Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,960 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JElaine91 said:

Any one try to schedule a visa interview online but see a message that there are no appointments available? Guess I will have to call them first thing in the morning. 

(We have submitted online application and paid the fee.)

From what I understand they open up appointments month by month. So June might be fully booked and July should open up soon.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
On 6/14/2017 at 10:06 PM, Scandi said:

From what I understand they open up appointments month by month. So June might be fully booked and July should open up soon.

Not necessarily by the month, but they open up blocks at the time.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Starting to feel really depressed about this whole process. Its been almost a year (354 days) since NOA1 and we're still in the NVC stage with no end in sight. Its just delays at every stage. Also my request for expedite at NVC stage was rejected by the USEM in Stockholm. I call the NVC daily and it doesn't seem to help anything. Is there anything I can do at this point? I just feel so helpless.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
38 minutes ago, swelove said:

Starting to feel really depressed about this whole process. Its been almost a year (354 days) since NOA1 and we're still in the NVC stage with no end in sight. Its just delays at every stage. Also my request for expedite at NVC stage was rejected by the USEM in Stockholm. I call the NVC daily and it doesn't seem to help anything. Is there anything I can do at this point? I just feel so helpless.

Probably depending on your reason for expedite.  Contact your senator?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Hi fellow Scandinavians!

I just want to share with you my experience from the medical check up that I went to in Gothenburg yesterday. If anyone has worried about what to expect from the medical just a tiny bit, just stop doing that right now. The whole thing was a breeze! The nurse was very sweet and the physician was super cool and relaxed. It's a very different thing from what the medical seems to be like in other countries, that you've might have read about. If you have a fear of needles, well then bite your teeth, because you'll have to give a simple blood sample, but other than that the whole thing is very simple.

They check the most basic things like height, length and vision. The physician asked a few general questions about my overall condition, like "are you on any medications?", "do you have any allergies?", "have you been to the hospital for anything recently?", "have you had any surgery?". We talked briefly about vaccinations, and if you've got all the basic vaccinations that are standard for kids in Sweden (and probably Denmark in Norway too), you're good. He checked a box saying "Meets US standard". He then listened to my heart and checked my reflexes, asked if everything was fine "in there", while pointing to my stomach. And that was it. You'll get a document that you take with you to a nearby hospital where you do the x-ray, and after that you're good to go. 

This was by far way esier than I had anticipated. I guess, yet again, it's clear how fortunate we are to live in a rich, first world country. 

My entire CR1 visa process has so far been very easy and straigt forward and now it's just the interview that remains. All in all, it's taken just under one year from start to finish, if the interview goes well.

Edited by Jens79

Timeline

Glad you had a good experience at Kungsportsläkarna, @Jens79! I have no experience with the clinic in Sthlm but I always recommend the one in Gbg, Einar is amazing and very easy-going. 

The interview is even easier than the medical, soon you'll have your visa in hand! :)

Hey Scandies!

I'm applying for the K1 in England where I currently live. For the medical they require a printout of my medical history from the GP.

The thing is I only registered with a GP a year ago (and I've lived here for 6 years), no records were transferred from Sweden. 

Talked to my GP and formally requested it, and I've been told it'll be up to three weeks for them to print a single sheet of paper that says "No ongoing illnesses" or similar... 

The lady at the Embassy approved Doctor's said there's a possibility(?!) the embassy might not be OK with the GP not having much of anything on me.

So now I'm all paranoid :(  Do I need to also contact a hospital in Sweden to get a similar letter? (I really really hope not!). This process has been long enough as is! And I doubt the hospital would send any information about me in English, so would need a professional translater, and gaaaaaaaaaah! Any advice would be lovely. Please and thank you

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Skatie2k17 said:

Hey Scandies!

I'm applying for the K1 in England where I currently live. For the medical they require a printout of my medical history from the GP.

The thing is I only registered with a GP a year ago (and I've lived here for 6 years), no records were transferred from Sweden. 

Talked to my GP and formally requested it, and I've been told it'll be up to three weeks for them to print a single sheet of paper that says "No ongoing illnesses" or similar... 

The lady at the Embassy approved Doctor's said there's a possibility(?!) the embassy might not be OK with the GP not having much of anything on me.

