.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Pizzaislife said:

Just wanted to give you an update. I called NVC again today and they have not received our file yet. 

Thanks for the update!! I am going to get my fiance to call tomorrow evening again.  I was planning to do the calling but I didn't think about the long distance charges.... Whoops!!

25 minutes ago, anajabonero said:

@TriloByte I'm wondering, have they lost our files?

This is a nonsense!

Good question! I wonder the same thing every day. Then, for some strange reason, I used to get tons of mail, and now, when I want that USCIS letter, I go weeks without any mail at all. I am stuck in some freakish limbo state.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, TriloByte said:

Good question! I wonder the same thing every day. Then, for some strange reason, I used to get tons of mail, and now, when I want that USCIS letter, I go weeks without any mail at all. I am stuck in some freakish limbo state.

Hahaha! Same here, same here!

We are about to write to our congressman, even if he will give us the same answer, just need to feel like i'm doing something. Do you/ or any in the forum have a template to how to focus the letter?

Thanks a lot!

2 minutes ago, PrincyE said:

I am curious as to how many young couples are in this group beside me and my fiance we are 23 :) :ot:

Me & my fiance are 24 and 26 :) 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

10 minutes ago, anajabonero said:

Hahaha! Same here, same here!

We are about to write to our congressman, even if he will give us the same answer, just need to feel like i'm doing something. Do you/ or any in the forum have a template to how to focus the letter?

Thanks a lot!

I wrote to my congressman and USCIS responded to them about 2 weeks ago. They got the same response, so maybe what I wrote was not good. I just pointed out that the fee doubled this year and the processing slowed down instead of sped up and that the case status checker was not working. I just stated that I wanted to know the status of my case.

I think the congressman is just as limited as us. The USCIS answers to nobody, it seems.

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, twinee said:

The scans will show if the case has been touched. TriloByte posts them.

Hi,did you mean the case numbers on thethe first sheet or those status are “approval”? I just confuse how the scans shoe if the case has been touched

33 minutes ago, PrincyE said:

I am curious as to how many young couples are in this group beside me and my fiance we are 23 :) :ot:

I am 26 and my fiancé is 23. :) 

02/08/17    I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX
02/10/17    i-129F Received Date

02/14/17    NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
02/15/17    NOA1 Text and E-mail. Case sent to CSC

02/15/17    Check deposited

02/22/17    NOA1 Hard Copy Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
22 hours ago, twinee said:

TriloByte I bet my application is right next to yours lol. My number is WAC1790199389

We can be the three amigos. Mine is lost in La La Land. 119 days, and I booked a trip back to the US for the end of this month to be able to speak to a tier 2, and I will also be making an appointment at the USCIS in Philly. Wasting money I just don't have because of  lack of support we get from them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.