anxious143

Same-sex ,age difference and no family support (k-1 visa)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi good day everyone, Im 21 and my fiance is 47 we have been dating each other 4years now, both our family dont know that were gay. We decided to get married last year ,no one propose does it matter? we just love and want to be together. He visited me 3 times here in the Philippines. I think were good because we have the documents that they need . Im doing my medical exam next week and then set an appointment for my interview. 

Question; does age matter and reason to be deny on the interview?

does using interpreter matter? (im not confident in my english ,but i think i can speak and answer them tho)

Edited by anxious143
i hit enter accidentally

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Age may play some factor, but you have multiple visits, and I am assuming many forms of documentation to show the validity of the relationship.  I cannot speak for the consulate in the Philippines, but usually most consulates will allow the K1 interview to be conducted in the native language.  I know when my fiancé was interviewed in Moscow, she could have done it in Russian (the IO asked her at the beginning), but she chose English.  You may ask that question in the Philippine regional forum.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

No age will not matter unless there are red flags. I know of a 24 year old with a 81 year old USC. Since its not children you are having, it doesnt matter much. What does matter is the number of times you have seen each other, the documents you front load, pictures, letters from friends both in the US and Philippines, etc, hotel/stay receipts, chat logs (don't go overboard on this but if the chats just focus on coming to the USA, then that is a red flag), Pictures with you and your fiance(e) should include different days, different locations, style of clothes different. However, you are 21 now? That means you started dating at 17? Hmmmm, ok. What is the legal age in the Phlippines? THAT could be a problem.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Philippines, age difference is very normal. (we are only 4 years apart but there have been some massive age gaps of 25+ years here on VJ)

My partner has had no family suport (they did not even know he was doing a K1)

And we are same sex couple...

No issues.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Wow .. I just found out I have a massive age gap ;) 27 years .. lol ... Philippines it's no problem in age gap, orientation or language of interview as a prior individual wrote it depends on your ability to prove a bonafide relationship, best of luck!

2 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

Wow .. I just found out I have a massive age gap ;) 27 years .. lol ... Philippines it's no problem in age gap, orientation or language of interview as a prior individual wrote it depends on your ability to prove a bonafide relationship, best of luck!

Wow, my age gap must be double massive then at 36 years!  I attended the interview in Manila with my wife.  I am convinced that my being at the interview played a significant role in our approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is a saying on VJ, Age is just a number.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

13 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

Philippines, age difference is very normal. (we are only 4 years apart but there have been some massive age gaps of 25+ years here on VJ)

My partner has had no family suport (they did not even know he was doing a K1)

And we are same sex couple...

No issues.

+1

this is true.. but i think the 3 previous posters with age gaps were the filipines.. it is very normal there to have an age gap so you are fine.. it is also a very low fraud country so that is fine.  culturally, you are ok so i dont see it being a problem!

1 hour ago, caliliving said:

this is true.. but i think the 3 previous posters with age gaps were the filipines.. it is very normal there to have an age gap so you are fine.. it is also a very low fraud country so that is fine.  culturally, you are ok so i dont see it being a problem!

Yes, Philippines embassy is very understanding of age gaps. Other consulates might look at the case with more scrutiny, but Philippines embassy probably won't really care IMHO. It's all about the local culture.

However, Philippines is generally considered a somewhat-high fraud country. It's nowhere near the same level as, say, Ghana and Nigeria, but there are a lot of attempted fraud cases. The embassy seems pretty decent at weeding them out without looking too negatively upon legitimate couples.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

HI, 

We are a same-sex couple with 9 years difference and we've been together in less than a year. Just be thorough in your application you guys are going to be fine :) 

Kuting

10/27/16 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
11/01/16 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX
10/31/16 - NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/04/16 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
01/13/17- NOA2 Text and Email  **wohhoooo 76 days**
01/20/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/27/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
02/07/17 - Medical ( Passed!!!!)
02/23/17 - Interview (APPPRRROOOOVVEEDDDDD)
02/24/17 - Visa Issued

02/28/2017 - Visa in Hand =)

04/03/2017 - Pick up our doggy passport for our fur child
04/06/2017 - Arrived in USA!!!

04/24/2017 - Applied for SSN

04/28/2017 - SSN arrived, got a state ID card and opened bank account

06/05/2017 - Passed the DMV test! Yey I can drive. 

06/09/2017- Our Wedding 

06/30/2017 - Submitted our AOS packet 

07/05/2017- Check got encashed and notification that they received our packet 

07/11/2017 - received a text and email for NOA1 

07/17/2017 - hard copy of NOA 1 received in the mail for (EAD, AP and AOS)

08/04/2017 - biometrics scheduled 

08/14/2017 - received update that they are ready to schedule the interview 

13 hours ago, David & Zoila said:

Wow, my age gap must be double massive then at 36 years!  I attended the interview in Manila with my wife.  I am convinced that my being at the interview played a significant role in our approval.

more power to you!

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jing&Kuting said:

HI, 

We are a same-sex couple with 9 years difference and we've been together in less than a year. Just be thorough in your application you guys are going to be fine :) 

Kuting

thank you for giving me confidence that we can do it :)  

~and to all replied to my post thank you so much and GOD BLESS YOU ALL  :*

Timeline
On 1/19/2017 at 7:49 PM, NYCruiser said:

No age will not matter unless there are red flags. I know of a 24 year old with a 81 year old USC. Since its not children you are having, it doesnt matter much. What does matter is the number of times you have seen each other, the documents you front load, pictures, letters from friends both in the US and Philippines, etc, hotel/stay receipts, chat logs (don't go overboard on this but if the chats just focus on coming to the USA, then that is a red flag), Pictures with you and your fiance(e) should include different days, different locations, style of clothes different. However, you are 21 now? That means you started dating at 17? Hmmmm, ok. What is the legal age in the Phlippines? THAT could be a problem.

i mean i know him not "dating" sorry , I am 18 when were officially couple and 2years after chatting with him my fiance decided to visit me :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.