dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

We are all frustrated but filling this thread with complaints about how much the call center cost isn't helping anyone.  The process is long and painful to many of us.   Not seeing our spouse is tough on all of us.  But as you can see, the November dates are starting to get CC.  There are so many people in the system it takes time, but time passes and soon we will forget about the lost time and hold fast to the now.   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Freedom4evr said:

What is your scan date?

mine is 11/29.

My 3rd scan date is 11/28.   Its been 7+ weeks so she (super nice lady) put it in supervisor review - told me it could take up to 6 weeks.  I said, "really? Again?" and she added "it will most likely take much less time, you can call back again when you want an update"   

So that was nice !

Geno 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Joemamma said:

We are all frustrated but filling this thread with complaints about how much the call center cost isn't helping anyone.  The process is long and painful to many of us.   Not seeing our spouse is tough on all of us.  But as you can see, the November dates are starting to get CC.  There are so many people in the system it takes time, but time passes and soon we will forget about the lost time and hold fast to the now.   

It may not help any cases move faster BUT I know from my friends in Japan that did this process prior to 2011 that it used to take from 6 weeks up to 4 months for the ENTIRE process to complete.  Of course this information is limited to Japan only but when I know it used to take 4 months and now it takes 15+ months I'm allowed to be frustrated.

6 hours ago, TokyoHNL said:

My 3rd scan date is 11/28.   Its been 7+ weeks so she (super nice lady) put it in supervisor review - told me it could take up to 6 weeks.  I said, "really? Again?" and she added "it will most likely take much less time, you can call back again when you want an update"   

So that was nice !

Geno 

Just curious,

How did you end up with 3 scam dates? Did you get two checklists?

I have asked multiple different people on the phone if it was possible to get a other checklist about another part of our file after waiting another 6+ weeks and they said no. They said they looked at everything before sending the checklist so the only thing they were missing was what they requested of us.

Is that not true?

Called NVC this morning, absolutely no wait time. Spoke to a great customer service agent named Emmett, told me the same thing they always do.  When I told him I've been waiting ten weeks, and asked to speak to a supervisor he told me he would look to see if one is available. Actually took some time came back told me he spoke to a supervisor who told him that my best option would be to submit an expedited form and to place the reason as NVC is taking longer then told processing time. They will forward that to the embassy who will decide if they would approve the expedited. 

What should I do?

Edited by Sweetaniee

58 minutes ago, Sweetaniee said:

Called NVC this morning, absolutely no wait time. Spoke to a great customer service agent named Emmett, told me the same thing they always do.  When I told him I've been waiting ten weeks, and asked to speak to a supervisor he told me he would look to see if one is available. Actually took some time came back told me he spoke to a supervisor who told him that my best option would be to submit an expedited form and to place the reason as NVC is taking longer then told processing time. They will forward that to the embassy who will decide if they would approve the expedited. 

What should I do?

Here are my thoughts on this...

Embassies generally only approve expedites that can skip the NVC process when it is life-threatening. Sometimes even spouses with cancer can not get these kinds of expedites approved (you can search in the forums to find these instances). You can certainly make a request for your consulate to expedite, but it is very, very unlikely that they will care because every single person in this process is experiencing NVC delays. At best, you may get an expedite where the consulate says they will expedite on their end (meaning only that you will schedule your interview directly through them instead of the NVC, saving maybe a couple weeks), but they will not move forward until your case completes at NVC. Even that, though, may be a slim chance, since it may be difficult for them to determine that your case is worth processing faster than all the other people who are waiting the same as you.

With that being said, there is absolutely no harm in trying, and stranger things have definitely happened! So, you can go for it, but just do not get your hopes up.

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I called Nvc lastnighgt,though it actually took like 54 minutes before a guy picked up my call,then the guy said that he will request that our case to put on supervisor review.then I asked him for how long will it take for the supervisor review,then he said it will take another Six weeks.pls so I want to know if it will actually take another 6weeks again after when our case already spending up to 7weeks with NVC ?is there still any possibility of getting checklist after 7weeks at NVC?

Does anyone know what is causing the delays at the NVC?

I tried to ask yesterday if the delays are widespread and was told that they wouldn't discuss that with me. Why give us information that could potentially put our mind at ease right?

Scan date November 28th

asked to be put on supervisor review was told my case was already with the review department since December 22nd. But I get conflicting info from them so I have no Idea where my case really is.

5 minutes ago, Saheed said:

I called Nvc lastnighgt,though it actually took like 54 minutes before a guy picked up my call,then the guy said that he will request that our case to put on supervisor review.then I asked him for how long will it take for the supervisor review,then he said it will take another Six weeks.pls so I want to know if it will actually take another 6weeks again after when our case already spending up to 7weeks with NVC ?is there still any possibility of getting checklist after 7weeks at NVC?

Most cases are being completed in 9-12 weeks. Yes, it is still possible to get a checklist because no one has even looked at your documents yet.

NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day

4 minutes ago, brittany.mciver said:

Does anyone know what is causing the delays at the NVC?

I tried to ask yesterday if the delays are widespread and was told that they wouldn't discuss that with me. Why give us information that could potentially put our mind at ease right?

Scan date November 28th

asked to be put on supervisor review was told my case was already with the review department since December 22nd. But I get conflicting info from them so I have no Idea where my case really is.

They just received a huge influx of mail in October/November/December, so they are extremely far behind. That's all we've really heard as far as I know!

Filed: Timeline

My CC was 1/11/2017 and this morning I woke up to an "NVC Inquiry" email, when I first saw it and before reading it, I was both hopeful that this will be the interview email and puzzled from the title of it!  But the email basically saying that the case is complete and waiting in que for consular interview... I hope to see a February  interview email this week... I know, I am too optimistic and sometimes pushing it, but what the heck :) 

4 minutes ago, Qabtawi said:

My CC was 1/11/2017 and this morning I woke up to an "NVC Inquiry" email, when I first saw it and before reading it, I was both hopeful that this will be the interview email and puzzled from the title of it!  But the email basically saying that the case is complete and waiting in que for consular interview... I hope to see a February  interview email this week... I know, I am too optimistic and sometimes pushing it, but what the heck :) 

I received the same email too. At first i thought it was the interview email. I guess i was too excited. Lol. 

Scan date: nov14

CC: jan12

CC email: jan19

Filed: Timeline

From my experience, no anxiety, no worry, no annticipation is more painful than waiting for the NVC's decision, because this is a decision that represents a critical turn in your family's life.   The pain of waiting is very strong, and lasts for a long time.  We finally got our case completed, we are still waiting for the interview email and the interview itself, and what could come out of it.... I am wondering about the wisdome and the reasoning behind making this process so long, so expensive and so painful..

Timeline
3 hours ago, bcking said:

Just curious,

How did you end up with 3 scam dates? Did you get two checklists?

I have asked multiple different people on the phone if it was possible to get a other checklist about another part of our file after waiting another 6+ weeks and they said no. They said they looked at everything before sending the checklist so the only thing they were missing was what they requested of us.

Is that not true?

For my case:

I submitted documents in June, September and November so 3 scan dates.  The reasons are below:

1. The Japan Police certificate caused them and us months of confusion.    It was eventually removed from their procedures and from my checklist

2. Confusion on my part as to what we had to send them from the checklist and what could wait for the interview.  I have several months worth of email conversations with the NVC with them stating nothing was required. Eventually my wife and I determined that we never sent one of the documents (long-form birth certificate)

3. I'm very certain they our marriage certificate, leading to us having to re-request and re-translate

TKY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.