JimJesDuma

I-129F November 2016 Filers

3,358 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ybhamster said:

I agree with Jim, most of our lives are on hold. If your fiance was here and you are together than there would be no issue with waiting, but alas most of us are not fortunate enough to have that be the case.This is probably premature, but has anyone contacted their Congressperson regarding the slowdown or processing of their application? I have worked with mine in the past on different issues as well as him living down the block from me. I was wondering if it would be wise to ask about it even though it is within the "five month" processing period. Not exactly asking for expedition, but regarding what the priorities are right now and when we may see some processing gusto again. 

This sounds like a great idea. Please ask him and let us know. Everyone who can ask their representative please do. I am the beneficiary though this account is run by my fiance who is my sponsor and me, so i cant help in this exercise

Frank

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

11/12/2016------- Met in person again

11/14/2016------- Got engaged

12/01/2016------ I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/05/2016------ NOA 1 Text message

12/08/2016------ NOA 1 Hard copy

03/08/2017------ NOA 2 On USCIS website

03/21/2017------ NVC Recieves

03/22/2017------ Case # assigned and sent to Embassy 

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would like to follow up on the hypothesis that the fee increase is partly responsible. Does anyone know the rationale for the such a huge markup? Was such an increase reflective of increased processing time, or a desire to speed up the process by hiring more officers? 

• 01/03/17 --- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
  • 01/04/17 --- Delivered at Dallas lockbox
  • 01/12/17 --- NOA1 text and email 
  • 01/12/17 --- NOA1 date on hard copy notice
  • 04/28/17 --- NOA2 notification
  • 05/16/17 --- NVC received date
  • 05/17/17 --  NVC case # 
  • 05/19/17 --  NVC file on transit
  • 05/22/17 --- Embassy Instructions via email
  • 06/20/17 --- Interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The fee increases were the first in the last six years. USCIS stated that it was to cover current administrative costs and limited future investment. The reason given for the K1 visa increase was that there are income requirements and no waivers permitted for K1 petitioners and therefore they should be able to afford the privilege of going through this process as opposed to the I-130 process. Here is the link to the USCIS explanation to the American people justifying the increase: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2016/10/24/2016-25328/us-citizenship-and-immigration-services-fee-schedule#h-54

11/18/16 - I-129F Package sent!

11/19/16 - Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/28/16 - NOA1 SMS/Email - Routed to CSC

12/02/16 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

Timeline
22 minutes ago, kasu06 said:

I would like to follow up on the hypothesis that the fee increase is partly responsible. Does anyone know the rationale for the such a huge markup? Was such an increase reflective of increased processing time, or a desire to speed up the process by hiring more officers? 

Hard to say.. I know that filling fee in 2007... 2009 was $455 and back then you had to wait 5-8 month just between noa1 and noa2. So price isn't a reflection of USCIS efficiency. Prior to 2007 it seems like it cost $170, read this thread:

They discussed reasons why 129f filling fee went up from $170 to $455.  

And as you see it now, the December filers (the one the filed after 25th) will probably have to wait 3-4 months till their NOA2 unless USCIS does something.

Maybe.. it's just an investment for new efficient ways of handling our documents via technology. That be really nice. If USCIS would be able to send documents to NVC in a matter of seconds (online) and then NVC can send it to Consulate also online. That would cut down the process down by 2-3 weeks. (wishful thinking..)

Edited by vogann

i-751 SRC timeline:

Spoiler
  • 10-30-2019:  I-751 packet received
  • 12-??-2019:   Missed bio appointment 
  • 01-??-2020:   Missed bio appointment 
  • 03-10-2020:  Biometrics completed
  • 03-11-2020:  Case status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”
  • 05-28-2020:  Case status changed to “New Card Is Being Produced” 
  • 05-29-2020:  Case status changed to “Case Was Approved”  

Timeline
10 hours ago, KF & OS said:

Yes, including other factors like increasing the USCIS fees which made many people file early, US ambassador appointees of Obama having to leave office at the close of his term thereby causing a backlog at the NVC and the consulates. I think we need people to start making some noise to their representatives. Its also possible that CSC is also giving priority to N-400 still because of the uncertainty surrounding a Trump Admin. They may reason that we K-1 and CR1 cases have not much to worry about so we can wait even 7 months, its pathetic 

Here is what the poster from 2013 who pulled up all the DACA vs I-129F data said. He and others believe that contacting senators for this specific issue really does not help as once you get you NOA 2. We forget about the issue as it is no longer relevant to us. Therefore no more pressure on the congress person. K-1 or Honey Bunny visas as they call them don't have a organization behind them like those with DACA do.

