JimJesDuma

I-129F November 2016 Filers

3,358 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So a little update on ours. We ended up not filing a new I-129F petition because, as a pure shot in the dark, I emailed the US embassy in London asking if we could just go ahead and resume our case. They emailed back saying given the information furnished, to go right ahead and submit the DS-160. Apparently, according to a very knowledgeable friend of mine, the reason for this is because the I-129F was approved in the first place. If it was NOT approved and we withdrew it, we'd have to start again. But because it WAS approved - we can just pick up where we left off!

So anyways I submitted the DS-160 and the CEAC case status with the immigration box ticked (apparently this is what you do for K1) is showing the status as 'Ready' with the last update as 2 days ago! Gonna book medical and interview soon!

Congrats on your progress. You may want to fill out your timeline here on VJ.

Jim

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Timeline

I should have updated you all here. Received our NOA1 on November 14th via text message. :goofy:

Juan is still waiting for the hard copy letter to arrive to his home in CA.

Congratulations on the NOA 1 Text.

Your timeline for NOA 1 should be based upon the DATE that is on the hard copy which you won't know until you get it in the mail.

The good thing is once you update the timeline with this correct date then the VJ timeline will give you a more accurate estimate of when the I-129F may be approved.

It will be dated before the 14th probably the 10th but you will have to wait and see.

Great forum here to support each other. - Baby steps.

Jim

What service center is Mr.W&I's petition at since they got their NOA2, just out of curiosity? I cant figure out a way to find their username without searching throughout all of the forums

Hi LLAZ, they put Texas but this is incorrect. I'm sure it was CSC as that is where the USCIS is sending the bulk of them.

Mr. W-I even appears to live in Cali.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/246416-mr-w-i/

Jim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi LLAZ, they put Texas but this is incorrect. I'm sure it was CSC as that is where the USCIS is sending the bulk of them.

Mr. W-I even appears to live in Cali.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/246416-mr-w-i/

Jim

Lets hope they are at Cali! Faster we get the NOA2 faster we can move on with our lives :dancing:

Mi Amor & Me:

Met.... 1/2010 on my 1st trip to Chile!

Seven visits between 7/19/2015 - 7/9/2017 (Five me to Chile, Two him to USA)

Engaged .... 11/17/2015

K1/AOS Journey:

Spoiler

11/01/2016 .... I129F sent to Lewisville,TX

11/03/2016 .... I129F delivered/received

11/07/2016 .... NOA1 dated

11/08/2016 .... NOA1 text/email received

11/14/2016 .... NOA1 hardcopy received

04/07/2017 .... RFE notice on USCIS App
04/15/2017 .... RFE hardcopy received

04/20/2017 .... RFE response mailed
04/21/2017 .... RFE response received

06/05/2017 .... APPROVED!! (215 days) USCIS App still states RFE received

06/10/2017 .... NOA2 hardcopy received 
06/20/2017 .... NVC received & case number obtained

06/23/2017 .... Case left NVC

06/29/2017 .... Case received at Santiago embassy
07/21/2017 .... Interview

07/31/2017 .... Medical
08/14/2017 .... Visa in hand

08/28/2017 .... My love comes home! POE: ATL

10/21/2017 .... Wedding Day! ❤️

11/17/17 .... Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago Lockbox

11/20/17 .... Packet received

11/22/17 .... Case # received by text message

12/20/17 ... RFE recieved

1/10/18 ... RFE responded

3/1/18 ... EAD "New Card Being Produced" online (AP no change & no text)

3/6/18 ... EAD/AP card in mail

3/6/18 ... I-797 NOA hard copy received (EAD & AP)

4/2/18 ... Interview date

4/2/18 ... Approved!

ROC Journey

Spoiler

2/15/20 ..... Sent package to Phoenix, AZ

2/18/20 ..... Package received

What service center is Mr.W&I's petition at since they got their NOA2, just out of curiosity? I cant figure out a way to find their username without searching throughout all of the forums

We were transferred to California noa 1 was dated 24 October so it took 21 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

We were transferred to California noa 1 was dated 24 October so it took 21 days

Fabulous! Thanks for the clarification. Lets hope we all have the luck that you do! :)

Mi Amor & Me:

Met.... 1/2010 on my 1st trip to Chile!

Seven visits between 7/19/2015 - 7/9/2017 (Five me to Chile, Two him to USA)

Engaged .... 11/17/2015

K1/AOS Journey:

Spoiler

11/01/2016 .... I129F sent to Lewisville,TX

11/03/2016 .... I129F delivered/received

11/07/2016 .... NOA1 dated

11/08/2016 .... NOA1 text/email received

11/14/2016 .... NOA1 hardcopy received

04/07/2017 .... RFE notice on USCIS App
04/15/2017 .... RFE hardcopy received

04/20/2017 .... RFE response mailed
04/21/2017 .... RFE response received

06/05/2017 .... APPROVED!! (215 days) USCIS App still states RFE received

06/10/2017 .... NOA2 hardcopy received 
06/20/2017 .... NVC received & case number obtained

06/23/2017 .... Case left NVC

06/29/2017 .... Case received at Santiago embassy
07/21/2017 .... Interview

07/31/2017 .... Medical
08/14/2017 .... Visa in hand

08/28/2017 .... My love comes home! POE: ATL

10/21/2017 .... Wedding Day! ❤️

11/17/17 .... Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago Lockbox

11/20/17 .... Packet received

11/22/17 .... Case # received by text message

12/20/17 ... RFE recieved

1/10/18 ... RFE responded

3/1/18 ... EAD "New Card Being Produced" online (AP no change & no text)

3/6/18 ... EAD/AP card in mail

3/6/18 ... I-797 NOA hard copy received (EAD & AP)

4/2/18 ... Interview date

4/2/18 ... Approved!

