dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, aidensbubba said:

I spoke to a supervisor and she said it is in the review department to be checked, but didn't know when that will be, before that i spoke to a really nice rep and he said that it is in the review department being checked but couldn't say when it will be completed, so I am not sure whether it is being checked or not as I got 2 different replies. 

You are right that speaking with a supervisor didn't get me anywhere.  I hoped it would as i've seen people on here saying they got cc shortly after talking to the supervisor....  wishful thinking on my part i guess.

I think most of the time you get a random supervisor and they can't say much. They have no insight into the department. You can sometimes get the actual supervisor of the actual department your file is in, and sometimes that helps. I figured out the name of mine (Maybe same as yours since you are in UK? Her name is Marie), but she has never been available since the first time I spoke to her.

15 minutes ago, aidensbubba said:

I spoke to a supervisor and she said it is in the review department to be checked, but didn't know when that will be, before that i spoke to a really nice rep and he said that it is in the review department being checked but couldn't say when it will be completed, so I am not sure whether it is being checked or not as I got 2 different replies. 

You are right that speaking with a supervisor didn't get me anywhere.  I hoped it would as i've seen people on here saying they got cc shortly after talking to the supervisor....  wishful thinking on my part i guess.

Edited by Ak_Ben

2 minutes ago, bcking said:

I think most of the time you get a random supervisor and they can't say much. They have no insight into the department. You can sometimes get the actual supervisor of the actual department your file is in, and sometimes that helps. I figured out the name of mine (Maybe same as yours since you are in UK? Her name is Marie), but she has never been available since the first time I spoke to her.

I can't remember her name or the rep i spoke to either.  She didn't much seem like a supervisor as she just repeated what all the reps i've spoken with say.  

I get so nervous for some reason when I call nvc.  i know what I am going to say before i speak to them but as soon as they get on the line my mind goes a bit blank and then after I put the phone down I'm like why didn't i mention this or that, or ask more questions. :wacko:

It's been a really stressful process for us. Our priority date is July 2016, NVC received our case in August 11, 2016, Unfortunately we had an RFE after first 7 weeks of review wait, we provided document a week later, after another extra 11 weeks of waiting to review the additional document, case completed on the 10th of January but got moved from Montreal to Lagos cos document was unsatisfactory. Completed on the 10th of January and still waiting for an interview date. Did anyone get scheduled for interview recently? it has been a very very tiring process, frustration is an understatement. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Just signed the inquiry form from our congressman... let's see where this gets us with our case. I am so tired of their excuses and un -transparent ways of working. How can some people have complete cases with dec scan dates but yet people on here with november scan dates are still waiting?? I know each case is different but if you take them by their word 'cases get handled in the order they receive-  that is a untrue statement. 

Shaking this baby in New Hampshire up a little with some politics. 

I bet they don't like senators and congressman getting all up in their business..

Let's see where this gets us

first scan oct 19th

checklist dec 6th

second scan dec 13th

'supervisor review' jan 27th 

4 minutes ago, Jorcruzina said:

Just signed the inquiry form from our congressman... let's see where this gets us with our case. I am so tired of their excuses and un -transparent ways of working. How can some people have complete cases with dec scan dates but yet people on here with november scan dates are still waiting?? I know each case is different but if you take them by their word 'cases get handled in the order they receive-  that is a untrue statement. 

Shaking this baby in New Hampshire up a little with some politics. 

I bet they don't like senators and congressman getting all up in their business..

Let's see where this gets us

first scan oct 19th

checklist dec 6th

second scan dec 13th

'supervisor review' jan 27th 

What was your checklist for?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
15 hours ago, JFH said:

Now that I am done with the process and have safely arrived in the USA, my husband and I are really wanting to make some noise about the delays. We didn't want to do that while we were still stuck at NVC in case it jeopardized our case. My green card still hasn't arrived - paid on December 13. Entered the USA on December 19. I can't imagine it takes more than 20 minutes to make a plastic card.  My USCIS status is still "payment received". I can assure you that if I took payment from one of my customers and 7.5 weeks later still hadn't done anything with their order that takes 20 minutes to complete I'd probably not have a job to go to tomorrow. 

JFH, I have had the very same thoughts.... There is something seriously wrong with the process.  I plan to look at legal options once I get through this hell.  Count me in as a class suit participant..

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

2 minutes ago, Jorcruzina said:

@bcking

our lawyer forgot to add my police clearance certificate to the NVC package. I have no entries. 

When the problem lies with "our side" (Lawyer, petitioner, beneficiary) they typically don't make exceptions for checklists no matter how minor it is (unless it can be brought to embassy). So unfortunately you are probably stuck waiting the normal wait from your second scan date (up to 12 weeks).

