dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2016

795 posts in this topic

Just hang up with nvc right now, they said that they are back logged on the mail since July documents are not being reviewed in a timely manner. They sent our case to supervisor's review now since it's been 6 weeks and still no cc. When they said it's in document review, is that a good thing or not?

Just hang up with nvc right now, they said that they are back logged on the mail since July documents are not being reviewed in a timely manner. They sent our case to supervisor's review now since it's been 6 weeks and still no cc. When they said it's in document review, is that a good thing or not?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I finally saw 3 N/A's on Friday and talked to someone who said my case was complete, so they definitely worked on Friday!! Here are the details of my "fun" at the NVC:

July 18 - Received welcome letter from the NVC

July 20 - Paid AOS and IV fees

July 23 - Submitted DS-260

Aug 2 - Scan date for the initial submission

Sept 9 - NVC sent a checklist - 5 weeks + 2 days from scan

Sept 20 - Our case was sent to Supervisor review at 7 weeks after scan.. not sure why they did that given they were waiting on a checklist

Sept 28 - Scan date from our response to checklist

Nov 10 - Put on Supervisor review - 6 weeks + 1 day from scan (I called them to ask them to put me in Supervisor review)

Nov 25 - Saw 3 N/As so called the NVC. They said case complete and to wait for the email with directions for the interview, etc - 2 weeks + 1 day after supervisor review which is 8 weeks + 2 days after checklist scan date

18 weeks + 4 days from welcome letter to case complete... wow... 4+ months.

Hope everyone gets a CC soon too!!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I finally saw 3 N/A's on Friday and talked to someone who said my case was complete, so they definitely worked on Friday!! Here are the details of my "fun" at the NVC:

Sept 20 - Our case was sent to Supervisor review at 7 weeks after scan.. not sure why they did that given they were waiting on a checklist

Nov 10 - Put on Supervisor review - 6 weeks + 1 day from scan (I called them to ask them to put me in Supervisor review)

Nov 25 - Saw 3 N/As so called the NVC. They said case complete and to wait for the email with directions for the interview, etc - 2 weeks + 1 day after supervisor review which is 8 weeks + 2 days after checklist scan date

Congratulations! Hope you get your interview date soon. That was a long wait.

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): April 28 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: May 7, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: July 6, 2016 (60 days from NOA1) :dancing:
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: July 18, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 3, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 3, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 4, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 4, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 5, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 5, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 10, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 12, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 20, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via Express Mail Singapore Post): September 23, 2016
Scan date: September 29,2016

3 NA in CEAC site: October 17, 2016 :dancing:
CC through phone: October 17, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 24, 2016

Case "in transit": November 8,2016

Case "ready": November 17,2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: November 1, 2016

Medical (Singapore): November 11, 2016

Medical Sent to consulate: November 25, 2016

Interview Date: December 27, 2016

Interview Result: 221g for missing documents

Submit Documents: January 17, 2017

First Update: January 19, 2017

Submit Documents 2nd time : January 22, 2017 ( Approaching Chinese New Year )

Second Update : Feb 2, 2017

Ceac Status AP: until February 5, 2017

Ceac Status ISSUED: February 6, 2017

Visa ON HAND: February 7, 2017

POE: Philadelphia International Airport

US Entry: Feb 24, 2017

SS # received : Mar. 11, 2017

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations Tamago. Very happy for you. Glad we communicated one day before the 3 N/A. I hope mine get the Go signal. I have put it on supervisor review since November 22.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats, wish u the best in the coming.

And a soon cc for everyone else

I wonder if they're ever not backlogged... Glad they put your case in supervisor review now :). I'm pretty sure document review is a good thing because it means they're actually looking at them instead of letting them collect dust.

Oh my, that's loooong! Must be so good it's all over now! Hopefully you'll get a January interview!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline

It starts when your file is complete and they have all documents and also the DS-260 and all fees paid. Only when you have ticked all those boxes will they start your review clock since the documents are required to verify the DS-260. I was told by an agent that it's called 'matching'. So they go through the DS-260 you've submitted and if you state you were born on January 1, 1970 in Paris then they look through your documents to find a birth certificate that shows you were born on January 1, 1970 in Paris. That's a match. On to the next question and so on.

oh wow...now i'm annoyed. I called the NVC and spoke to 2 people who said i should wait to fill out the ds-260 (because i'm changing embassies) and they also said my count down starts on my scan date..but you're saying the count down starts when they have everything (fees paid, ds-260, all packets, etc).

I already had the ds-260 filled out and ready to go but i went ahead and submitted it last night (after reading your post). i'll give them a call back monday to make sure they have everything and confirm my actual scan date. who trains these people? they have a different answer everytime you call!! ugh. :angry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

NEED HELP!!!!

My scan date is sep 27. They put it on supervisor review on Nov 7( aftr 6 weeks of scan date). I call them this friday too many times because I was so frustrated, one of the representatives put it second supervisor review on friday which is nov 23.. now i'm so pissed of and frustrated that it will slow my case.

CAN ANYONE FACE THE SAME SITUATION! DOES IT GOING TO SLOW OF PROCESS?

Filed: Timeline

Okay I am totally confused. My AOS and IV packages are now in USPS postal office in Portsmouth, and they will be at NVC tomorrow, however Ive just got a mail from NVC titled "NVC Notice of Missing Item for XXX".

They are telling that they got my documents but AOS and civil documents are missing. Hows that possible?

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay I am totally confused. My AOS and IV packages are now in USPS postal office in Portsmouth, and they will be at NVC tomorrow, however Ive just got a mail from NVC titled "NVC Notice of Missing Item for XXX".

They are telling that they got my documents but AOS and civil documents are missing. Hows that possible?

You must've done your DS-260 already and their looking at your case and don't see the documents. Lol, but it is funny and crazy how they sent you and email about it already ?????.

Filed: Timeline

You must've done your DS-260 already and their looking at your case and don't see the documents. Lol, but it is funny and crazy how they sent you and email about it already ?????.

Well of course I've done DS-260, but that's strange, or just a technical mistake. My package is finally delivered to NVC an hour ago. I will call them soon to find out what was wrong with that email.

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Hello all my scan date was Sept 27th. I got put on Supervisor review on November 8th.

I receive an RFE on November 17th. :crying:

I forgot to date the AOS. I will mail express the new AOS today which NVC to receive tomorrow by noon. After they scan the document, I will call them tomorrow night and request a supervisor review. I hope I get CC soon.

Good luck to everyone.

Edited by hasmax80

NEED HELP!!!!

My scan date is sep 27. They put it on supervisor review on Nov 7( aftr 6 weeks of scan date). I call them this friday too many times because I was so frustrated, one of the representatives put it second supervisor review on friday which is nov 23.. now i'm so pissed of and frustrated that it will slow my case.

CAN ANYONE FACE THE SAME SITUATION! DOES IT GOING TO SLOW OF PROCESS?

I had the same scan as you and was put in supervisor review same as you. I recieved an RFE on Nov 17th. I guess it's a mystery on how NVC does it's review. Good luck and I hope you get your CC soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I was told to call back today for an update. I called NVC just now, waited for roughly 45 minutes only to be told to call again Monday if I don't hear anything by Friday. He didn't even want to put me on Sup Review. I don't know what else to do. I am sure we all feel this way after speaking with them and getting no where.

Scan date 10/17/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.