enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
2 hours ago, thrashunreal said:

I submitted a service request on May 2nd that has yet to be looked at! GRR COME THE F ON USCIS! Any San Antonio K1 to i485 approvals in here?

We moved to Corpus last month from Tennessee. I think we will be in San Antonio. Haven't heard anything. 

2-24-16 Petition Sent

2-29-16 Petition Received, Lewisville, TX

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

7-19-16 NVC Case Number Received

7-20-16 NVC Status changed to in route

7-21-16 NVC Status changed to Ready

8-07-16 Packet 3 Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

8-12-16 Packet 4 Received

8-15-16 Medical Interview

9-06-16 Interview

9-06-16 Additional Documents request

9-29-16 CEAC Status Issued - Approved!

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

1 hour ago, Davidblunt said:

I had my interview on April 29th and still have not heard anything.

The made an RFE straight away which was responded to in days.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

My lawyer said they have four months before we can chase them.

We also received a RFE at the interview. Based on an InfoPass appointment, we were told the IO waits until the "call up date" to go into the fileroom at the Chicago field office to see if we responded to the RFE. Per research, the call up date is usually a few days after the time passes for which you to send the response - about 87 days is typical. Our interview was 3/21 and our expected call up date was mid June. We had a congressman intervene and were approved 8 days after the email was sent. But otherwise it really is a waiting game. In the RFE notice, it would have stated by which date you have to respond.

2 minutes ago, chicago1987 said:

We also received a RFE at the interview. Based on an InfoPass appointment, we were told the IO waits until the "call up date" to go into the fileroom at the Chicago field office to see if we responded to the RFE. Per research, the call up date is usually a few days after the time passes for which you to send the response - about 87 days is typical. Our interview was 3/21 and our expected call up date was mid June. We had a congressman intervene and were approved 8 days after the email was sent. But otherwise it really is a waiting game. In the RFE notice, it would have stated by which date you have to respond.

My interview was also at the Chicago field office!

Can you give me any advice on how to get a congressman involved please?

Thank you.

Just now, Davidblunt said:

My interview was also at the Chicago field office!

Can you give me any advice on how to get a congressman involved please?

Thank you.

You have to research who your congressman is. And then you send an email to their office. But they will only act on your behalf if there is a legitimate need to expedite the case. Otherwise they will say that it is well within processing times. Only the congressman in your specific area (where your home address is) can act on your behalf. Depends on the congressman, but some may or may not want to reach out to USCIS. 

Just now, chicago1987 said:

What was your RFE for?

Missing police certificate and, for some bizarre reason, our prenuptial agreement.

The IO asked if we had one. We said yes. She asked for a full copy. 

She he also asked if it said anything about immigration in it - which was odd. Of course it doesn't!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, Davidblunt said:

Missing police certificate and, for some bizarre reason, our prenuptial agreement.

The IO asked if we had one. We said yes. She asked for a full copy. 

She he also asked if it said anything about immigration in it - which was odd. Of course it doesn't!

Sorry to butt in here. But I never made a Pre nuptial agreement. Are these common? Hope they don't asked for one.  USCIS do ask for some crazy stuff sometimes.

24 minutes ago, Dublindave said:

Sorry to butt in here. But I never made a Pre nuptial agreement. Are these common? Hope they don't asked for one.  USCIS do ask for some crazy stuff sometimes.

They have absolutely nothing to do with this process.

If you or your wife have significant assets, you might consider one.

Again; they really none of USCIS' business.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Davidblunt said:

They have absolutely nothing to do with this process.

If you or your wife have significant assets, you might consider one.

Again; they really none of USCIS' business.

That is SO weird that they would not only ask for it, but also ask if there is any provisions regarding immigration in there.

53 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

That is SO weird that they would not only ask for it, but also ask if there is any provisions regarding immigration in there.

Agreed!

The IO was new to the job as she was being observed by another IO.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
On 5/9/2017 at 2:14 AM, Dave87 said:

Hi Everyone.

an update on my parents AOS from a B1/B2

Filed 11/16

EAD Approved 03/08

EAD received 03/14

I485 status since received was "Fingerprint Fee Received" it never changed to anything and I was hoping for the best

Today, 05/08, they're I-485 was Approved and interview waived! Couldn't be happier, I had a good feeling that it had never changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview"

This is the end of the process, I'll send an update on here when they receive the GC

Hope all November filers are getting to the finish line as well

11/10/17 - Card was mailed to me

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Laos
Timeline
On 5/8/2017 at 9:47 PM, Mthldou said:

If you're adjusting from K1 then there's a good chance you won't need an interview. I'm adjusting from F1 so I will need an interview. 

Same here. F1 too

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys sorry for disappearing again. But kinda being busy with so many doctor`s appointment.

But we`re getting a co sponsor now and hoping this will work this time. At least I got my work permit now.

My timeline:

I-129 sent: March 21, 2016 - SENT

NOA1: March 30, 2016 - RECEIVED

NOA2: June 14, 2016 - RECEIVED

NVC: July 15, 2016 - CASE NUMBER RECEIVED

MEDICAL: August 17, 2016 - DONE

INTERVIEW: August 23, 2016 - APPROVED!! :dancing:

POE: September 6, 2016 - IAH :D - final destination - CHICAGO O'HARE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.