harvardiv

Administrative Processing Questions (merged)

118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Age gap isn't the problem. Genuine relationship is showing lots of Photps hotel receipts different places you went. Length of stay photos with Family etc. Can always get married and file a CR1. They take longer but there are benefits to those as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ugh, my fiancé and I have a 13 year age gap. You should find out if they took her passport and if they gave a 221g form.

I think if they wanted additional evidence they would've told her at the interview what they wanted, instead of saying they'll give an answer in about 10 days. I know someone else interviewed in Kiev in October and were put on administrative processing for about two weeks and were approved.

Interesting, Were they skeptical during the interview? Was there some hint about what the issue was?

Timeline

The person didn't post about it. I just saw on their timeline they had interview, I think October 19 and were in Administrative Processing then I checked the end of October and their timeline changed to approved

Timeline

Wow, thanks. I just talked to an attorney and she said perhaps they have new agents in Kiev. So possibly some new less experienced agents. So if someone else ran into a snag in October that makes sense. Do you have their post so I can message them?

Thanks,

Chris

Timeline

If there's a followup interview, be sure to go with her. Our age gap is less than 10 years, and we had zero problems at the interview. The guy was actually nice, even the people who did the initial paperwork intake were extremely helpful.

Timeline

If there's a followup interview, be sure to go with her. Our age gap is less than 10 years, and we had zero problems at the interview. The guy was actually nice, even the people who did the initial paperwork intake were extremely helpful.

That might be a possibility, but it's a long flight just for that. Anyway, she told me just the opposite. They asked her very skeptical questions and then put it in review. So she got the feeling that there was something the agent didn't like. It all started, because we did not have phone records in the file. We both had decided to write instead after her phone broke.

Timeline

It is a long flight and an expensive trip, but do consider going if she has another interview - Ukraine is in a state of war at present and it is plausible that immigration officials are especially skeptical there at the moment (particularly if she lives in the eastern parts). I suspect if you had Skype logs that would be okay, because that was the primary means my now wife and I used to communicate. And I did print out a list of Skype calls which showed the duration. But if they specifically mentioned telephone calls, then get her a new phone and start talking. :)

Timeline

It is a long flight and an expensive trip, but do consider going if she has another interview - Ukraine is in a state of war at present and it is plausible that immigration officials are especially skeptical there at the moment (particularly if she lives in the eastern parts). I suspect if you had Skype logs that would be okay, because that was the primary means my now wife and I used to communicate. And I did print out a list of Skype calls which showed the duration. But if they specifically mentioned telephone calls, then get her a new phone and start talking. :)

We don't know what it is at this time, until they make their decision.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Do you have logs from instant messaging? Or only e-mails?

Went through K-1 (I-129F) AOS (I-485) EAD (I-765) AP (I-131) processes. Thanks to the Visa Journey community for their help and support!

Timeline

Do you have logs from instant messaging? Or only e-mails?

Nope, I still use a flip phone. I don't just follow the crowd and do I-;phones just because.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

OK so did they or didn't they keep the passport?

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They kept it, but why does that matter? I think it's normal procedure to keep it.

It's normal procedure to keep it when they plan to issue a visa with it. If they gave it back to her at the interview it would be more likely indicating a denial.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.