arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, SGM1928 said:

@Dianalorena I feel u, i had tears in my eyes reading tht.....I feel the same way 8 months into marriage and we have hardly been together for a month....when i listen to my friends talking about how they spend the festivals or celebrations/bdays i am like lucky people..... it was my husbands bday in june i all i could do was send him flowers and gifts nothing else when we were suppose to be really celebrating his first bday after our marriage...i am sure we wont even be able to celebrate Christmas together....not even our anniversary....its heart breaking....he had visited me for a week this month, that is something that cooled me down...but the day he left it felt as if the entire happiness around me just vanished...those people at nebraska never understands the pain we go through or our feelings because they never went through it....only the people who experience this hardship understands that....i am sure if anyone of us here gets a job at any of these service centers will try their best to let the family be together soon coz we have gone through the pain of seperation.....

I am so sorry you're going through the same. The thought of probably not celebrating Christmas or your anniversary together is breaking my heart. I asked my husband to please try to visit me for our first anniversary in January, even if it that meant not seeing each other for almost 4 months in between. He doesn't know if he will be able to, yet. I'm seeing him at the beginning of November and the horrible part is, even though I'm looking forward to seeing him, the moment when he leaves is like going through a bad break up all over again, just like you said, the happiness disappears and you're devastated for days or weeks. 

Hearing people complain about their partners bothers me more than the celebrations, I want to grab them by the shoulders and scream ''At least you are together! enjoy it! appreciate one another! or also when they ask about the process and are shocked that we're not automatically together because we're married. I was so fed up with it that I had to update my Facebook saying that no, in almost 8 months nothing has happened yet. That is not how the US immigration works for us. I  know it is not their fault and they're just trying to be nice, but this process has me on edge. 

The truth as it has been stated on this forums multiple times is, they just don't care. They're not the ones separated from their loved ones. I'm curious, I'm sure some people that went through this must work at USCIS, simple statistics and they would be an asset since they sort of know the process at least from the outside. Since every agent works at a different pace, I want to believe some are approving cases as fast as they can so families can be reunited sooner. This also means a lot of them are not in any rush to speed up.

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, EDurevic said:

I guess we are, mine is march 9th. Maybe even when we are at the 10th month they will say the same. God customer service is horrible so is Nebraska 

You are so right. I wish I can just put my mind, heart and my soul off this whole uscis process thing, may be I might have a much better sleep. I was only with my husband 9 days after we got married before he went back to the state. It been over a year now since we got married and over a year since I last saw him. It hurt me so much. We couldn't be together on our first wedding anniversary, he miss out on my birthday too, cos I got married to my husband on my birthday, it practically 2 celebrations for us. I miss him so much. all thanks to video calls though.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mrs Prestige said:

You are so right. I wish I can just put my mind, heart and my soul off this whole uscis process thing, may be I might have a much better sleep. I was only with my husband 9 days after we got married before he went back to the state. It been over a year now since we got married and over a year since I last saw him. It hurt me so much. We couldn't be together on our first wedding anniversary, he miss out on my birthday too, cos I got married to my husband on my birthday, it practically 2 celebrations for us. I miss him so much. all thanks to video calls though.

Mrs Prestige, 

Yes this process is very painful and it's sad that married couples are seperated beyond what they should be not to mention all the stress and heartache we suffer from. My husband is in Ghana and I'm in the US and it's very difficult on both sides as the one who is waiting suffers and the one who filed suffers, so equally it's very difficult...

I see your filing was submitted 2017 so can you imagine how my husband & I feel since waiting to hear something since Nov 2016. Many filers from Nov 2016 haven't even been looked at and why Nebraska is slower then other service centers is beyond me, but people like me are tired of all the inconsistent replys received when calling them, so this is why I have taken it upon myself to reach out to as many organizations as possible to have someone take action to get this miserable process improved....

Soon my voice will be heard and I speak on behalf of each and everyone of us.

Timeline
11 hours ago, acidrain said:

@Dianalorena

Something has gone horribly wrong with the NSC because the situation is unheard of. It's rare for USCIS to have absolutely no communication when things are this bad. It makes me speculate they don't have a solution. I can't recall where I saw the numbers but Nebraska gets the bulk share of the i130 applications. From what I know Potomac is a very small and new processing center. Even if they transfer some cases I don't even know if it's going to solve the problem. It would obviously be a start.

At some point something has to give right? I picture the situation getting to the point where all of Nebraska's resources are going to be responding to phone calls and inquiries over why all of their applications are taking so long. For a long time I thought I shouldn't add fuel to the fire. I'm at the point now where I'm not going to stay silent anymore. I'm surprised nobody has gone to the media yet but agree with what you said before that people are scared to speak out.

