1,910 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2018 at 11:47 AM, Michael2017 said:

Hi Guys,

just a fast heads up in regards to NVC processing times for F2A.  There are multiple threads for CR1 and K1 visas but non for F2A.

My documents where received and scanned by NVC mid February and today March 7 we got case completed and approved by NVC.

My wife and I are very happy, will have a glass of Champagne later on ;) 

However, this shows that NVC does process F2A in the same speed as they would for CR1 and they are much faster than the 11 weeks they state on their website. Good luck everyone. Hope everyone will be with his partner soon!

Congratulations Michael!!!

I bet your documents were all complete, and that must be really helpful for them, and for your case.

There's just waiting for your PD to become current, Good Luck!

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

On 07/03/2018 at 10:17 PM, Michael2017 said:

Hi Guys,

just a fast heads up in regards to NVC processing times for F2A.  There are multiple threads for CR1 and K1 visas but non for F2A.

My documents where received and scanned by NVC mid February and today March 7 we got case completed and approved by NVC.

However, this shows that NVC does process F2A in the same speed as they would for CR1 and they are much faster than the 11 weeks they state on their website. Good luck everyone. Hope everyone will be with his partner soon!

@Michael2017...congrats!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 7/3/2018 at 11:47 AM, Michael2017 said:

Hi Guys,

Great mate. Enjoy with ur wife this moment of happines.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 7/3/2018 at 11:47 AM, Michael2017 said:

Hi Guys,

Hello Michael, I have a question. How did you know that your case was completed and approved by NVC?. They sent u an email or did you see it on the NVC website?.

Hi everyone! I hope you're all great. Im reading your comments and I am so happy so many of us are already getting interview dates! Congratulations to all of you!

I guess I still have a couple of months to go but with all and all I'm wondering how does the time frame works? Do any of you guys know? I mean if my pd is july 20st, should I get the IL when my pd is current in the VB; or could I get it before? I'm genuinely confused about that...

Edited by Ivy25

53 minutes ago, Ivy25 said:

Hi everyone! I hope you're all great. Im reading your comments and I am so happy so many of us are already getting interview dates! Congratulations to all of you!

I guess I still have a couple of months to go but with all and all I'm wondering how does the time frame works? Do any of you guys know? I mean if my pd is july 20st, should I get the IL when my pd is current in the VB; or could I get it before? I'm genuinely confused about that...

Your interview appointment would be notified to you before the PD becomes current, but your interview will be on the month your PD is current, which should be between June and August this year (if your PD year is 2016)

For Visa Bulletin For March 2018, the "B.  DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATIONS" has moved like 6months from previous months visa bulletin. Is this a good indicator or bad indicator for 2016 filers? I am concerned if they plan to pause "A. FINAL ACTION DATES.." while working on the lot for B.

Edited by rnnpl

8 hours ago, rnnpl said:

For Visa Bulletin For March 2018, the "B.  DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATIONS" has moved like 6months from previous months visa bulletin. Is this a good indicator or bad indicator for 2016 filers? I am concerned if they plan to pause "A. FINAL ACTION DATES.." while working on the lot for B.

Dates for Final Action Dates and Dates for Filing does not get in the way of each other in any way.

Final Action Dates refers to the applicants that are able to get a Green Card as of this month, Dates for Filing opens up the possibility for cases to go to NVC and for some applicants to apply for AOS, if inside the US. Actually there are 2 good signs, that are: Now CSC is forced to moved beyond November 2016, where it was stationed for way too long, and the steady movement of the Visa Bulletints, because even when for March it didn't advance much, for April it is expected to move 4 or 5 weeks, which would mean up to May 1, 2016. 

And even people sending their AOS right now thanks to Chart B would be filed for a lot of months before seeing any kind of activity.

Edited by Tenreyro

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
19 hours ago, Our Journey said:

Hello Michael, I have a question. How did you know that your case was completed and approved by NVC?. They sent u an email or did you see it on the NVC website?.

Yes they send an email. 

2 hours ago, Tenreyro said:

Dates for Final Action Dates and Dates for Filing does not get in the way of each other in any way.

Final Action Dates refers to the applicants that are able to get a Green Card as of this month, Dates for Filing opens up the possibility for cases to go to NVC and for some applicants to apply for AOS, if inside the US. Actually there are 2 good signs, that are: Now CSC is forced to moved beyond November 2016, where it was stationed for way too long, and the steady movement of the Visa Bulletints, because even when for March it didn't advance much, for April it is expected to move 4 or 5 weeks, which would mean up to May 1, 2016. 

And even people sending their AOS right now thanks to Chart B would be filed for a lot of months before seeing any kind of activity.

It looks like that F2A is stable and that progress should be around 1 months per 1 months for the upcoming months to come.

On 3/7/2018 at 10:47 AM, Michael2017 said:

Hi Guys,

Congratulations man! Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any progression for December 2016 or January 2017 yet. It's been over 14 months now, I'm so stressed out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.