Jacque67

Donald Trump's false cry-baby election recount tweet

132 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The president-elect just tweeted something petulant, wildly incorrect and dangerous. In other words, its a day ending in y.

At 3:30 p.m. on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, when most people were enjoying the final hours of peace before returning to work from the holiday, Donald Trump raged like a toddler being dragged around the supermarket about his popular vote loss.

In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally, the next leader of the free world tweeted to over 16 million people.

Trump is currently losing the popular vote by over 2 million to Hillary Clinton, the person who is not about to be inaugurated as the 45th president of the United States. This lead will likely grow as more ballots are tallied in California, a predominately blue state.

There is absolutely zero evidence that millions of people voted illegally, and to suggest so undermines the entire electoral process; the very process that actually made Trump the next president. The claim, which has been widely spread and thoroughly debunked, was pushed by Trump acolyte Alex Jones, who traffics in conspiratorial lies including a theory that the Sandy Hook massacre was a staged event.

The tweet was one of many sent in the aftermath of a decision by the Clinton campaign to take part in a recount of vote totals in a few key states, including Wisconsin, after Green Party candidate Jill Stein raised money for the effort. Marc Elias, the Clinton campaigns counsel, made it clear that they found no evidence of tampering with voting machines in the states in question but wanted to ensure that it is fair to all sides.

This is not going to affect Donald Trump. There isnt going to be some massive, unearthed discovery of secret votes that usurps his fairly won election and throws it into the hands of his opponent. It is merely a cautionary procedure in an election that was decided by small margins in a handful of Rust Belt states.

Yet the man who is set to become the most powerful person in the world is treating it as if his life is on the line. It is outrage for the sake of outrage; selfish attention-grabbing to ensure that, no matter what, he has something to sit and gripe about. It is stoking resentment for resentments sake and sowing doubt as a means for him to be the final arbiter of what is fair, right and true.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/27/donald-trump-s-false-cry-baby-election-recount-tweet.html

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

The president-elect just tweeted something petulant, wildly incorrect and dangerous.

I've decided to just keep track of his lucid tweets. It's much easier.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

The Donald. What a maroon! Surely he grasps the fact he is calling his election validity into question? No, probably not.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is a brilliant move. He has now backed the Libs into a corner. Plus…..the side effect of the Libs losing their minds over this is funny as heck.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It is a brilliant move. He has now backed the Libs into a corner. Plus..the side effect of the Libs losing their minds over this is funny as heck.

how has he backed them into a corner? if anything he's making himself look foolish

Filed: Timeline

how has he backed them into a corner? if anything he's making himself look foolish

Actually he is bringing forward how easy it is for illegal to vote in the USA. If you think illegal aliens didn't vote in this years Presidential Election then you are delusional.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

In his defense, that has worked pretty well for him to date. He's unlikely to outstupid himself any time soon.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

Actually he is bringing forward how easy it is for illegal to vote in the USA. If you think illegal aliens didn't vote in this years Presidential Election then you are delusional.

oh absolutely some illegal immigrants likely votes. some even possibly fr him. however I'd love to know how. People that I know who voted had to show a numberr of documents. Perhaps it's a Florida thing

In his defense, that has worked pretty well for him to date. He's unlikely to outstupid himself any time soon.

don't count your chickens....

oh absolutely some illegal immigrants likely votes. some even possibly fr him. however I'd love to know how. People that I know who voted had to show a numberr of documents. Perhaps it's a Florida thing

I think all states got shot down on having to show ID's. Texas did and I am sure others did as well. Easy to vote illegal, You go and sign up online, they ask you if you are US citizen all they do is say yes and continue to register. When going to vote of course State ID or Driver Licenses is best, but they give loopholes like copy of a electric bill with your name on it or other documents. It's the way it works here and I am sure it is the same way all over USA

Edited by MarkPerry

Timeline

I think all states got shot down on having to show ID's. Texas did and I am sure others did as well. Easy to vote illegal, You go and sign up online, they ask you if you are US citizen all they do is say yes and continue to register. When going to vote of course State ID or Driver Licenses is best, but they give loopholes like copy of a electric bill with your name on it or other documents. It's the way it works here and I am sure it is the same way all over USA

they were turning people away with expired licences and wrong addresses and also asked for voters cards. this was in more than one place.

