Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Martin & Rona said:

Hi JS - Yes I do believe that with USCIS more than doubling the application fee we should expect to see better service and turn around with our application.

IMG_20170401_191810.thumb.png.6a3fb6c7512c6ae03f16c9e3a5f84dd6.png

The fee was not doubled ... raising was 195 to 340 before, that's not even 58% and think they didn't raise the fees within the last 5 years.

So yeah let us just stay together until we all can finally be with our loved ones ... That's what we all are waiting for, right?

7 minutes ago, AkesAngel said:

The fee was not doubled ... raising was 195 to 340 before, that's not even 58% and think they didn't raise the fees within the last 5 years.

So yeah let us just stay together until we all can finally be with our loved ones ... That's what we all are waiting for, right?

We should just be a support system for one another. I feel for the November and December filers. We all just have to wait patiently and we will all be with our loves soon. I'm just praying and hoping that USCIS keeps processing and we will all be approved. There is no need to get frustrated. We are all in this wait together.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, mbassett said:

What you say is so true, everyone take a deep breath and remember the most important thing is to remain strong and love the ones we miss...I know I fully expected at least 90 days for this stage and soon we will get our approvals..Its a process we must go through and nothing we say can change the time...lets all be strong for each other and hope for the best

35 minutes ago, NicoAndNelle said:

Hey peeps, let's try not to get worked up until we need to which is around June. The average is 90days for NOA2. It would be great if we get processed faster. Yes it's absolute torture being apart from our fiancés but getting worked up this early is only going to make the waiting that much harder and longer!! Deep breaths...

90 days since NOA1 on Monday ... 100 today since receiving date ... so yeah forgive me or others waiting even longer, that the frustration is kinda driving us crazy 

2 minutes ago, AkesAngel said:

90 days since NOA1 on Monday ... 100 today since receiving date ... so yeah forgive me or others waiting even longer, that the frustration is kinda driving us crazy 

Yeah I totally understand the level of frustration after that 90 day mark. Minutes and hours must be feeling like months and years, it would make almost anyone crazy!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, AkesAngel said:

I know it's kind of a different story when dealing with government, but when you pay an increased price for something, one would generally expect at least some of the extra money is going towards something that would benefit the payer. To pay more money, then have the level of service go down significantly - it just feels like you're getting screwed. Nothing we can do about it, but we did get screwed. Only a few months ago, people paid $340 for the same thing and most approved in 40-60 days. Now, for the same exact thing, we paid $535 and most are looking at ~100+ days to get approved. Again, I know there's nothing we can do about it and it doesn't do any good to dwell on the negatives, but let's not kid ourselves about the reality of the situation. 

K1

I-129F Sent :                                       2017-01-03

I-129F NOA1 :                                     2017-01-12

I-129F NOA2 :                                     2017-04-12

NVC Received :                                   2017-05-08

Consulate Received :                          2017-05-12

Packet 3 Received :                             2017-05-15

Interview (Approved) :                        2017-06-06

Visa Received:                                    2017 06-15

US Entry (POE: Houston):                   2017 06-26

AOS

I-485 Combo Sent:                              2017-08-01

I-485 NOA1:                                        2017 08-07

Biometrics:                                         2017 08-23

I-131 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

I-765 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

Interview (No Decision)                      2017 10-25

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, alexo said:

Thanks. Did you get your case expedited because you are in military or did you call to get it expedited?

I have to call them to request expedite and fax them all support documents after that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Am I really the only one case on here from January that got NOA2 and the case was not expedited?

Btw, I never got any kind of electronic notification from USCIS. Is there a way to track the case as it makes its way to NVC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, MaxG said:

Am I really the only one case on here from January that got NOA2 and the case was not expedited?

Btw, I never got any kind of electronic notification from USCIS. Is there a way to track the case as it makes its way to NVC?

I don't think you can track it but you can call USCIS and ask them if they already send your package, if they do wait for 5 days and call NVC to get your case number...my package still stay at CSC after 4 days I got NOA2 notifications.

Timeline

I'm super confused right now and this might be a stupid question BUT .. we received the receipt notice on January 30th and on the letter it says 'date of notice January 23rd' (petition was delivered January 19th). Is it right that NOA1 is January 23rd even though we received the letter January 30th? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Hannah96 said:

I'm super confused right now and this might be a stupid question BUT .. we received the receipt notice on January 30th and on the letter it says 'date of notice January 23rd' (petition was delivered January 19th). Is it right that NOA1 is January 23rd even though we received the letter January 30th? 

In your Letter should be a number that starts with WACxxxxxx. If you fill that number in on the USCIS CASE STATUS website then it should tell you when they received your I-129f package. That is your NOA 1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.