arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, manseca said:

How many January Nebraska filers are still left? We're the 25th January. We have been married since 2012 and our daughter is an American citizen. My wife is from Ireland. It's a fecking joke that these Nebraska feckers can't get off their good-for-nothing asses and just process straight-forward that I could pay a drunk monkey to do. It's altering life and career plans as I have to now turn down a research offer in January in fear that the delay might continue. I applied a year in advance for this research position thinking that was plenty of time and yet here we are, our lives being dictated by Nebraska, where dreams go to die. Beyond frustrated - it's insanely unfair.

Trust me I’ve been stuck in Nebraska since. Nov 2016 and still waiting and yes it’s beyond frustrating. I requested expedite due to reasons that are justified and still not a word. It’s really beyond any hurtful exhausting experience I’ve ever encountered. Simply makes no sense because other service centers are having people approved in abt 6 months and I’m still at 1 yr and nothing.. 😥😥

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Toronto2017 said:

We are in the same boat.  We are married for almost 12 years with 2 American citizen kids. We are not able to plan for anything because you never know when Nebraska is going to put their act together and approve the damn application. It's so frustrating.

We are in the same boat too manseca and Toronto2017. My spouse and I have been married for almost 10 years, together for 12 years and our son is considered a USC but has to claim it through IR2. It has been 274 days from when they received our applications.

I find this process incredibly insulting to the people who have been together for many years. But yet if you are just boyfriend/girlfriend you can enter the US and adjust status never spending a day apart. It's like the longer you have been married the worse you are treated by immigration.

I am still scratching my head over how my son's petition was approved on Oct 21 and I am still waiting. Mine was sent in the exact same package at the exact same time. I guess they cherry pick the applications they decide to work on.

My spouse called for the 5th time to USCIS this morning after he spent all yesterday trying to get a hold of Tier 2. Imagine calling USCIS and being told Tier 2 is shut down for the rest of the night!!! How much do you want to bet the reason they had to shut down is because applicants in Nebraska keep calling them.

2 hours ago, manseca said:

So, as an American citizen with an American daughter, I'm not meant to make plans in my home country, because my wife of 5 years is from another country; yet we have store-bought spouses left and right in certain countries where old fecks are cherry-picking partners? If we would concentrate resources on actually taking care of the real family members of actual American citizens, the process wouldn't be so bogged down.

Sure! I agree with you, if both of you are in Ireland, you can do Direct Consular Filing. Unfortunately, Nebraska is very slow. Nobody can do nothing about it. If you believe your petition is taking too long you can call USCIS and verify with them if your I-130 is OK.

Timeline
56 minutes ago, acidrain said:

We are in the same boat too manseca and Toronto2017. My spouse and I have been married for almost 10 years, together for 12 years and our son is considered a USC but has to claim it through IR2. It has been 274 days from when they received our applications.

I find this process incredibly insulting to the people who have been together for many years. But yet if you are just boyfriend/girlfriend you can enter the US and adjust status never spending a day apart. It's like the longer you have been married the worse you are treated by immigration.

I am still scratching my head over how my son's petition was approved on Oct 21 and I am still waiting. Mine was sent in the exact same package at the exact same time. I guess they cherry pick the applications they decide to work on.

My spouse called for the 5th time to USCIS this morning after he spent all yesterday trying to get a hold of Tier 2. Imagine calling USCIS and being told Tier 2 is shut down for the rest of the night!!! How much do you want to bet the reason they had to shut down is because applicants in Nebraska keep calling them.

Hi acidrain.  I think your approval is in the mail since your son already got it. Maybe it's the snail mail.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Toronto2017 said:

Hi acidrain.  I think your approval is in the mail since your son already got it. Maybe it's the snail mail.

My spouse just heard back from Tier 2. It took about an hour for them to call back. If anyone else calls Tier 2 I would highly suggest to do so first thing in the morning.

Tier 2 said what happened to us happens all the time where either the parent or child gets approved first. My application is not approved as of today (Nov 7) but my son's was approved Oct 21. But the Tier 2 officer said she was going to put in a service request to Nebraska to link the two in hopes to get mine approved.

Tier 2 called a second time to follow up and said we could not use a Canadian post office box for a service request. So she got my spouse's address. It was a relief to get someone who knew what we were talking about. To have two separate applications from the same family going through the NVC process is going to complicate everything. I am glad the Tier 2 officer thought so too.

We are crossing our fingers something materializes from this call. When I emailed Nebraska directly the auto reply was such that you need a service request first before they will act on the email.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, acidrain said:

My spouse just heard back from Tier 2. It took about an hour for them to call back. If anyone else calls Tier 2 I would highly suggest to do so first thing in the morning.