I am so sorry to hear everything you've gone through. I can't imagine being in a fairly new marriage and having to go through all this. My spouse and I started out in separate cities. So that aspect isn't totally foreign to us. It's tough on our 4 year old son who is so confused over what is going on. Hang in there and have faith that somehow we will get through this. I guarantee you our NOA2's are going to mean ten times more than people from other processing centers. I genuinely feel excited for anyone who gets an approval from the NSC.

The system is so flawed. I get the same judgement by people who scratch their heads over the process. While no policies changed a lot of attitudes have at the border. It's crazy people who are just dating get more rights to enter the US than people who are married. I did say this in my letter to USCIS and how backwards it is that people with strong ties (marriage, children) have to wait over a year to live with their spouse. That tv show 90 day fiance just pours gasoline on already burning fire.

acidrain,

In a earlier message I seen you mention you were surprised that no one has gone to the media with our complaints of this terrible uscis unfairness of processing at Nebraska Service Center but I have already thought of doing just that...

You and I live only Approx. 8 hrs apart, so if I can draw the medias attention to take this issue on the air, would you be willing to come to Sacramento and join me on the air????

1 hour ago, EDurevic said:

How is this possible??? Basically 200 something numbers after my application number. 3 applications were approved that day. Only one month after submitting. 😡😡😡😡

DA3ED27B-2DFE-416A-9FC4-0625EF1677DE.jpeg

connections? expedites? DCF? My money is on ''connections'' but who knows. 

No one wants to think of this process as corrupted, but unfortunately in politics/government ''who you know'' determines your fate in many occasions. 

It's infuriating to think that some people can be approved in 1 month, others in a YEAR. Nothing about this process makes any friggin sense. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Mrs Prestige, 

Yes this process is very painful and it's sad that married couples are seperated beyond what they should be not to mention all the stress and heartache we suffer from. My husband is in Ghana and I'm in the US and it's very difficult on both sides as the one who is waiting suffers and the one who filed suffers, so equally it's very difficult...

I see your filing was submitted 2017 so can you imagine how my husband & I feel since waiting to hear something since Nov 2016. Many filers from Nov 2016 haven't even been looked at and why Nebraska is slower then other service centers is beyond me, but people like me are tired of all the inconsistent replys received when calling them, so this is why I have taken it upon myself to reach out to as many organizations as possible to have someone take action to get this miserable process improved....

Soon my voice will be heard and I speak on behalf of each and everyone of us.

Am really sorry to hear that u have been waiting since Nov. I can imagine how hard that has been for you and ur husband. I just pray u get approve soon. I don't mind if I have to wait 10 months or more as long they approve Nov, December, Jan and Feb.

Hear me out guys, I think we should definitely try to do something about it.

I'm currently writing an article to publish, don't know where, but I want to speak about what's going on in Nebraska and this side of immigration that no one talks about. All the efforts are focused on ''omg illegal immigrants'' but what about us following the legal paths? No mention, no discussion, no one is openly complaining, nothing online. If someone wants to be interviewed let me know, it would be online-sent by e-mail and I'd love to hear your side of things.

I might do a thread about this to see who else would like to be interviewed, only if it doesn't break the terms of conditions/forum rules of course.  

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

2 hours ago, EDurevic said:

I already have seen 2 cases from March 9th,2017 that have been approved on Aug 3rd by Expediting in Nebraska. How do you expedite? 

Expedites supposedly are very hard to get. You have to prove extreme hardship of some sort: financial, emotional, physical (illness) there is nothing too specific online. Even though my husband and I are under emotional hardship and many under financial hardship, we didn't try because people with friggin' Cancer are trying to expedite and it is still taking them 4-5 months. Other couples like @acidrain have small children that have to be separated from one parent at a time. Other couples haven't seen each other for a year or more. You all deserve to be expedited, and this is absolutely ridiculous. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

1 hour ago, EDurevic said:

How is this possible??? Basically 200 something numbers after my application number. 3 applications were approved that day. Only one month after submitting. 😡😡😡😡

DA3ED27B-2DFE-416A-9FC4-0625EF1677DE.jpeg

This is unbelievable!!! Here we're all waiting for 8-9 months and some of us almost 10 months...how can they approve an application just after one month. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Mrs Prestige said:

Am really sorry to hear that u have been waiting since Nov. I can imagine how hard that has been for you and ur husband. I just pray u get approve soon. I don't mind if I have to wait 10 months or more as long they approve Nov, December, Jan and Feb.

Thank you for your kind words. I pray to see improvements made to this system as God knows it's lacking professionalism in many areas, let alone the length of time it takes. Sorry you haven't seen your husband for such a long time as I know it hurts and missing our wedding anniversary with our spouses really hurts down deep to the inner core of ones soul.. 

I pray for improvements to be made though our already stressful journey. 

May God show me the way and give me the strength to have my voice heard even more then I'm doing now so changes will be made to this broken down system so our loved ones can unite with us sooner verses later...

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Dianalorena said:

Hear me out guys, I think we should definitely try to do something about it.