What is needed on Florida to vote :

Florida driver’s license

• Florida identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
  • United States passport
  • Debit or credit card
  • Military identification
  • Student identification
  • Retirement center identification
  • Neighborhood association identification
  • Public assistance identification
  • Veteran health identification card issued by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs
  • License to carry a concealed weapon or firearm issued pursuant to s. 790.06
  • Employee identification card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county, or a municipality.

http://dos.myflorida.com/elections/for-voters/voting/election-day-voting/

So they take a debit or credit card which is strange to me. Neighborhood association card ?, Work badge?

Many loopholes

Edited by MarkPerry

Timeline

What is needed on Florida to vote :

Florida drivers license

• Florida identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
  • United States passport
  • Debit or credit card
  • Military identification
  • Student identification
  • Retirement center identification
  • Neighborhood association identification
  • Public assistance identification
  • Veteran health identification card issued by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs
  • License to carry a concealed weapon or firearm issued pursuant to s. 790.06
  • Employee identification card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county, or a municipality.
http://dos.myflorida.com/elections/for-voters/voting/election-day-voting/

you can show all you like, I'm jut going by first hand accounts of more than one person.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

also successfully shifted the media narrative away from negative stories about Trump's many conflicts of interest. The New York Times published a front-page investigation into the conflicts on Sunday.

The president-elect has a long history of pushing debunked conspiracy theories, including the false claim that President Barack Obama wasn't born in the United States and that the election was "rigged" by global elites to assure Hillary Clinton's victory.

Hillary Clinton is now ahead in the popular vote by about 2.2 million votes, though Trump won the Electoral College by beating Clinton in key battleground states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida and Wisconsin.

Trump said on Twitter Sunday that he could have won the popular vote.

"It would have been much easier for me to win the so-called popular vote than the Electoral College in that I would only campaign in 3 or 4 ... states instead of the 15 states that I visited. I would have won even more easily and convincingly (but smaller states are forgotten)!" he wrote.

To bolster his claims, Trump has cited a 2014 blog post in The Washington Post by the authors of a disputed study that estimated that "6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010." That study has faced intense scrutiny from election experts, with one analyst telling factcheck.org earlier this year, Their finding is entirely due to measurement error."

Trump's critics have argued that Clinton's popular vote victory raises questions about whether Trump has a solid mandate to govern.

AP_16317029793670.jpg

Can Paul Ryan actually privatize Medicare?

By DANNY VINIK

Trump took to Twitter earlier Sunday, before making assertions of voter fraud, to bash the Clinton campaign's decision to participate in the Green Party's call for a recount. "The Green Party scam to fill up their coffers by asking for impossible recounts is now being joined by the badly defeated & demoralized Dems," he tweeted Saturday.

While there is no evidence of such fraud, Clinton's campaign agreed to participate "in order to ensure the process proceeds in a manner that is fair to all sides."

The Obama administration has taken pains to bolster trust in the electoral system, with a senior administration official saying recently that the election results "accurately reflect the will of the American people."

Presidential historians said Trump's comments have little precedent.

Trump is the first winning candidate to question the legitimacy of the process that gave him the White House," said Timothy Naftali, a history professor at New York University.

Princeton historian Julian Zelizer noted that in 1876, both candidates for president Samuel J. Tilden and Rutherford B. Hayes claimed voter fraud. "But in that case, there was evidence of fraud and corruption in certain areas," he said in an email.

"In this case, we see the victor making blanket accusation of fraud to delegitimize 2.5 million votes," Zelizer said. "Given there is no evidence to support the claim, this is simply stunning and troubling as a sign as to what he will do as president."