enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Thanks a lot for your support :luv:

Let's see what the future holds, but I'm currently worried about keeping bills current. I had a 2 months delay before I was able to send the paperwork that I hadn't accounted for, savings running out and bills coming, but all I can do right now is wait. Illegals in this state get protection and welfare and we get red tape instead, doesn't sound fair at all, but there's nothing in my power to be done right now.

That's what we're here for :)

I guess save on what you can.... there's a lot of cup noodles being consumed over here atm ;)

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's what we're here for :)

I guess save on what you can.... there's a lot of cup noodles being consumed over here atm ;)

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything gets better

Thanks you both, much appreciated :)

I belive we are all going through financial loss due to this step.

Now if something in the expedite criteria effected the USC then it becomes a USCIS concern.

Edited by Catuela

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you! And you too :)

Yes lol it feels almost like when you buy alcohol and they might or might not ask for your ID! Hahahaha :D

You're absolutely correct! We cant really tell what else they would need coz they sometimes ask for stuff thats not even listed on their website or letter.. Anyways, now lets hope everything goes smoothly and we'll get a notification for an interview appointment sooner or hopefully they'll just waived it lol but considering the upcoming christmas holiday we may not get any notification until January :)

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have a quick question =), someone knows what I can do if I want to change my name on the green card (if they approved of curse =/). I dont know if is better to change it before or after.

Thank you!

Edited by Ani89

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got a letter in the mail today.

"Due to the high volume of expedites for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria (..). While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need. (...) burden is on applicant to demonstrade that his/her case meets one of the following expedite criteria:

[lists criteria from the website]

If you believe that your case meets one of these, please send your request with supporting documentation to the attention of:

[field office director's address]

(...) We apologize for the delay.

We hope this information if helpful to you."

So, denied. Bye, job. Should have gone with CR1, I'd never do K1 again.

Im sorry, I understand where your coming from. I also initially ask my husband if we can put a request to expedite our application for the reason that my eldest is close to age out and secondly I want to be able to work sooner so I can help my husband with our finances, coz right now he is the only one supporting me and our 5 kids. We are also really stretching everything out since he filed and paid for total of 6 applications altogether. And this whole process is not only stressfull but also emotionally and financially draining :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Got our emails and texts last night! Here's hoping for a smooth and speedy process.

Pamela the U.S. Petitioner

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

K-1 Visa Journey AOS Journey

Feb 09, 2016: Sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox Nov 21, 2016: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

Feb 11, 2016: Dallas Lockbox Received I-129f (sent to CSC)

Feb 17, 2016: Received NOA1 Email

Feb 22, 2016: Received NOA1 Hard Copy

Mar 09, 2016: Received Vaccinations

Apr 11, 2016: Received RFE Email

Apr 18, 2016: Received RFE Hard Copy

Apr 18, 2016: Sent Reply for RFE

Apr 19, 2016: CSC Received RFE Reply

May 11, 2016: Received NOA2 Email (85 days)

May 16, 2016: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Jun 02, 2016: NVC Received our Case

Jun 03, 2016: Received Case Number

Jun 06, 2016: Medical

Jun 07, 2016: Case Left NVC for Embassy

Jun 09, 2016: Embassy Received Case "Ready"

Aug 02, 2016: Interview!!! APPROVED!!!!!

Aug 18, 2016: Visa Issued

Aug 25, 2016: POE JFK New York City

Aug 26, 2016: MARRIED!! :wub: (L) :dancing:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank God!! I was starting to worry and patience was something I didnt have. They received the package more thank two weeks ago. And I just got the email and text message saying that they accepted the package. It was about time! Also it was almost accurate...10 business days are what they are taking...and because of Thanksgiving I guess they were delayed for one day. I am so happy!!!

