ChanelCoco

Lied on visa application

30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Seriously l? We dont know both sides to the story...these he said she said...we dont know how the person came here. What he is doing now with his lide or anything.

No, uscis has enough things to worry about then someone lying about being a past user...if that is even true. 

6 hours ago, ChanelCoco said:

I have a question. If someone tip the embassy or US immigration about lying on a Visa application, what can happen?

The false statements: Drug addiction (currently using methadone every day because of previous being a heroin junkie)

Arrest in youth

Medicines: totally dependent on taking Methadone every day

The person is in USA, been there for a year and a half. All these statements the person has written no, deliberately lying on the application.

Thanks

I think they usually give a ban, possibly a lifetime one for that. They would need concrete evidence and if no crime (other than the misrepresentation) is going on know, they would probably be ignored. Those using drugs illegally (you said every day?) should be reported to the police.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, ChanelCoco said:

I have a question. If someone tip the embassy or US immigration about lying on a Visa application, what can happen?

The false statements: Drug addiction (currently using methadone every day because of previous being a heroin junkie)

Arrest in youth

Medicines: totally dependent on taking Methadone every day

The person is in USA, been there for a year and a half. All these statements the person has written no, deliberately lying on the application.

Thanks

i would worry about your own case!

we dont know much about this person.. what arrest???

maybe methodone is perscription.. im told firemen and people can use it now.. maybe its legal to have. 

we dont know the side to there story

also, USCIS has better things to worry about.  

Email ICE and also send a letter to the embassy where he got his (immigrant?) visa. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 hours ago, Jawaree said:

The forum is not to harm others when we dont know both sides of a story, ppl do &

say things to mess up others based on jealousy & hate...why not pray for the user.

ppl here will not partake in evil without proof....shame on that type of thinking, how do we

know whats said here is factual.

Its not jealously. This is straight lying. It is factual what he has done. So many people knows in his country, its no secret at all.

Timeline
4 hours ago, SparklePony said:

Wouldn't the arrest in his youth show up on the police report? Or maybe not all visas require one?

The country he is from has very strict  laws in how they share information about its citizen. To find about the arrest and the drugs they would have to file a special request.

Timeline
4 hours ago, caliliving said:

Seriously l? We dont know both sides to the story...these he said she said...we dont know how the person came here. What he is doing now with his lide or anything.

No, uscis has enough things to worry about then someone lying about being a past user...if that is even true. 

Its 100% true. He still got scars on his arms from the needles. He was proud of lying on his visa application,  know him well. His family knows, friends, everybody. That he get the drug from the doc is an evidence and reason that he is an addict and been using opiates. He is laughing about the people being honest saying they tried marijuana in the past.

Timeline
5 hours ago, USAMorocco said:

If he knows how to make big money and live the high life let me know. Your tip won't be taken seriously. ICE has more to worry about than someone lying on an application. It happens every day. Your post sounds very sour...I am going to assume this person did something that to you that didn't live up to your standards. 

Live up to my standards? It has nothing to do with that. To tell the story would be a very personal one, but I think you would have been thinking like me.

Timeline
5 hours ago, NigeriaorBust said:

If the OP is certain of what they say  they should provide the information to the authorities.  They didn't come here mentioning any names but came asking the process to remove an undesirable element  If I had a house of prostitution  or drug sales next to me I would help bring it to the attention of authorities to make the place nicer to live  There is no reason to turn ones head to evil.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, ChanelCoco said:

Its not jealously. This is straight lying. It is factual what he has done. So many people knows in his country, its no secret at all.

Two options to report:

https://www.ice.gov/webform/hsi-tip-form

https://tips.fbi.gov

Timeline
3 hours ago, Patient said:

Thanks!!

FBI! wow!

I was wondering contacting his health insurance company too. Im 100% sure that he hasn't told his health insurance about his "medicine" use and past as a heavy drug abuser. He is using a doctor to get the methadone and he has not gotten this covered by the health insurance as he is afraid of getting caught.

He is loosing all of his teeth because of this methadone use so he has used the health insurance for that. He also hasn't told the dentist why he is loosing his teeth. Sneaky lying as usual. Making other people pay for his lies.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

He does not have to disclose anything to his insurance company if he does not want to. Insurance companies can (for now) not deny coverage due to any pre-existing condition anyway. Anyone is free to pay cash for any medical service at any time. In many states, methadone is dispensed by state-run clinics for free to opioid users. There's nothing illegal about it. 

I'm sure his dentist could provide better care if he knew the full story, and it would be important for him to know this person is on methadone in terms of pain management - and he might very well, especially if this person has track marks on his arms - but again, it's not illegal for him to use dental insurance to pay for dental care regardless of the cause. 

I think you'll be a much happier person if you lose your vindictive streak. What he has done is not hurting you. Obsessing over him "getting away" with his lies only hurts you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
13 hours ago, Jawaree said:

The forum is not to harm others when we dont know both sides of a story, ppl do &

say things to mess up others based on jealousy & hate...why not pray for the user.

ppl here will not partake in evil without proof....shame on that type of thinking, how do we

know whats said here is factual.

You are absolutely correct! I have seen a case that a woman's visa was denied because someone who didn't like her came to this forum and spewed lies, got advise to contact embassy with lies and misrepresentations and the embassy believed it!

As you said we don't know the other side of the story.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, ChanelCoco said:

Thanks!!

FBI! wow!

I was wondering contacting his health insurance company too. Im 100% sure that he hasn't told his health insurance about his "medicine" use and past as a heavy drug abuser. He is using a doctor to get the methadone and he has not gotten this covered by the health insurance as he is afraid of getting caught.

He is loosing all of his teeth because of this methadone use so he has used the health insurance for that. He also hasn't told the dentist why he is loosing his teeth. Sneaky lying as usual. Making other people pay for his lies.

How this person affects your life? Why do you care?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP has received all the advice that members here can reasonably offer.  As such, this thread is now locked to further comment.  Do not restart this thread or carry it into other threads.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.