Tier 2 said what happened to us happens all the time where either the parent or child gets approved first. My application is not approved as of today (Nov 7) but my son's was approved Oct 21. But the Tier 2 officer said she was going to put in a service request to Nebraska to link the two in hopes to get mine approved.

Tier 2 called a second time to follow up and said we could not use a Canadian post office box for a service request. So she got my spouse's address. It was a relief to get someone who knew what we were talking about. To have two separate applications from the same family going through the NVC process is going to complicate everything. I am glad the Tier 2 officer thought so too.

We are crossing our fingers something materializes from this call. When I emailed Nebraska directly the auto reply was such that you need a service request first before they will act on the email.

This is good news despite the long wait.  At least you know they are going to do something about your case.  Hope you will hear something soon. Hang in there!

Timeline
Just now, Toronto2017 said:

This is good news despite the long wait.  At least you know they are going to do something about your case.  Hope you will hear something soon. Hang in there!

Thanks! I really hope something is done about your case too and everyone else who has been waiting far too long in Nebraska. The insanity of this situation continues.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
12 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Thanks! I really hope something is done about your case too and everyone else who has been waiting far too long in Nebraska. The insanity of this situation continues.

Yes this process will truly make you go insane or real close to it😝

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just got the best news ever. My case has been approved:jest:. Best birthday and anniversary gift:D

20171107_192908.png

Edited by Longingfor

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

Timeline

A whole hearted congrats @Longingfor. I know how long you have been waiting. This whole situation has completely tested us as people, our relationships and our faith in the immigration system.

I just saw a Jamaica case with NOA1 date Jan 26 get approved along with 3 from the Dominican Republic with NOA1 date of Jan 17.

I am at a loss about the mickey mouse center. I cannot believe they have moved a whole 5 days in 1 month. It's just unbelievable. I still can't believe Tier 2 is starting to shut down half way through the day because they are overwhelmed. Whoever is running that joint needs to figure out what the hell is going on. All other service centers are well into April, May and even June.

Edited by acidrain

Timeline
31 minutes ago, acidrain said:

A whole hearted congrats @Longingfor. I know how long you have been waiting. This whole situation has completely tested us as people, our relationships and our faith in the immigration system.

I just saw a Jamaica case with NOA1 date Jan 26 get approved along with 3 from the Dominican Republic with NOA1 date of Jan 17.

I am at a loss about the mickey mouse center. I cannot believe they have moved a whole 5 days in 1 month. It's just unbelievable. I still can't believe Tier 2 is starting to shut down half way through the day because they are overwhelmed. Whoever is running that joint needs to figure out what the hell is going on. All other service centers are well into April, May and even June.

Thanks alot and that case from Jamaica is me:D. We have been tried and tested. I was defeated a few weeks ago but I bounce out of it and decides that I can do nothing but wait. And so I changed my way of thinking and just let it all go to God's  hands.  I gave up trying to figure out Nebraska a long time ago. I wish everyone else waiting that you all get good news soon.

Edited by Longingfor

Visa - CR1

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

No ROC interview

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Longingfor said:

Thanks alot and that case from Jamaica is me:D. We have been tried and tested. I was defeated a few weeks ago but I bounce out of it and decides that I can do nothing but wait. And so I changed my way of thinking and just let it all go to God's  hands.  I gave up trying to figure out Nebraska a long time ago. I wish everyone else waiting that you all get good news soon.

Congratulations. ...... 

