5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 minutes ago, V&B said:

100 days for me unfortuantly 😞

So we are on the same time line practically and dealing with Mexico. Let's stay in touch to help each other though the process here on out. Where is your fiance at? We live in Cancun.

10 minutes ago, tab4768 said:

OOOOH So YOU are to blame???? Just kidding :) I had a call with a Rebecca at USCIS on Tuesday that sent me into hysterics at work. She was so condescending and gave me the complete opposite information than the guy before her a couple weeks ago. Living in Mexico, my fiance and I don't have the option of a 2nd tier support to call us back. There are so many angles of this process that has us royally screwed and no one at USCIS give a damn. I'm not asking for a cheerleader, but I do expect thorough and accurate details given in a mature nature. I am a very patient person, but this process has tested that. Lucky for me, my fiance and I live a 10 minute walk from one another. So I do have that over most people. But wanting to leave with my fiance to go back to my home country and have a "normal" life void of all the Mexican stresses, doesn't make this any easier for me (us).

I'm glad you are able to see your fiance, that's a plus. Regardless of the situation, a couple may be in, I don't think it's asking too much to get accurate information and updates, especially in this day and age of fantastic technology. A 4-month wait, what I am currently at, is unacceptable. And for those who know someone or who was someone that waited longer (years perhaps?), that's unacceptable too.

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, tab4768 said:

So we are on the same time line practically and dealing with Mexico. Let's stay in touch to help each other though the process here on out. Where is your fiance at? We live in Cancun.

Yes we are ! My fiance lives in the state of Michoacan, city of Morelia, its a pretty known city due to its tourist activities , 

this process is tough ! Its been tough ! 

And yes! Lets stay in touch, we can help eachother out especially once the next step comes to schedule medical appts and the interview part... 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Williamsnelson said:

Blood test and X-ray is required as welll? At the embassy doc or we can do it before to save cost? 

Both things are included in the medical cost and they have to be performed by them, as long with the urine test.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
7 minutes ago, V&B said:

Yes we are ! My fiance lives in the state of Michoacan, city of Morelia, its a pretty known city due to its tourist activities , 

this process is tough ! Its been tough ! 

And yes! Lets stay in touch, we can help eachother out especially once the next step comes to schedule medical appts and the interview part... 

I have friends that go to the Morelia Film Festival every year. It's definitely a beautiful area. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
1 hour ago, Teddybeard said:

Just got my email this morning with the scan of it, so it will be in my mailbox when I get home from work. I can read on the scan that the approval date was 5/19

Edited by Scofield

Timeline
9 minutes ago, tab4768 said:

I have friends that go to the Morelia Film Festival every year. It's definitely a beautiful area. 

Yes it is 😊

What is your recieved date ? If i may ask, 

i am so concerned, many people with recieved dates later than mine have already heard back and i have not yet ... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Scofield said:

Congrats to all those who got NOA2!!! My priority date is Feb 8 and I just got an email notification saying they mailed me an RFE today. My case status has also been updated online. Does anyone know how long it might take for them to process the response to the RFE after I send them back whatever it is they requested?

Edited by Scofield

1 minute ago, Scofield said:

Congrats to all those who got NOA2!!! My priority date is Feb 8 and I just got an email notification saying they mailed me an RFE today. My case status has also been updated online. Does anyone know how long it might take for them to process the response to the RFE after I send them back whatever it is they requested?

I think they say 2-3 weeks but, I think, they usually get processed faster than that once they arrive back.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

3 minutes ago, Scofield said:

Unfortunately, USCIS is unpredictable, other than the prediction that they will be unpredictable.  I've seen it take people weeks to hear back, others months. USCIS is the king cluster f.

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
45 minutes ago, V&B said:

Yes it is 😊

What is your recieved date ? If i may ask, 

i am so concerned, many people with recieved dates later than mine have already heard back and i have not yet ... 

My receive date is February 9th. Seeing all the approvals (even RFE's) that were done to cases after that date is so discouraging. It should all be done on date received. That is how any processing job I ever worked at does things. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Williamsnelson said:

Blood test and X-ray is required as welll? At the embassy doc or we can do it before to save cost? 

Yes I need to make it Before doctors appointment, I can make both tests and doc appointment same day, check on your embassy website and they should have all requirements, including doctor addreses and lab addresses. In my country for example they dont require urine test. 

