dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, TokyoHNL said:

Just working on a timeline........  Please help me to understand the earliest date my family might be able to arrive.....

So Monday February 6th marks the end of 10 weeks (for scan date 11/28) and it seems some people are taking 12 weeks for CC.  I think that means I'll be done by Feb 20th......

Given an April appointment at the US embassy in Tokyo .... how many days does it typically take to get the Visa after the appointment? 

Then I can arrange flights... so it becomes +7 days to fly to Honolulu POE -   is that right?

So maybe late May?

Honestly as of now, no-one here can predict anything anymore. I would not make any travel arrangements until you have your actual visa in your hand. At this point no-one really understands the timeline anymore it is really out of anyones hands. I have read that ppl haven't been scheduled interviews for march yet. Ugh.  I tried understanding mine and making plans.. i stopped. All you can do is sit back and enjoy the ride in the longest rollercoaster on this planet. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Jorcruzina said:

So frustrating. They tell you you have to wait six weeks and then... after the six weeks are over, you have to wait another six weeks? That doesn't even make sense. I gave my senator a detailed description of everything as well as dates and times i called the NVC and their answers. Some VJ'lers did have success by having their senator step in. I mean.. nothing can go wrong, so might as well try it out. You do have a complete case now, right? 

Nope, I've been doing this since October 2nd, 2015.   USCIS took a long time, NVC is taking a long time.   Entered the NVC in June 2016.  Still there.  Some of its obviously due to my mistakes and some of it is them, they got confused over the Japanese police certificate, lost the photocopy of my wife's passport and the marriage certificate (and I know, because I translated it twice).

Its one of the primary reasons I'm so frustrated with this process because even THEIR mistakes take so long to correct.  I asked them on the phone back in October - this is your mistake, why do I have to wait 6 weeks again and the rep just said thats the process.

So until they CC comes I'm worried that they will lose something or think of something I didnt provide..... grrrr

TKYHNL

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Jorcruzina said:

Honestly as of now, no-one here can predict anything anymore. I would not make any travel arrangements until you have your actual visa in your hand. At this point no-one really understands the timeline anymore it is really out of anyones hands. I have read that ppl haven't been scheduled interviews for march yet. Ugh.  I tried understanding mine and making plans.. i stopped. All you can do is sit back and enjoy the ride in the longest rollercoaster on this planet. 

Yup, I agree.  I'm just trying to manage my family's expectations.  I'm planning on visiting Tokyo again this May and would love to bring them back to Hawaii with me..... 

I called about 4 days before my 6-week mark, and was told "You will get an answer by Friday".  I called that Friday, and was told "They are reviewing it, but we put a note saying they are over the allotted time".  Now I am on week 7 or 8, and looks like no information or estimate is in sight!  

I am glad I am not the only one in this boat, but I am also sad that we are all dealing with this!   Trying to stay out of the political aspect of this situation, but cheese and rice, the amount of hoops we all must jump through is just insane!  

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

Timeline
15 minutes ago, BethyWink said:

I called about 4 days before my 6-week mark, and was told "You will get an answer by Friday".  I called that Friday, and was told "They are reviewing it, but we put a note saying they are over the allotted time".  Now I am on week 7 or 8, and looks like no information or estimate is in sight!  

I am glad I am not the only one in this boat, but I am also sad that we are all dealing with this!   Trying to stay out of the political aspect of this situation, but cheese and rice, the amount of hoops we all must jump through is just insane!  

That false hope that they provide on the phone is likely making NVCs situation worse because it generates more phone calls and more frustration for us. 

Once im done and out of this loop I'm going to file formal complaints 

23 minutes ago, TokyoHNL said:

That false hope that they provide on the phone is likely making NVCs situation worse because it generates more phone calls and more frustration for us. 

Once im done and out of this loop I'm going to file formal complaints 

Completely agree. They seem annoyed we call, but then they tell us initially 6 weeks (website says 2-4) and then once the 6 weeks are up it comes as a shock that it can take another 6 weeks. They need to be more honest about current wait times.

Just logged in and seen those 3 wonderful N/A's!!!!!!!!!

Will call and confirm in the morning .

Don't know how I'm gonna sleep now, too excited :D

Good luck to all still waiting :wub:

2 minutes ago, aidensbubba said:

What was your scan date again? Are we the same? Nov 28? I can't recall.

Congrats!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, aidensbubba said:

Woo hoo!!!  Congrats!!

12/16/2015 Married

USCIS

06/15/2016 Priority mailed I-130

06/17/2016 Was delivered

06/22/2016 NOA1 via text and email

​06/27/2016 NOA1 Hardcopy received

08/11/2016 NOA2 Hardcopy (Approved!)

NVC

10/06/2016 Case received

10/19/2016 Case & Invoice number assigned

10/20/2016 Filled out DS-261

10/23/2016 Paid AOS fee

10/28/2016 IV Invoice

10/31/2016 Paid IV fee

11/10/2016 DS-260 Complete

11/16/2016 AOS & IV Packets sent

11/17/2016 NVC received AOS & IV packets

11/18/2016 Scan date

8 minutes ago, bcking said:

What was your scan date again? Are we the same? Nov 28? I can't recall.

Congrats!!!

Thank you!

Scan date is 11/22

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
25 minutes ago, aidensbubba said:

Congrats!  I hope you get a March interview too!

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
19 minutes ago, aidensbubba said:

Thank you!

Scan date is 11/22

Congrats!  It's refreshing to see someone with a scan date before mine... seeing many after 11/25 makes me feel like they skipped over mine or that I got the lazy reviewer... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
16 minutes ago, aidensbubba said:

Thank you!

Scan date is 11/22

Congratulations @aidensbubba!! @bcking hopefully up next, I have 11/28 scan date too. (Just came off the phone with NVC, nothing new :-(

/S

-- IR1 for Wife and Son

Nov 21, 2016 DS-260 filed
Nov 23, 2016 Mailed NVC Package
Nov 28, 2016 NVC received package
Jan 11, 2017 Flagged for Supervisor Review

Jan 18, 2017 "Sent to review team" (whatever that means:-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.