AOS

Date Event
11-16-2016 AOS package sent (i-485, 1-765, 1-864, g-325a)
11-21-2016 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox. *Day 0*
12-08-2016 NOA1's by text (@ 11:59 pm ET) *Day 17*
12-15-2016 NOA1 hard copies in mail *Day 24*
12-23-2016 Biometrics appointment in mail *Day 32*
01-06-2017 Biometrics done *Day 46*
03-02-2017 EAD is now being produced! yay!! *Day 101*
03-010-2017 EAD in mail! *Day 109*

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello everyone! I sent my paperwork on Nov 21st via USPS and it arrived on Nov 26th. The check was cashed on Dec 2nd and even though I attached the G1145 I haven't gotten any notification through email or text message. Is it normal for them to ignore it? Just being paranoid. Thank you!

Hello! I didnt see a reply so I wanted to let you know that I sent it the 16th and it arrived on the 21st. And finally today I just got the Notificatiom via email and text. So just be patient, they are still "on time"

AOS

Date Event
11-16-2016 AOS package sent (i-485, 1-765, 1-864, g-325a)
11-21-2016 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox. *Day 0*
12-08-2016 NOA1's by text (@ 11:59 pm ET) *Day 17*
12-15-2016 NOA1 hard copies in mail *Day 24*
12-23-2016 Biometrics appointment in mail *Day 32*
01-06-2017 Biometrics done *Day 46*
03-02-2017 EAD is now being produced! yay!! *Day 101*
03-010-2017 EAD in mail! *Day 109*

Hello! I didnt see a reply so I wanted to let you know that I sent it the 16th and it arrived on the 21st. And finally today I just got the Notificatiom via email and text. So just be patient, they are still "on time"

Thank you very much! You have definitely helped me calm down :D

Wx9dm6.png

AOS:

2016-11-21 Filed AOS, AP, EAD

2016-12-19 NOA1 Hardcopy received

2017-03-09 EAD and AP approved

2017-09-15 Green card approved, interview waived

ROC:

2019-08-12 Filed ROC (one day shipping)

2019-08-13 Application received at Lewisville, TX

2019-08-16 Received case number

2019-11-13 Biometrics appointment (Lubbock, TX)

2020-05-14 Case approved, interview waived

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I belive we are all going through financial loss due to this step.

Now if something in the expedite criteria effected the USC then it becomes a USCIS concern.

Being married to a USC, a financial loss to the beneficiary is a direct loss to the USC as well. They simply don't care. It's government bureaucracy, after all.

I have a quick question =), someone knows what I can do if I want to change my name on the green card (if they approved of curse =/). I dont know if is better to change it before or after.

Thank you!

To change your name on the green card, you need proof (marriage certificate or court order) and file form I-90. You have to pay it's fee which is A LOT, so if you can apply in your new name from the beginning, that would be preferable.

Im sorry, I understand where your coming from. I also initially ask my husband if we can put a request to expedite our application for the reason that my eldest is close to age out and secondly I want to be able to work sooner so I can help my husband with our finances, coz right now he is the only one supporting me and our 5 kids. We are also really stretching everything out since he filed and paid for total of 6 applications altogether. And this whole process is not only stressfull but also emotionally and financially draining :(

Yeah, it's definitely a process for those with significant resources. I regret doing K-1 instead of CR-1, but hindsight is 20/20. At the time I was worried about ending the separation and made the wrong decision, now I have to suck it up.

Got our emails and texts last night! Here's hoping for a smooth and speedy process.

Congratulations!!

Thank God!! I was starting to worry and patience was something I didnt have. They received the package more thank two weeks ago. And I just got the email and text message saying that they accepted the package. It was about time! Also it was almost accurate...10 business days are what they are taking...and because of Thanksgiving I guess they were delayed for one day. I am so happy!!!

Great, congrats!

Finally! Received texts and email today at 9:22 PM.

It honestly felt like forever.

Congrats!!

Got a letter in the mail today.

"Due to the high volume of expedites for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria (..). While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need. (...) burden is on applicant to demonstrade that his/her case meets one of the following expedite criteria:

[lists criteria from the website]

If you believe that your case meets one of these, please send your request with supporting documentation to the attention of:

[field office director's address]

(...) We apologize for the delay.

We hope this information if helpful to you."

So, denied. Bye, job. Should have gone with CR1, I'd never do K1 again.

Sending your supporting docs with the aos packet won't count. You should just send the docs again to the address they said

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.