K1 visa adventure 

02/01/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/13/2017- NoA1 hard copy (notice date 02/07, received date 02/03)

05/05/2017- NOA2 (hard copy received by mail 05/11, no e-notification)

05/25/2017- NVC number receiveD

06/19/2017- Embassy Interview: APPROVED!

06/26/2017- POE Boston

09/02/2017- we got married!

AOS adventure

02/20/2018- AOS send via USPS

02/23/2018- AOS received 

03/14/2018- text and email notifications

03/13/2018- NOA notice date (i-485, i-131)

04/04/2018- biometrics appointment (I-485)

04/18/2018- case ready for scheduling Interview 

05/24/2018- EAD approved (expedited on 05/04)

06/01/2018- EAD delivered to me

07/30/2018- AP approved

08/01/2018- AP approval notice received in the mail

01/10/2019-  Interview- approved on the spot

01/17/2019- Green Card received by mail

ROC adventure

10/16/2020- I-751 packet sent to Phoenix,AZ

10/19/2020- delivered to AZ lockbox by USPS

11/02/2020- Notice date

11/4/2020- check cashed and text- SRC

11/10/2020- received NOA extension letter for 18 months 

12/16/2020- Case transferred to NBC

02/10/2021- New Card is Being Produced

02/24/2021- GC received in the mailbox :)

26 minutes ago, tab4768 said:

My receive date is February 9th. Seeing all the approvals (even RFE's) that were done to cases after that date is so discouraging. It should all be done on date received. That is how any processing job I ever worked at does things. 

I posted about this a month ago in the January thread and here I am still waiting and seeing the same.

The way the government handles this is unethical IMO. If the case is to be sitting for 5 months, why not reach out and set an expectation. We are all putting our lives on hold. Some have sold everything they own and quit jobs to migrate. 

I think the widely accepted assumption on this forum is that there are a bunch of workers who are given a "stack" of cases to work on. Why in the age of such awesome technology are we processing applications by papers in "stacks" in the first place?

What they COULD do, theoretically, is have one main center that processes incoming petitions. The receipt numbers would be entered (ordered by date received) into a master database that's shared across all service centers. All documents would be scanned electronically into a database and linked to each receipt number in the master database. Only valid petitions make it into the database. The people processing the incoming would immediately reject any petitions that had incorrect fees, etc. Nobody has a "stack" on their desk. Then, when any worker at any service center finished the petition they were working on, they would query this master database for the next petition in line. This way there never would be a situation where someone who got a receipt at the end of the month gets movement before someone at the start. There would still be situations where an RFE delays a person and causes someone who got a receipt at the end of the month to get APPROVED before someone at the start, but that's acceptable! haha. 

With this type of approach, there could be very precise statistics on where the processing is currently at and what the wait time should be. 

As long as people accept this level of incompetence and inefficiency and parrot the same old, "It's just the government, so what do you expect", this will keep happening. I expect the government to do their job in a timely manner accurately is what I expect. I have raised this on the phone to them 3 or 4 times and have gotten my congressman involved. If everyone did this, they would be forced to straighten up.

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

I posted about this a month ago in the January thread and here I am still waiting and seeing the same.

The way the government handles this is unethical IMO. If the case is to be sitting for 5 months, why not reach out and set an expectation. 

I think the widely accepted assumption on this forum is that there are a bunch of workers who are given a "stack" of cases to work on. Why in the age of such awesome technology are we processing applications by papers in "stacks" in the first place?

What they COULD do, theoretically, is have one main center that processes incoming petitions. The receipt numbers would be entered (ordered by date received) into a master database that's shared across all service centers. All documents would be scanned electronically into a database and linked to each receipt number in the master database. Only valid petitions make it into the database. The people processing the incoming would immediately reject any petitions that had incorrect fees, etc. Nobody has a "stack" on their desk. Then, when any worker at any service center finished the petition they were working on, they would query this master database for the next petition in line. This way there never would be a situation where someone who got a receipt at the end of the month gets movement before someone at the start. There would still be situations where an RFE delays a person and causes someone who got a receipt at the end of the month to get APPROVED before someone at the start, but that's acceptable! haha. 

Very well thought out and I couldn't agree more with you. People keep saying that things can't be electronic because of hackers and #######. BS!!! This is the US government. They have so many blocks in place and even if some highly intelligent person could get through the walls, do ya honestly think they would go after the USCIS. Files still have to be reviewed by the Embassy, and they are well known to deny applications that the USCIS has approved. The excuses people give to the why's make my mind spin. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.