Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Miina said:

Yeah Im reading through the November thread too. It reads like a thriller though, Im at the part where everyone starts getting worried because the number of processed applications grows smaller every day. 

But thank you glmg21 for your positive words! The Novembers are getting their NOA2s, and Im optimistic our process MIGHT be a little bit faster! 

Haha, it was about as stressful as a thriller!  My fiancé and I were pretty sure at one point that we would be lucky to get our NOA2 by next Christmas.  We're feeling a lot more hopeful now. :)

Click here for K1:

Spoiler

11/19/2016                 Mailed I-129F packet
11/21/2016                 NOA1 received date
11/25/2016                 Date on NOA1 hard copy
11/28/2016                 NOA1 arrived in the mail
02/16/2017                 NOA2 (USCIS website and Case Tracker app)
02/21/2017                 NOA2 arrived in the mail
03/08/2017                 Case arrived at the NVC
03/09/2017                 NVC assigned case number
03/13/2017                 Case left the NVC
03/17/2017                 Case arrived in Montreal; status updated to "Ready"
03/17/2017                 Submitted DS-160
03/18/2017                 E-mailed Packet 3 to Montreal
03/20/2017                 Received Packet 4
04/26/2017                 Visa interview in Montreal - Approved!!!
04/27/2017                 CEAC status changed from "Administrative Processing" to "Visa Issued".
04/28/2017                 Visa arrived
05/29/2017                 POE Toronto (Pre-Clearance)/Minneapolis
06/01/2017                 Legal marriage
07/29/2017                 Wedding ceremony with family and friends

Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status:

06/16/2017                 Mailed AOS packet to Chicago lockbox

06/19/2017                 Chicago lockbox received

07/03/2017                 Notification texts & e-mails

07/12/2017                 NOA hard copies arrived in the mail

07/25/2017                 Biometrics letter arrived

08/02/2017                 Biometrics appointment

11/06/2017                 EAD and AP approval notice arrived in the mail

11/08/2017                 EAD card arrived (145 days after we sent our AOS packet)

03/15/2018                 Status changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview"

07/21/2018                 Submitted paperwork to renew EAD/AP

09/01/2018                 Interview notice arrived in the mail

10/03/2018                 AOS interview (474 days after we mailed our paperwork)

11/08/2018                 InfoPass appointment to inquire about green card.  Learned that our file had been moved to the
                                       storage room for approved cases, but had not been marked "approved" in the computer system.

11/16/2018                 Online case status changed to "approved" (44 days after AOS interview)

11/21/2018                 Green card was mailed

11/24/2018                 Green card arrived!!!!!  (526 days after applying for AOS)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

Well, I barely made it in the January group! I mailed our petition on January 31st and USPS says it was signed for on February 6th (why so long??!?) The check still hasn't cleared (I may or may not be looking at my bank balance several times a day) and of course still waiting for the NOA1.

Let the waiting begin...

On a positive note, I will see him in 29 days!! :wub:

Welcome TexasHeartsIndia ... have fun waiting with us all for the great day :) and yeah 29 days seems not too long ... 70 days for me until I can see my love and still hoping that our NOA2 will be already there at this point!

But having all the lovely ppl around here, helps so much!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, MapleLeaf29 said:

Haha, it was about as stressful as a thriller!  My fiancé and I were pretty sure at one point that we would be lucky to get our NOA2 by next Christmas.  We're feeling a lot more hopeful now. :)

MeapleLeaf ... god help it won't take until christmas lol

We still hope that the date for approval here on the timeline is some kind of accurate for the real date or at least near around ... so never stop to hope! But Christmas ... that can't be!

3 hours ago, DivineDestiny said:

I did some research today as far as fees ... and they sure did add up quick ??!?! Between the medical and VISAs I'm nearing $1,000, so needless to say I spent my evening applying for a PT job ... *sigh* ... ?????????????

Unfortunately this is true, particularly with the filing fee rising by nearly 60%!

However, one of the blessings of this process taking some time, is that you can plan ahead and give yourself some time to save each month. After the filing fee, you most likely wont have any other expenses until your application has cleared the NVC and your embassy asks you to schedule your interview.