The difference between the birth certificate they have for my wife and the one we sent on our checklist consisted of her parents names and occupations. That's it. They are both retired so their occupations aren't even applicable.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, bcking said:

When the problem lies with "our side" (Lawyer, petitioner, beneficiary) they typically don't make exceptions for checklists no matter how minor it is (unless it can be brought to embassy). So unfortunately you are probably stuck waiting the normal wait from your second scan date (up to 12 weeks).

The difference between the birth certificate they have for my wife and the one we sent on our checklist consisted of her parents names and occupations. That's it. They are both retired so their occupations aren't even applicable.

That might be the case but i am not willing to wait up to 12 weeks so i am going to do everything in my power to not have to wait 12 weeks which was now getting our congressman involved. 

There are people on here which had second scan dates in december. Late december and are done. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Jorcruzina said:

That might be the case but i am not willing to wait up to 12 weeks so i am going to do everything in my power to not have to wait 12 weeks which was now getting our congressman involved. 

There are people on here which had second scan dates in december. Late december and are done. 

Good luck.  I've contacted my Senator as well in the last few weeks.  Do note that the Senators are not able to effect the process either.   I posted the note in the January thread that  I received from the staff for my Hawaii Senator in Washington and they got no better response than I could get on my own.

The NVC even told the Senator's staff in late January that my scan date was 11/28 and that these things take 6 weeks.   I wrote back to the staff member and said "ITS WAY BEYOND 6 weeks - can you check again for me".

NVC really needs to remove this 6 week nonsense from all their responses. OR THEY HAVE TO FINISH IN 6 WEEKS!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Just working on a timeline........  Please help me to understand the earliest date my family might be able to arrive.....

So Monday February 6th marks the end of 10 weeks (for scan date 11/28) and it seems some people are taking 12 weeks for CC.  I think that means I'll be done by Feb 20th......

Given an April appointment at the US embassy in Tokyo .... how many days does it typically take to get the Visa after the appointment? 

Then I can arrange flights... so it becomes +7 days to fly to Honolulu POE -   is that right?

So maybe late May?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, TokyoHNL said:

Good luck.  I've contacted my Senator as well in the last few weeks.  Do note that the Senators are not able to effect the process either.   I posted the note in the January thread that  I received from the staff for my Hawaii Senator in Washington and they got no better response than I could get on my own.

The NVC even told the Senator's staff in late January that my scan date was 11/28 and that these things take 6 weeks.   I wrote back to the staff member and said "ITS WAY BEYOND 6 weeks - can you check again for me".

NVC really needs to remove this 6 week nonsense from all their responses. OR THEY HAVE TO FINISH IN 6 WEEKS!!!!

So frustrating. They tell you you have to wait six weeks and then... after the six weeks are over, you have to wait another six weeks? That doesn't even make sense. I gave my senator a detailed description of everything as well as dates and times i called the NVC and their answers. Some VJ'lers did have success by having their senator step in. I mean.. nothing can go wrong, so might as well try it out. You do have a complete case now, right? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 minute ago, TokyoHNL said:

Just working on a timeline........  Please help me to understand the earliest date my family might be able to arrive.....

So Monday February 6th marks the end of 10 weeks (for scan date 11/28) and it seems some people are taking 12 weeks for CC.  I think that means I'll be done by Feb 20th......

Given an April appointment at the US embassy in Tokyo .... how many days does it typically take to get the Visa after the appointment? 

Then I can arrange flights... so it becomes +7 days to fly to Honolulu POE -   is that right?

So maybe late May?

The part after the interview depends all on the embassy itself, so while I can't give you an estimate for Tokyo, the 3 people I know that got their visas in Bucharest received their passports with visa 2-3 days later.  I plan on buying the plane ticket 1 week after the interview date, with the travel insurance in case I need to change it...

I can't wait until I get to the buying the plane ticket... We've been talking about - since we started this in january 2016, how, she'll get here in spring 2016 and I can wait for her with my RV on the east coast and tour the US... then spring became summer, then fall, then winter... now back to spring.  And we're at the point of looking at plane tickets that are shortest most direct flight duration to Phoenix... 

4 hours ago, SMAlexander said:

This is so disturbing :(... God help us all

3 hours ago, Nauman sh said:

There is no change or no consideration for any change or restriction on visa policy for Pakistan. All such rumors are circulated for making new US govt controversial.

Statement Issued by US Consulate - Pakistan on 02-02-2017

I have not seen any official information on other countries that may/may not be banned in the near future. Majority of the information that has been given is coming from multiple immigration lawyers in the US.

For myself I am trying not to panic and get upset over it, as it's not entirely clear whether this is going to happen or not. I will say that it is causing a lot of stress on people who believe the new 'draft' list mentioned may come to pass. A women who I spoke to last night said her immigration lawyer called her while visiting her husband in Egypt and advised her to leave Egypt asap and return back to the US because of this new draft list. I find it strange, but then again who knows. :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.