We are the ugly step children of the visa world...LOL I'm not saying don't make noise make all we can but I think by the time they would look at it we will already be approved. 

If current president or organizations put pressure on USCIS to address  DACA because of possible changes do to new administration then there is not much we can do. That is part of the reason USCIS puts up the July 2016 or 5 month process timeline for K-1 they can push us out that far before our complaints even need to be addressed. Senators get these "speed up or what's holding up my K-1?" request all the time. Generally you will get an email/letter from their office saying they will look into it and next is a letter stating contact us again in 5-6 months per USCIS timelines if nothing done on your case before this time.

We are all screwed for now<_< . Sorry my optimism went out the window after hearing about DACA

Jim

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Timeline
1 hour ago, kasu06 said:

They have not increased their fees in many years. They are not funded by taxpayer dollar to process K-1's so the employees are paid by the fees.  The fee increase is to offset increased operating expenses. Most of the workers there are contract employees not actual Federal Employees. Doubtful they will hire more bodies and even if they did by the time they were trained and working our cases will be completed.

Nearly everyone here will get an NOA 2 I have no doubt it is just a matter of when 2 more months or 8 more months?

Jim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 1/9/2017 at 8:14 PM, JimJesDuma said:

No sorry if it was confusing.

I mean for all the I-129F cases received by USCIS on October 31st they have only worked 65 TOTAL in the last 2 months they still have 287 basically untouched.

They approved ZERO cases today and maybe only 2 or 3 approvals during all of last week this is just for cases received on October 31st.

Reject might be wrong form completely I don't know. 

Jim

That means less than one a day. And more than 300 days to go for us from November.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

This may be the place to complain but they getting replaced to after 20 , think complain now and after 20 as well                              https://www.oig.dhs.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=296

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Art786 said:

This may be the place to complain but they getting replaced to after 20 , think complain now and after 20 as well                              https://www.oig.dhs.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=296

Ha maybe it would fit under "Profiling" - they are ignoring "honey bunny" visa's . 

I'm not sure that is the place to complain but people can certainly try.

Jim

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Art786 said:

I'm a bit worried to complain and then receive NOID or RFE from an angry USCIS officer.

It's like US tourist visas in US Embassy in Ukraine.. you get an angry officer = you are more likely to get denied visa

i-751 SRC timeline:

Spoiler
  • 03-11-2020:  Case status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”

Timeline

:reading:

i-751 SRC timeline:

Spoiler

Timeline
5 hours ago, vogann said:

I feel bad for December/January filers who filed after Dec. 24. Now they are stuck with $540 filling fee (instead of $340 that we paid) + there'll be getting super slow processing times. :clock:

Some people have floated that the price increase drove a bunch of new filers.

I find it very implausible that the current traffic jam is due to a mere $200 increase in the filing fee.

The outgoing Admin pushing USCIS towards prioritizing processing DACAs is much more plausible.

A flood of panicked new filers driven by the election of the incoming Admin is another, more plausible factor.

A jump from $340 to $540?

Not so much.

Especially not for K-1 sponsors like many of us. This is the U.S.

We rollin'.

giphy.gif

Edited by Reboot1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
12 hours ago, JimJesDuma said:

I don't mean for this link to be a political statement in the least. It is purely informational so please lets not debate the political aspect here.

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/10/jeff-sessions-threatens-dreamers-trump-plans-to-throw-daca-immigrants-to-the-wolves/

I'm more concerned if this is actually the reason as KF & OS stated that it could be prioritized over other types of immigration issues.

You mention that DACA has taken priority in the past? Can you please share more of that information. How do you know this?

You may very well be on to something. 

The thinking was that no changes could be made by Trump to USCIS until after he was elected and only after his party pushed it through.

I had not thought that this could be an Obama order or direction to push more DACA applicants through before Trump takes over.

Having said that the article linked above isn't clear if DACA would be terminated and or if those who filed would be denied/reversed by future administrations.

Sure would like to hear more from you KF and other's who may be familiar with this.

If this is the case then it could truly be a 5-7 month processing time for I-129F's NOA 2.

I certainly hope not but 6 approvals out of the 280 that I monitored for today is really not that promising albeit better than ZERO.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-daca

Jim

Jim,

I don't think CIS is delaying I129f's to process DACA's.  That may have been the case in 2012 and 2013, with the links to the Korean guy "I & B" who did the comprehensive analysis of the data for the I129f delay.  I too have read those.  However, I think what is happening to us now is due to a program that Obama starting in 2012 for undocumented immigrants.  

