dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2016

602 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I just sent the package to the NVC on Nov.23rd... how will I find out my scan date? will they notify me of anything? Do I have to call in regularly? I live abroad so im crossing my fingers for mail/email notifications :) thanks guys!

They will notify you eventually - I got my email confirming my scan date 1 week after the scan date.

The only way to know quickly is to call and find out. If you sent the package by a tracked postage method, once you can see that it has arrived give it a few days and then call. The scan date won't be the date it arrives. It takes a few days for them to sort through the mail and scan it in.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Same here. I just think how ridiculous this whole process is. Our lives are on hold and waiting for a stranger's decision on the future of your marriage and family. I'm tired of waiting. This is putting so much strain on my marriage. Distance sucks! I just hope to get CC soon.

Agreed. My husband had to go back to England the week after we got married and we haven't seen each other since. I don't even feel married at this point. We started this process with high hopes of him being here by Christmas. Now, we're probably looking at March if we get CC when our 6 weeks is up in another 3 weeks.

Agreed. My husband had to go back to England the week after we got married and we haven't seen each other since. I don't even feel married at this point. We started this process with high hopes of him being here by Christmas. Now, we're probably looking at March if we get CC when our 6 weeks is up in another 3 weeks.

Same here. That's a perfect way of summing it up. 'I don't even feel married at this point'. I don't feel like a real wife. Only people going through this can understand that. When I tell friends or co-workers that I don't feel like a real wife they just don't get it.

Not much longer now for you, I'm sure. London is very fast to do interviews.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Same here. That's a perfect way of summing it up. 'I don't even feel married at this point'. I don't feel like a real wife. Only people going through this can understand that. When I tell friends or co-workers that I don't feel like a real wife they just don't get it.

same here!! luckily after we got married, I was lucky enough to get my EU privelidges very quickly... (so we have lived abroad ever since) but at times it seems like I have an imaginary husband because he hasnt met my closest friends and family yet... we just celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary

Edited by Riann&Adam

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

In a weird way it comforts me to know that I am not the only wife that feels this way. I understand everyone of you.

Checking in for December... Scan date Oct. 17th. They won't even place me on Sup Review.

Good luck and God bless us all!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

I have not seen any 3 N/A since long time. Anyone has a good news.

What does 3 N/A mean?

US Citizen Filing for Spouse - Married since January 2009, 2 Children

IR1 Visa - US Citizen living abroad, not DCF, Re-establishing Domicile, Joint Sponsor

12.April.2016 Filed I-130

22.June.2016 NOA1 (they entered my address incorrectly, therefore was not delivered until JULY)

07.Sept.2016 I-130 approved

07.Oct.2017 NVC welcome letter received

10.Nov.2016 Complete DS-261

10.Nov.2016 Payed AOS/IV Bill

19.Nov.2016 Complete DS-260

26.Nov.2016 Mailed AOS/IV Packet to NVC

29.Nov.2016 AOS/IV Packet Delivered to NVC

01. Dec.2016 Scan Date
13.Jan.2017 Checklist for  I-864 pages 10-12 BLANK FORM PAGES
02.Feb.2017 2nd Scan Date

14.April.2017 Case Complete (CC at exactly 10 weeks)

04.May.2017 Interview date scheduled/received email from NVC

10.May.2017 Medical
01.June.2017 Interview - APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Our scan date was October 24, we call yesterday for the third time and after a 45 minutes wait they tried to rush us out of the phone call and said is up to 6 weeks, and they were constantly saying "is there anything else?" uggghhh :protest:

This next Tuesday is exactly 6 weeks and 1 day.... we're definitely demanding a a supervisor if we don't here anything by then. :clock::clock:

(L) Jan 23, 2016 - Marriage (L)

USCIS STAGE

May 16, 2016 - I-130 sent
May 23,2016 - email notification received
May 28, 2016 - NOA 1 Hard Copy received

Case assigned to Potomac. Receipt Number beginning with YSC

May 19,2019 - Priority and received date

August 29, 2016 - I-130 APPROVED

NVC STAGE

October 3, 2016 - AOS and IV Paid

October 7,2016 - DS-261 submitted
October 18, 2016 - AOS and IV package sent to NVC

October 24, 2016 - NVC scan date

December 27, 2016 - NVC CASE COMPLETED

On the same train of feeling defeated and tired. We just "celebrated" our one-year-since-I-moved-back-from-Mexico-iversary on November 7th - I do feel very fortunate that I have a very understanding employer and have been able to visit him every three months, but the trips are short and nothing can substitute having your spouse with you daily. We thought he'd be here by Christmas, too, but we lost three months with a shitty lawyer and now NVC is so backed up...

Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting...

What does 3 N/A mean?

Usually, but not always, it signifies a "case complete" when you see 3 N/A's on the CEAC website (which is when the AOS fee changes from "paid" to "n/a").

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You are certainly not alone in that feeling. I've had many people ask me how married life is...especially right after we got married. My answer is same as single life. I go home to an empty house, make dinner for 1 and wait for my hubby to wake up so we can talk. I am definitely ready to be done living the married-single life.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

What does 3 N/A mean?

You have 2 N/A now under your case when you log into CEAC. When the word"Paid" under AOS change to N/A you will have 3 N/A. This means that your documents were reviewed. You will need to call NVC at that point to confirm that your case is complete.

You are certainly not alone in that feeling. I've had many people ask me how married life is...especially right after we got married. My answer is same as single life. I go home to an empty house, make dinner for 1 and wait for my hubby to wake up so we can talk. I am definitely ready to be done living the married-single life.

same here!! luckily after we got married, I was lucky enough to get my EU privelidges very quickly... (so we have lived abroad ever since) but at times it seems like I have an imaginary husband because he hasnt met my closest friends and family yet... we just celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary

Oh my, tell me about!! Everyone always asks, "How's married life?" ...Well I have no idea...because I don't feel married at all! My husband went straight back to the US after our honeymoon, and then it felt like the whole wedding was just a dream. He has a bunch of close friends he's made whilst I've been away and they have no idea who I am and probably think he just made me up. Life just keeps moving along and nothing and nobody can wait for you, it makes me very depressed :cry::clock:

I'm so excited for you that your interview is coming up soon! You will be with your hubby by Christmas!

Oh my, tell me about!! Everyone always asks, "How's married life?" ...Well I have no idea...because I don't feel married at all! My husband went straight back to the US after our honeymoon, and then it felt like the whole wedding was just a dream. He has a bunch of close friends he's made whilst I've been away and they have no idea who I am and probably think he just made me up. Life just keeps moving along and nothing and nobody can wait for you, it makes me very depressed :cry::clock:

Ugh... I know the feeling. The only question I hate worse than "how's married life" is "when is the hubby moving over". I'm sure people think he's never really moving over it's been so long. People have no clue of the immigration struggle. They just see illegals coming into the country and getting all the government freebies and think it's an easy process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.