1,501 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, WarisShahid said:

Mine is CSC, is there a specific reason why CSC is very slow as compare to other service centers ?

and Yes everyone should update their timeline. Mine is updated with what i got till now :)

CSC is overload and they have a legit reason to delay F2A. The visa bulletin currently calls for a 2 years wait.

So, they say better they slow down and process more urgent petitions than F2A than we wait for 6 months at NVC stage.

It drives us crazy as waiting kills, but their argument, that the visa bulletin anyhow calls for a 2 year wait can be understood if they are overload.

Other service center seem to have less work.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Michael2017 said:

CSC is overload and they have a legit reason to delay F2A. The visa bulletin currently calls for a 2 years wait.

So, they say better they slow down and process more urgent petitions than F2A than we wait for 6 months at NVC stage.

It drives us crazy as waiting kills, but their argument, that the visa bulletin anyhow calls for a 2 year wait can be understood if they are overload.

Other service center seem to have less work.

so its mean that doesn't make any difference if CSC approves in 6 months or 1 year because the visa bulletin wait is currently 2 years?

and if lets wait CSC approves in 6 months then NVC will not start processing the case untill the PD is about to get current?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, WarisShahid said:

so its mean that doesn't make any difference if CSC approves in 6 months or 1 year because the visa bulletin wait is currently 2 years?

and if lets wait CSC approves in 6 months then NVC will not start processing the case untill the PD is about to get current?

Exactly. NVC will start when you are current on Chart B. So, you will always wait same long for your visa, no matter if CSC approves in 3 months or 1 year.

PD Nov 2, 2017, F2A

I have read all the posts here and found that it is a great place for people to share their experience. I started searching the processing time after I filed my application and here is my two cents that I would like to share with you guys to make you feel better. 

At very first place I felt very unlucky that my application has been processed by CSC, since their processing time looks way longer than other SCs. After looking into the data that USCIS posts online, I, however, think that it is just how I-130 for this class works and please expect it would take around a year or so to process. Here is some Q3 2017 data from USCIS, as you can see, CSC received the most all other relative petitions while other SCs mainly deal with I-130 petitions from immediate relative petitions, which means petitions from U.S citizens. Therefore, it totally makes sense that CSC needs much longer time to process our I-130 petitions. As long as it can catch the chart B on Visa Bulletin, CSC has no motivation to rush our cases. So, please do not feel panic when CSC is processing our cases, I believe most people with our similar case have to wait that long. That being said, please use chart B as the estimation time, which I think you will most likely hear back from USCIS when your PD is approaching the date on chart B. Last but not least, please keep updating here when you have any news. 

Immediate Relative Petitions   All Other Relative Petitions         
    Received Approved  Denied  Pending  Received   Approved  Denied  Pending
California WSC 401 793 315 6,654 59,633 4,903 1,560 636,423
Nebraska NSC 26,567 29,758 2,403 93,720 392 727 266 2,246
Texas SSC 41,384 25,613 884 84,819 702 635 174 1,709
Vermont ESC                D  204 966 5,299  D  460 1,631 137,501
Potomac YSC 16,808 13,601 755 37,785 262 356 34 389

Filed: H-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

PD Mar 24, 2017

can someone explain to me what is the next step after i130 is approved? My understanding is that we have to wait for the pd to be current but I am not sure which date from the bulletin should I look for?

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2018/visa-bulletin-for-december-2017.html

A.  FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED
     PREFERENCE CASES
or 
B.  DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED
     VISA APPLICATIONS

Based on this page, PD should be compared to B ?

https://www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo

Filed: H-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dee elle said:

on ths first page of the visa bulletin link each month, it will tell you which of the 2 tables to use to see where processing is currently.. for November, it  says

Current Month’s Adjustment of Status Filing Charts

For Family-Sponsored Filings:
You must use the Dates for Filing chart in the Department of State Visa Bulletin for November 2017.

For Employment-Based Preference Filings:
You must use the Final Action Dates chart in the Department of State Visa Bulletin for November 2017.

so for F2A being family based, you use the Date for filing chart, and your PD from the I130 NOA 1 is your filing date... 

I am assuming you are filing for someone who  is overseas? if yes, then the next step is for the petition to be  sent to the NVC. The following link will give you a thorough explaination of the NVC process. 

travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/family-preference.html

Thanks!

looks like with CSC taking a year to process I-130. The dates in the Visa Bulletin for F2A is about a year behind. It means there is pretty much no wait time between I130 approval and applying for Adjustment of status correct?

Timeline
On 11/16/2017 at 6:49 PM, yl958 said:

PD Nov 2, 2017, F2A

I have read all the posts here and found that it is a great place for people to share their experience. I started searching the processing time after I filed my application and here is my two cents that I would like to share with you guys to make you feel better. 

At very first place I felt very unlucky that my application has been processed by CSC, since their processing time looks way longer than other SCs. After looking into the data that USCIS posts online, I, however, think that it is just how I-130 for this class works and please expect it would take around a year or so to process. Here is some Q3 2017 data from USCIS, as you can see, CSC received the most all other relative petitions while other SCs mainly deal with I-130 petitions from immediate relative petitions, which means petitions from U.S citizens. Therefore, it totally makes sense that CSC needs much longer time to process our I-130 petitions. As long as it can catch the chart B on Visa Bulletin, CSC has no motivation to rush our cases. So, please do not feel panic when CSC is processing our cases, I believe most people with our similar case have to wait that long. That being said, please use chart B as the estimation time, which I think you will most likely hear back from USCIS when your PD is approaching the date on chart B. Last but not least, please keep updating here when you have any news. 

Immediate Relative Petitions   All Other Relative Petitions         
    Received Approved  Denied  Pending  Received   Approved  Denied  Pending
California WSC 401 793 315 6,654 59,633 4,903 1,560 636,423
Nebraska NSC 26,567 29,758 2,403 93,720 392 727 266 2,246
Texas SSC 41,384 25,613 884 84,819 702 635 174 1,709
Vermont ESC                D  204 966 5,299  D  460 1,631 137,501
Potomac YSC 16,808 13,601 755 37,785 262 356 34 389

That make sense, Thank you so much for detailed explanation. 

i have one confusion, by chart B you mean( DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATIONS) i.e. 01NOV16 for F2A(Nov17 Visa bulletin)?

its means thats NVC already started to process the cases which are priority date of 01NOV16 or earlier? 

and what about Chart  A.  FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY- PREFERENCE CASES

its 15NOV15 now a days, what this represents ? 

My PD is 17May17, when i can expect the completion of case suppose if everything will go smoothly.?

Regards
Waris

Timeline
23 hours ago, WarisShahid said:

That make sense, Thank you so much for detailed explanation. 

i have one confusion, by chart B you mean( DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATIONS) i.e. 01NOV16 for F2A(Nov17 Visa bulletin)?

its means thats NVC already started to process the cases which are priority date of 01NOV16 or earlier? 

and what about Chart  A.  FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY- PREFERENCE CASES

its 15NOV15 now a days, what this represents ? 

My PD is 17May17, when i can expect the completion of case suppose if everything will go smoothly.?

Regards
Waris

Can anyone answer this ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.