Here is a copy of one paragraph from a New York Times article from 2014:

"The long waits came when the agency, Citizenship and Immigration Services, shifted attention and resources to a program President Obama started in 2012 to give deportation deferrals to young undocumented immigrants, according to administration officials and official data."

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/us/program-benefiting-some-immigrants-extends-visa-wait-for-others.html?_r=0

Because Obama and his administration are still in office, it was the only thing he and his administration could do until they all have to go in 9 days.  The program gives undocumented immigrants deportation deferrals.  So, even though Trump can't make any changes until he gets sworn in and signs executive orders, that doesn't mean the current administration can't try to minimize the effect of his planned changes before he gets into office.  It's all politics, I'm afraid...

I have a feeling things will not take 5-7 months, but I have no crystal ball, nor do I want to make predictions.  

Just sitting tight and trying to get prepared for when the news arrives.

Best,

Forena 

Removal of Condition on Residency
09/24/20...Submitted I-751
10/06/20...NOA Date

10/08/20...Check cashed
01/13/21...Moved to local USCIS (WAC)
03/02/21...Letter of Approval (biometrics & interview waived)
03/06/21...Green Card Received

RGyvm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
13 minutes ago, forena99 said:

Jim,

I don't think CIS is delaying I129f's to process DACA's.  That may have been the case in 2012 and 2013, with the links to the Korean guy "I & B" who did the comprehensive analysis of the data for the I129f delay.  I too have read those.  However, I think what is happening to us now is due to a program that Obama starting in 2012 for undocumented immigrants.  

Here is a copy of one paragraph from a New York Times article from 2014:

"The long waits came when the agency, Citizenship and Immigration Services, shifted attention and resources to a program President Obama started in 2012 to give deportation deferrals to young undocumented immigrants, according to administration officials and official data."

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/us/program-benefiting-some-immigrants-extends-visa-wait-for-others.html?_r=0

Because Obama and his administration are still in office, it was the only thing he and his administration could do until they all have to go in 9 days.  The program gives undocumented immigrants deportation deferrals.  So, even though Trump can't make any changes until he gets sworn in and signs executive orders, that doesn't mean the current administration can't try to minimize the effect of his planned changes before he gets into office.  It's all politics, I'm afraid...

I have a feeling things will not take 5-7 months, but I have no crystal ball, nor do I want to make predictions.  

Just sitting tight and trying to get prepared for when the news arrives.

Best,

Forena 

13 hours ago, JimJesDuma said:

I don't mean for this link to be a political statement in the least. It is purely informational so please lets not debate the political aspect here.

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/10/jeff-sessions-threatens-dreamers-trump-plans-to-throw-daca-immigrants-to-the-wolves/

I'm more concerned if this is actually the reason as KF & OS stated that it could be prioritized over other types of immigration issues.

You mention that DACA has taken priority in the past? Can you please share more of that information. How do you know this?

You may very well be on to something. 

The thinking was that no changes could be made by Trump to USCIS until after he was elected and only after his party pushed it through.

I had not thought that this could be an Obama order or direction to push more DACA applicants through before Trump takes over.

Having said that the article linked above isn't clear if DACA would be terminated and or if those who filed would be denied/reversed by future administrations.

Sure would like to hear more from you KF and other's who may be familiar with this.

If this is the case then it could truly be a 5-7 month processing time for I-129F's NOA 2.

I certainly hope not but 6 approvals out of the 280 that I monitored for today is really not that promising albeit better than ZERO.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-daca

Jim

Jim,

I think I just realized that the program I was talking about and DACA are the same thing.  I thought DACA was for helping minors (children), but actually, it is also helping adults that came to the US when they were minors.  I got confused when I saw the name and thought it was a different program.

Anywho, it doesn't change anything for us waiting for approval for our I129f's!  

I'm not sure how to track DACA requests on the case tracker system.  But perhaps we can hope that things may change in 9 days???  Just not sure if its better or worse than now...

Forena

Removal of Condition on Residency
09/24/20...Submitted I-751
10/06/20...NOA Date

10/08/20...Check cashed
01/13/21...Moved to local USCIS (WAC)
03/02/21...Letter of Approval (biometrics & interview waived)
03/06/21...Green Card Received

RGyvm8.png

Timeline

Forena, where in Armenia are you from?

11/18/16 - I-129F Package sent!

11/19/16 - Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/28/16 - NOA1 SMS/Email - Routed to CSC

12/02/16 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.