Depending on your country, some things require a varying cost (my police certificate for Germany was much cheaper than England for example), but make a spreadsheet to time when you might want to pay for each thing! Get a quote from a doctor on the medical examination, and how much any vaccinations you're missing might cost.

25 Jan: I-129F Sent from Berlin | 27 Jan: NOA-1 | 01 May: RFE19 May: NOA-2

03 Jun: NVC Received | 20 Jun: NVC Issued Case Number | 23 Jun: Case Ready 

29 Jun: Medical | 03 Jul: Packet 3 received & sent | 13 Jul: Interview | 20 Jul: Visa In Hand

07 Aug: POE | 06 Sep: AOS Sent | 15 Sep: NOA-1 | 15 Oct: RFE | 29 Nov: EAD/AP/AOS NOA-2 | 06 Dec: EAD/AP In Hand

02 Jan: AOS Interview | 08 Jan: GC Received

04 Oct: I-751 Filed | 10 Oct: GC Extended

18 Aug: I-751 Approved | 04 Oct: N-400 Window Open + Filed

18 Apr: Biometrics Reuse | 14 Jun: Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, glmg21 said:

Unfortunately this is true, particularly with the filing fee rising by nearly 60%!

However, one of the blessings of this process taking some time, is that you can plan ahead and give yourself some time to save each month. After the filing fee, you most likely wont have any other expenses until your application has cleared the NVC and your embassy asks you to schedule your interview.

Depending on your country, some things require a varying cost (my police certificate for Germany was much cheaper than England for example), but make a spreadsheet to time when you might want to pay for each thing! Get a quote from a doctor on the medical examination, and how much any vaccinations you're missing might cost.

Yeah and depends on your background too! I have lived in 4 countries for over 12 months and require a police certificate from all of those = $$ 
Luckily the medical examination in my current location is MUCH cheaper than in Finland where I'm from, so I guess that evens it out a bit :)

Filed: P-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, glmg21 said:

So true, which I've done and continue to do as far as saving and planning ahead. I'm a realist ? ... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I have a question for those who may know...I have been offered another position in the same area. I make really good money and have a great work history..How would changing jobs impact my application? I have no problem passing on this opportunity as being with the love of my life is all that matters

01/12/17 – I-129F mailed 
01/17/17 – Delivered to lockbox  

01/20/17 - NOA1  

01/27/17 – I-797C arrived via USPS

05/05/17 - NOA2

05/23/17 - NVC Recieve

09/11/17 - Approved at Interview

09/30/17 - Visa in hand

10/17/17 - POE Washington DC

11/11/17 - Married 

01/29/18 - AOS sent via USPS

02/20/18 - TXT and email notification of receipt

09/29/18 - EAD recieved

02/12/19 - Interview Scheduled

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone - glad to join this thread and take the ride along with everyone else who applied in January.  I first met my fiance during Christmas when I proposed to her. I have been back from the Philippines since Jan 11th and the pain of seeing how slow this process is moving is absolute torture.  I know all of us are experiencing the same feelings being away from the person we desire so badly to have in our life.  I was reading the Nov 2016 I-129F Flier blog and some of those applicants are still waiting for NOA2 since October.  I'm glad that we are all in this together and will be holding each other up.  I'm staying positive as many of the applicants in January have significantly decreased compared to December and November.  I've decided to take another trip to visit my fiance departing JFK on March 10th to spend two weeks with her and prepare for the next steps after we obtain our NOA2.  I look forward to supporting one another and watching how we all progress.  Cheers to all of us on this VISA timeline and good luck to everyone!!!!!!

