1,501 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, srajeevan said:

Filing date in the latest visa bulletin moved up and it is a significant change.It was on Jan 2018 on May 2019 visa bulletin and in the visa bulletin published yesterday for June 2019,the filing date for F2A category jumped to March 2019.

Yeah definitely, its a huge jump in the filing date but unless the petition is approved from USCIS, this date has no meaning. The final action action date is now July 15, 2017, which is also a move of 2 months from the previous bulletin.  Hopefully, it keeps moving at the same rate for the months to come. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
29 minutes ago, ABHM said:

Yeah definitely, its a huge jump in the filing date but unless the petition is approved from USCIS, this date has no meaning. The final action action date is now July 15, 2017, which is also a move of 2 months from the previous bulletin.  Hopefully, it keeps moving at the same rate for the months to come. 

Those who are already in USA(similar to my case) on other visa can apply for i-485,i-765 and Advance Parole, if their PD is current with the latest filing date jump.

Edited by srajeevan

2 hours ago, SC97 said:

Any idea why the visa bulletin jumped 2 months? I'm not complaining. Just curious as to how this year is doing so well compared to recent years. 

Because USCIS bottlenecks the petitions. June and July filers can't even take advantage of this jump since they are not done with NVC.. or not even approved. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
6 hours ago, Weebee said:

Because USCIS bottlenecks the petitions. June and July filers can't even take advantage of this jump since they are not done with NVC.. or not even approved. 

Absolutely right. My PD is 25 July 2017, and still not approved while my priority date is going to be current next month. How is that even possible ?

16 hours ago, srajeevan said:

Those who are already in USA(similar to my case) on other visa can apply for i-485,i-765 and Advance Parole, if their PD is current with the latest filing date jump.

Exactly.

This drastic change will probably positively affect my husband's case. He's in US on his H1B and our priority date is in October 2018.

We're just waiting for information whether USCIS will allow using "Dates for Filling" for Adjustment of Status in June 2019. I pray they will - we would be set!

Edited by Marta777

I think once NVC has enough approved petitions flowing in from USCIS, they might slow down the progress of the final action dates based on what I have seen in past trends. I would say a safe bet right now would be a 24-27 months window to get the visa from the priority date. Plus another factor that maybe at play is lower number of applications this year, if you see the visa statistics from last year, the number of visas given for the F2a category in FY 2018 was lower as compared to prior years, so FY19 might be even lower, who knows. Hopefully, any changes or progression works out for the applicants's benefit.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Marta777 said:

Exactly.

This drastic change will probably positively affect my husband's case. He's in US on his H1B and our priority date is in October 2018.

We're just waiting for information whether USCIS will allow using "Dates for Filling" for Adjustment of Status in June 2019. I pray they will - we would be set!

@Marta777 :What category your husband is in?F2A?

On 5/15/2019 at 4:54 PM, srajeevan said:

On 5/16/2019 at 10:37 AM, Marta777 said:

Yes.

And I just checked visa bulletin - they allow to use Dates for Filling for June 2019.

THANK YOU GOD!

Hi all, do we still need to maintain status even after filing adjustment of status? Please advise. Thank you 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/5/2019 at 1:30 AM, Ahmadk100 said:

Hello Everyone, 

I130, F2A Permanent resident filing for my spouse 

Center: California Service Center

Priority Date : 12/20/2016

I130 not approved yet!!! I submitted the online e-request couple times and received the same reply below: 

Thank you for your inquiry. We recognize your interest in the final adjudication of your pending application/petition and are aware of the difficulties caused by any delay in processing. We regret we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will review your case but the California Service Center is committed to processing this workload. We will be making every effort to adjudicate your case in the most efficient manner based on our available resources. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Please advise...

Any update on your case?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, i am new at this forum. i wanted to know regarding the visa bulletin dates, as they appear two. one is March 2018 and other is july 2017. what is the difference between these two. also wanted to know how long the whole process takes till the stamp for visa. My PD is feb 2019 California center F2A , ik its to early to ask, but just wana know how long the whole process takes and if some one can tell me in breaks like how long to get approved. once approved how long is the wait, and how long to getting the visa or embassy interview. i rely appreciate your help. thank you.

6 hours ago, shumail said:

Hi, i am new at this forum. i wanted to know regarding the visa bulletin dates, as they appear two. one is March 2018 and other is july 2017. what is the difference between these two. also wanted to know how long the whole process takes till the stamp for visa. My PD is feb 2019 California center F2A , ik its to early to ask, but just wana know how long the whole process takes and if some one can tell me in breaks like how long to get approved. once approved how long is the wait, and how long to getting the visa or embassy interview. i rely appreciate your help. thank you

First chart available visa and second chart adjustment status you (your spouse inside USA) 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
18 hours ago, osmosesnew said:

Any update on your case?

The last 2 online requests that i submitted had the same below reply:

Your case is currently delayed because the required security checks are still pending. We cannot make a decision on your case until we receive the results of these security checks. 

So i dont know how long do i still have to wait for this security check to be completed!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.