I'm currently writing an article to publish, don't know where, but I want to speak about what's going on in Nebraska and this side of immigration that no one talks about. All the efforts are focused on ''omg illegal immigrants'' but what about us following the legal paths? No mention, no discussion, no one is openly complaining, nothing online. If someone wants to be interviewed let me know, it would be online-sent by e-mail and I'd love to hear your side of things.

I might do a thread about this to see who else would like to be interviewed, only if it doesn't break the terms of conditions/forum rules of course.  

You know I'm in. I also sent acidrain a message abt going live on the air with me here in Sacramento, California if I can get the medias attention of this much needed processing issue... How bad Nebraska is..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Sundee said:

In a earlier message I seen you mention you were surprised that no one has gone to the media with our complaints of this terrible uscis unfairness of processing at Nebraska Service Center but I have already thought of doing just that...

You and I live only Approx. 8 hrs apart, so if I can draw the medias attention to take this issue on the air, would you be willing to come to Sacramento and join me on the air????

Right now I'm located in Canada with the intent to move to Vegas. I have a trip planned next month but it's always a coin toss as to whether I will be able to get through the border. So far I have been able to cross twice without any problems. But it all comes down to who I get.

I honestly don't see any consequence to writing to the higher ups at USCIS. I had a crazy issue with the social security office in which they didn't want to give my spouse a number. I raised hell by contacting everyone I could think of. We went through the Senators office, they contacted their local Congressperson. Ultimately it was the contact through the US embassy in Canada who got me in touch with someone at their head office who then got in touch with one of her bosses that fixed the problem.

My only apprehension with going to the media is how the story is perceived. Will the media blame the Trump administration? Will the media blame USCIS? So far I have tried not to get political with this situation as it can have huge consequences. So far I have only written letters to the heads of USCIS asking for their help. I have asked the question who is responsible but I have not pointed any fingers.

My Xpresspost still hasn't gotten to Washington as I live on the opposite side of the continent and in Canada. It should get there within the next couple business days. I thought about giving them another week to respond. I'm not hopeful at all I will get a response but at least if the situation escalates I can say I gave this process a chance.

I am considering approaching the chairmen of both political parties for the US Senate Committee for Border Services and Immigration. I hesitate in doing so because I know my case could be used for political gain. While I believe in what I believe, it might be a dangerous game to play right now. I also want to see if Nebraska starts moving in the next week or two to calculate the risk in taking this approach.

What feedback did you get on your conference call if anything Sundee?

Edit to add: I just tracked my letter and it is currently held up in US customs right now lol. Isn't that ironic?

Edited by acidrain

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
15 hours ago, EDurevic said:

This wait reminds me of prisoners that are on  death row. They never know when they will be going, here we are just waiting. If atleast when they send us those NO1 gave us a deadline even if its 10 months from the first NO1 atleast we would know what to expect but no. Just sit there, go crazy and wait!!!!

What really irks me is that work visas get processed before us. For example, H1-B actually have a deadline when they must be processed by. How is a work visa more important than having a married couple together?

My PD is May, which for Nebraska is the same as just having submitted yesterday. I'm bringing my spouse here at the beginning of November for 16 days and we're going out to Vegas for 6 days. I just hope he doesn't encounter any issues at the Port of Entry in Fort Lauderdale. I am having him bring a copy of our NOA1 to prove we're doing things the right way.

This wait is just pure torment. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Right now I'm located in Canada with the intent to move to Vegas. I have a trip planned next month but it's always a coin toss as to whether I will be able to get through the border. So far I have been able to cross twice without any problems. But it all comes down to who I get.

I honestly don't see any consequence to writing to the higher ups at USCIS. I had a crazy issue with the social security office in which they didn't want to give my spouse a number. I raised hell by contacting everyone I could think of. We went through the Senators office, they contacted their local Congressperson. Ultimately it was the contact through the US embassy in Canada who got me in touch with someone at their head office who then got in touch with one of her bosses that fixed the problem.

My only apprehension with going to the media is how the story is perceived. Will the media blame the Trump administration? Will the media blame USCIS? So far I have tried not to get political with this situation as it can have huge consequences. So far I have only written letters to the heads of USCIS asking for their help. I have asked the question who is responsible but I have not pointed any fingers.

My Xpresspost still hasn't gotten to Washington as I live on the opposite side of the continent and in Canada. It should get there within the next couple business days. I thought about giving them another week to respond. I'm not hopeful at all I will get a response but at least if the situation escalates I can say I gave this process a chance.

I am considering approaching the chairmen of both political parties for the US Senate Committee for Border Services and Immigration. I hesitate in doing so because I know my case could be used for political gain. While I believe in what I believe, it might be a dangerous game to play right now. I also want to see if Nebraska starts moving in the next week or two to calculate the risk in taking this approach.

What feedback did you get on your conference call if anything Sundee?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.