So now I'm all paranoid :(  Do I need to also contact a hospital in Sweden to get a similar letter? (I really really hope not!). This process has been long enough as is! And I doubt the hospital would send any information about me in English, so would need a professional translater, and gaaaaaaaaaah! Any advice would be lovely. Please and thank you

So I'm not from Sweden but you guys don't have it all online like we do in DK? We can go on our own site and see everything we have ever been to the hospital/doctor/results and so on?

If you get it and need translation then I used rev.com and got it within 24 hours. 

You wrote the embassy requires this for you time in GP so why not just give them what you get from the doctor over there and then write and sign a note of why you didn't have a doctor for the rest of the time.

4 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

So I'm not from Sweden but you guys don't have it all online like we do in DK? We can go on our own site and see everything we have ever been to the hospital/doctor/results and so on?

If you get it and need translation then I used rev.com and got it within 24 hours. 

You wrote the embassy requires this for you time in GP so why not just give them what you get from the doctor over there and then write and sign a note of why you didn't have a doctor for the rest of the time.

I'm not aware of any online system in Sweden where you can access medical records. (Maybe something has happened there in the last couple of years, I've not checked).

In the UK I know for sure there's no online system (verified by my General Practitioner). To get anything about my history in the UK I had to write a letter, hand it in, and now I'm supposedly waiting 2-3 weeks...

I'll make a note of rev.com in case I do need to translate, thanks for that! :)

I posted a new thread in the UK section, got a response from a guy saying he didn't bring any medical records at all to his medical examination. I'm still very confused by this, but I think I'm leaning towards just not caring about bringing medical history at all, and just talking to the doctor at the medical and hope they understand. Seeing as the embassy website doesn't state it as a requirement, I should be fine.... I think (hope) ...

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Skatie2k17 said:

I'm not aware of any online system in Sweden where you can access medical records. (Maybe something has happened there in the last couple of years, I've not checked).

In the UK I know for sure there's no online system (verified by my General Practitioner). To get anything about my history in the UK I had to write a letter, hand it in, and now I'm supposedly waiting 2-3 weeks...

I posted a new thread in the UK section, got a response from a guy saying he didn't bring any medical records at all to his medical examination. I'm still very confused by this, but I think I'm leaning towards just not caring about bringing medical history at all, and just talking to the doctor at the medical and hope they understand. Seeing as the embassy website doesn't state it as a requirement, I should be fine.... I think (hope) ...

Gotta say after all this time on VJ for me I have not heard of anyone who had to bring medical history to the interview. 

I knw at the medical the of course ask you about your medical history but thats kind of it unless someone have had a serious illness there could effect something or they need more info about.

3 hours ago, Skatie2k17 said:

You're only supposed to need your vaccination history. They do an examination of all the rest that is required. Vaccination history you can get from your kommun, school and landstingsarkiv. If you do not have any, you can have a blood titre done that establishes what immunology you already have and what you need to renew - alternatively, you'll need to have them all.

The reason there is no national system in Sweden is for privacy reasons. The patient has to approve every time a care giver shares your journals with another care giver. There are systems within "each landsting", but they are all on their own budgets so in some places they have more record sharing than in others and you would sign a general paper (electronic) allowing the sharing within the landsting. When switching landsting NOTHING follows unless you have the physician officially request it.

Edited by Suss&Camm

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
13 minutes ago, swelove said:

We got the interview date! Yay! Thank you everyone for your support and help during this process. Kram på er!

Jättegrattis. Hoppas allt går bra med intervjun 👍  

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Bikerbride said:

Jättegrattis. Hoppas allt går bra med intervjun 👍  

Åh, dig kommer jag nog ihåg från någon av grupperna på Facebook. Hur går det för er? Har ni hunnit få er i-130 godkänd än? (F)

Timeline
5 hours ago, Scandi said:

Åh, dig kommer jag nog ihåg från någon av grupperna på Facebook. Hur går det för er? Har ni hunnit få er i-130 godkänd än? (F)

Nä. Vi bara väntar och väntar. Men vi har det bra. Vi bor tillsammans och håller på att förbereda oss, och det tar sin tid. Så det går ingen nöd på oss. Värre för alla som lever åtskilda under denna långa väntan. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.