ROC Journey

Spoiler

2/15/20 ..... Sent package to Phoenix, AZ

2/18/20 ..... Package received

Timeline

Ok peps I need some help.

Not sure if you all know but there is a timeline search / sort function here on VJ.

First it shows the most recent 15 case actions.

After that it is from Jan 1 to Jan 31 all the way to present.

Here is where I need help. I'm not sure if it is a problem with my web browser or with the website there but I can't seem to scroll down past August 2016.

I can't see October and November NOA 1's.

Can anyone here see the October and Nov dates?

Thanks

Jim

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=1&sortby=2

Click above.

It takes a while to load/populate but when it does it only shows about 2,340 cases going into August nothing for Oct / Nov.

Edited by JimJesDuma

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Ok peps I need some help.

Not sure if you all know but there is a timeline search / sort function here on VJ.

First it shows the most recent 15 case actions.

After that it is from Jan 1 to Jan 31 all the way to present.

Here is where I need help. I'm not sure if it is a problem with my web browser or with the website there but I can't seem to scroll down past August 2016.

I can't see October and November NOA 1's.

Can anyone here see the October and Nov dates?

Thanks

Jim

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=1&sortby=2

Click above.

It takes a while to load/populate but when it does it only shows about 2,340 cases going into August nothing for Oct / Nov.

Just tried it and it shows up to case# 2611 for me. Screenshot:

post-248220-0-91428500-1479456966_thumb.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome aboard J & T. Yes you are a November filer. I think that most go off of the NOA1 priority date. My filing date is the same as yours. Keep us updated on your status as you go through the process, it helps us all to see where other similar filers are.

I lived in music city for 3 years! Miss it sometimes.

Good luck on your journey!

Thank you, will do!

Hello. . I'm newbie here. Finally i found a topic and or read a post where a Fincee is from Philippines. I need some advice and help.

My Partner is already setting up on filing a petition for me to US. He is from California. But we want to make sure if ita possible for him to file it while im Here In Saudi Saudi Arabia. I am A filipina , im working here in Saudi for 2years and a Half as A Nurse.

We're gathering advices, opinions, and suggestions on whats best for us. ThankYou. Hoping for some replies. Coz he's planning to file it before November ends.

Hello. . I'm newbie here. Finally i found a topic and or read a post where a Fincee is from Philippines. I need some advice and help.

My Partner is already setting up on filing a petition for me to US. He is from California. But we want to make sure if ita possible for him to file it while im Here In Saudi Saudi Arabia. I am A filipina , im working here in Saudi for 2years and a Half as A Nurse.

We're gathering advices, opinions, and suggestions on whats best for us. ThankYou. Hoping for some replies. Coz he's planning to file it before November ends.

Hi Maria124! I'm in a similar situation as you but I am working in Singapore. I asked the Immigrant Visa Unit of the Singapore US embassy about that and they said that I can go apply for a k1 visa have as long as I am a holder of a valid employment pass (which makes me a legal resident here). I wanted to do it here in Singapore so I don't have to fly to the Philippines back and forth. I recommend you do the same and ask the consulate there what their regulations.

All the best! :)

Edited by isabelleyri

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Hello. ThankYou for the reply. Really appreciate it.

May i ask also if you did a notarize your letter of intent in Singapore? Or your fiancé did it in US? Thankyou

Oh I sent all the required paperwork that needed a real specimen of my signature from Singapore to the US. I believe those are the biographic information form, letter of intent, and also my proof of ongoing relationship (I made a document with our recent pictures together, plane tickets, receipts, pages of my passport when I visited him). And also my passport pictures. I believe that's everything I mailed to my fiance.

I don't know what you mean by notarized though? I don't think that's required?

Edited by isabelleyri

Coz my friend, told me to have my Letter of Intent Notarized by an attorney. Then a scan copy will be ok to send with my fiancé..? That's why I've been looking for opinions from ones with experiences. ThankYou

Hmm..well from my researches of what other people did, most signed their own letters of intent. I haven't come across a case where they had it notarized by an attorney.

I believe they don't accept scanned copies. They will check if the form was signed by pen/ink.

To be safe just sign all the forms and mail them to your fiance. Use fedex or dhl so he gets them faster. And if you're still not sure, try reading the thread about k1 visa general info and steps pinned at the k1 visa forums main page. :)

Hope I was able to help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.