Edited by Martin & Rona

Our Visa Timeline Journey

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
I-129F Sent : 2017-01-09
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-01-17
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2017-05-05
NVC Received : 2017-05-23
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2017-05-23
NVC Left : 2017-05-23
Consulate Received : 2017-05-26
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  
Interview Date : 2017-07-17 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 minutes ago, mbassett said:

So I have a question for those who may know...I have been offered another position in the same area. I make really good money and have a great work history..How would changing jobs impact my application? I have no problem passing on this opportunity as being with the love of my life is all that matters

Why do you think changing jobs would impact anything? I am in the midst of changing jobs myself. I am in tech and make well over 6 figures. Why would it be an issue? Not trying to psych each other out. Just wondering.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, mbassett said:

Nothing like a great opportunity to further provide!!! I have seen this discussed just don't recall, out of the tons of forums I've read. Maybe would just require additional explanation and verificatuon. Someone is sure to provide you clarity, peeps here are so helpful ☺

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Martin & Rona said:

Hi everyone - glad to join this thread and take the ride along with everyone else who applied in January.  I first met my fiance during Christmas when I proposed to her. I have been back from the Philippines since Jan 11th and the pain of seeing how slow this process is moving is absolute torture.  I know all of us are experiencing the same feelings being away from the person we desire so badly to have in our life.  I was reading the Nov 2016 I-129F Flier blog and some of those applicants are still waiting for NOA2 since October.  I'm glad that we are all in this together and will be holding each other up.  I'm staying positive as many of the applicants in January have significantly decreased compared to December and November.  I've decided to take another trip to visit my fiance departing JFK on March 10th to spend two weeks with her and prepare for the next steps after we obtain our NOA2.  I look forward to supporting one another and watching how we all progress.  Cheers to all of us on this VISA timeline and good luck to everyone!!!!!!

Heya, so exciting to have so many people from around the globe on the same journey. I myself have been back since mid December 2016 and feels like forever. I think there was a big rush to beat the new fee. Seems approvals are increasing so we have some things in our favor to continue to speed up. Always see the positive, Safe travels!! ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I downloaded the USCIS app yesterday and I'm having way too much fun constantly checking it...I was way too excited when it told me cases similar to mine had updates, even though they were RFE's from October. I need a new hobby!

I'm road tripping next week to go visit my fiance though and we're having our engagement photos done, so at least once those are taken I will have something in a shorter time frame to wait for! Maybe that will make the wait easier? One can hope :wub: Fingers crossed I get a happy border patrol agent. I've been lucky so far and they usually smile once I tell them why I'm going to the states. I've memorized the question/answer format by now. "Going to Minnesota, sir! To visit my FIANCE (!!yay!) and have our engagement photos done! We met on reddit! 9 days, 10 if the weather is bad! Thank you sir!". I wonder if there will be more questions now that he's my fiance and not just my boyfriend... NOW I'M NERVOUS! 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, tdav said:

I downloaded the USCIS app yesterday and I'm having way too much fun constantly checking it...I was way too excited when it told me cases similar to mine had updates, even though they were RFE's from October. I need a new hobby!

I'm road tripping next week to go visit my fiance though and we're having our engagement photos done, so at least once those are taken I will have something in a shorter time frame to wait for! Maybe that will make the wait easier? One can hope :wub: Fingers crossed I get a happy border patrol agent. I've been lucky so far and they usually smile once I tell them why I'm going to the states. I've memorized the question/answer format by now. "Going to Minnesota, sir! To visit my FIANCE (!!yay!) and have our engagement photos done! We met on reddit! 9 days, 10 if the weather is bad! Thank you sir!". I wonder if there will be more questions now that he's my fiance and not just my boyfriend... NOW I'M NERVOUS! 

I did the app, quickly deleted it, ha! That is too fuuny though ?. This site has me finding so many nuggets, talk about needing a new hobby, LOL. What a great distraction with the pics, it's becoming more real, woot! How fortunate you have the option to road trip ?. Drive safe and from a Minnesotan ? WELCOME ?

Edited by DivineDestiny

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, tdav said:

Yeah the app actually made me a LITTLE bit optimistic. Reading the November thread, it seems that they have ~400 I-129f applications with the same file date. I checked ours (17.1.) and see "only" 202 K1 applications. 

If the application flow decreased in January, then maybe we wont have to wait quite as long as some of the others :)

Have a great road trip tdav!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.