• USCIS
  • 05/23/16      Married:                    
  • Chicago      Lock-box:                   
  • 09/16/16      Sent on ---               
  • 09/19/16      Received ---   
  • 09/20/16      NOA1 notice           
  • 09/26/16      NOA1 hardcopy 
  • Sent to :      Nebraska Service Center
  • Transferred to: Potomac Service Center  02/15/17
  • 07/20/17       NOA2  
  • 07/24/17       NOA2  hardcopy 
  • NVC
  • 07/27/17       Case sent to NVC
  • 07/31/17       Case received at NVC
  • 08/03/17       Received welcome e-mail with case and invoice number
  • 08/04/17       AOS invoiced 
  • 08/04/17       Completed DS-261
  • 08/04/17       AOS paid
  • 08/11/17       Name updated to married name
  • 08/11/17       iV Invoiced
  • 08/28/17       IV fes paid
  • 09/02/17      Completed DS-260 & Received confirmation from NVC
  • 09/18/17      Sent AOS and IV package
  • 09/22/17       NVC received package 
  • 11/07/17       Case Complete
  • 11/08/17       Checklist
  • 11/15/17       Case in queue for interview date
  • 11/29/17       Call and date was given for interview
  • 12/04/17       Received confirmation for medical appointment
  • KNG CONSULATE 
  • 12/11/17       Documents en-route to Kingston consulate
  • 12/12/17       Case status shows ready for interview
  • 01/02/18       Medical
  • 01/16/18       Interview APPROVED :jest: :D
  • 01/19/18      Visa package ready to be picked up at DHL   :rolleyes:
  • 02/02/18      P.O.E Fort Lauderdale
  • 02/02/18      Jacksonville Airport
  •  
  • 3 KIDS IMMIGRATION BEGINS
  • 05/0/18      Sent on ---               
  • 05/07/18    Received ---   
  • 05/11/18    NOA1 notice           
  • 05/18/18    NOA1 hardcopy 
  • Sent to :       POTOMAC
  • 10/30/18     RFE for my 6 yr old (request evidence for his 2 marriage certificates 😡, at what age he been married twice, my husband submitted his with application which is where uscis got mixed up)
  •  11/08/18    Evidence sent
  • 11/27/18     Status changed back to "Case was received"
  • 12/17/18     Requested expedite via phone (tier 1 said we can do this based on USCIS mistake an my sons illness)
  • 01/09/19    Approval
  • 01/14/19.   USCIS tier 1 told us the kids were approved an notice was mailed
  • 01/16/19.   Hard copy NOA2
  • 01/22/19.   Updated on website "sent to NVC"
  • 01/29/19.   NVC received kids case from USCIS
  • 03/12/19.   Received welcome letter with case and invoice number
  • 03/17/19.   Paid AOS
  • 03/18/19.   Paid IV Fees
  • 03/25/19.   Son (6) approved for expedite for medical reasons but not my other kids.
  • 03/26/19.    NVC said we should email NVC expedite an tell them we need all three done at the same time as it's a financial burden to make two trips to Jamaica for interview. Which we did now the wait begins. Son case already sent to Jamaica embassy 
  • 04/01/19.   Daughters approved for expedite and sent to Jamaica (embassy) 👌
  • 04/05/19.   Received interview date for May 10, 8am. Registered their interview and emailed Andrews Hospital to schedule their appointments.
  • 04/26/19.    Medical appointment date 8am.
  • 05/10/19.    Interview 8am approved.  🎉🎊..
  • 05/11/19.    Status changed to AP
  • 05/13/19.    Status changed to ISSUED
  • 05/15/19.    2 youngest kids passport picked up by their dad
  • 05/16/19.     Eldest child passport picked up by her dad
  • 07/19/19.     P.O.E Atlanta 

• ROC
  • Texas.        Lock-Box
  • 11/23/19.    Sent I-751 / biometric fee
  • 11/26/19.    Received 
  • Sent to       Texas Service Center (SRC) 
  • 12/03/19.    Received text
  • 12/07/19.    Received 18 months extension letter
  • 12/12/19.    Case updated to case transferred to another service center now I’m awaiting letter
  • 12//19.     Received notice of transfer
  • Transferred to  National Benefits Center 
  • 01/31/20.     Biometrics Jacksonville  (had to reschedule)
  • 02/19/20.      New biometrics date in Jacksonville 
  • 04/08/20       Status changed to Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
  • 03/22/21.     Status updated with interview date 4/20/21
  • 04/20/21.     I-751 interview at 7:45am Charleston SC Approved for 10yr GC.
  •  
  • N-400 Citizenship 
  • 03/12/21.     Applied online for citizenship wait period 6 months (September 2021) National Benefits Center 
  • 03/21/21.    Received letter of acceptance 
  • 10/28/21.     Case updated to interview scheduled
  • 10/29/21.      Status updated to case needs attention 
  • 10/29/21.      Interview at 1:15pn 12/01/21 Charleston SC
  • 11/01/21      interview descheduled
  • 11/02/21       interview rescheduled to 12/03/21 @8:45am Charleston
  • 12/03/21      I drove 3 hours for my interview only to be told my file wasn't there and I'd have to be rescheduled for another interview. they weren't sure if it would be possible before the holiday. He even said he wasn't sure why they didn't do both interviews that very day when i did removal of conditions interview.  
  • 01/07/22.     Interview rescheduled for 02/14/22 @1:30pm Charleston SC.
  • 02/14/22.      Passed my interview. Now await oath ceremony.
  • 11/02/22.      Letter mailed with oath ceremony date and time 
  • 11/08/22.      Received letter oath ceremony scheduled for 11/15/22 @9am Charleston 
  • 11/15/22.      Oath Ceremony in Charleston (finally a citizen of the USA 🇺🇸) 🥳🍾

Timeline
16 minutes ago, applerose said:

Congratulations. ...... 

Thank you.

Visa - CR1

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

No ROC interview

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.