RobertM54

Problem with G325

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have a NOA2.

I just learned that my fiance worked in Turkey for 5 months at the hotel her friend works at.

March-August 211. She did not have a work visa. The time in Turkey is, of course, on her passport.

Her son stayed with her parents in the village, which she listed as her address.

The "residence" and "wok" are not on the G325.

She is under the mistaken impression that the K-1 is merely a formality. That everyone in Kiev is approved. So she does not consider this to be a serious issue.

Because of the 31 year age difference, I think they will be looking for any reason at all to reject our visa.

And I know of at least one rejection in Kiev in these forums, I assume there are others.

I assume the only thing to do is to bring a corrected G325 to the interview. And report the unauthorised work.

I think we are screwed. And maybe I'm screwed. Maybe all of my friends were wrong about her.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

The g325a is one thing (bring a corrected one, make sure she fills out her ds160 correctly), your trust and affection for her is a different thing.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It's not the end of the road even if your K-1 gets rejected. You can marry and then apply for a CR-1. Not as convenient, but still an option.

As A'n'L said, just bring a corrected one and make sure no more mistakes are made on any further paperwork.

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Playing the devil's advocate, let's look at it from the CO perspective. The beneficiary's passport shows out of country for approximately 5 months. OK, there's a big disconnect here. The beneficiary did not correctly state her residences in the past 5 years. The beneficiary did not correctly state employment in past 5 years. The beneficiary did not state last occupation abroad. Hmmm, what are the chances that the beneficiary forgot where she worked, where she resided, and that she worked abroad in the past 5 years? What were you doing in Turkey for 5 months? So you worked? Did you work legally? Yes? Can you show your work permit? You don't have it with you? Where did you work? So you worked in a hotel? What kind of work did you do in a hotel?

The CO already knows there are 2 main types of temporary jobs for young women in a foreign country. Those jobs are primarily housekeeping services and "personal services". The CO also knows there are 2 types of women that takes temporary jobs abroad. There are those that are desperate to find whatever they can to support their family and there are those looking for easy money. So if she is young and good looking, you can imagine what will be going through the CO's mind.

Yes, you have a big hurdle to jump here. What's even more disturbing is that you are just finding this out now. I wish you luck but at this time I agree with the OP's assessment of the situation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I don't know what or where she has been reading but her to say everyone is apprved from Kiev is very much so incorrect... it seems as if she thinks it's a rite of passage to be giving a k1 by the way she isn't taken this seriously... is USCIS even suspect they have been untruthful they not only will reject the application but regaurd it as fraudulent behavior since there lying... if they suspect her of obtaining a visa fraudulently she can more or less kiss any other attemp of getting a visa goodbye... if the case got rejected for other reason then you can always reapply but you don't want fraudulent behavior marked on her for life when immigration is concerned... little does she know if she is apprved when you go to adjust status they run your name, fingerprint and background checks through 3 different FBI databases not just in the US but worldwide databases caught in her lie if her name pings up and the information doesn't match what are you going to Do?

The fact aswell she worked in turkey and everything terrorist going on in that region that is DEFIINATELY not something you want to keep quiet about working there... if they find out shes been lying it be an ever bigger what are you hiding about being there and she will be grilled like you cannot imagine cause they will think she trying to hide something major

Edited by Moslund

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

Timeline

The CO already knows there are 2 main types of temporary jobs for young women in a foreign country. Those jobs are primarily housekeeping services and "personal services". The CO also knows there are 2 types of women that takes temporary jobs abroad. There are those that are desperate to find whatever they can to support their family and there are those looking for easy money. So if she is young and good looking, you can imagine what will be going through the CO's mind.

I appreciate the devil's advocate role.

Let's assume that given her desperate financial situation, she was recently abandoned by the father of her child, and she legitimately has a school mate working at the resort in question that my fiance is not now and has never been a prostitute. Frankly, my fear was she might have a marriage in Turkey that was never dissolved. She swears she does not.

And she reminds me that she did tell me about her time in Turkey when we first met. (They never forget anything.) I was looking at her passport and all of the visa stamps. It just did not register when it came time to do the G325.

So let's consider this for the CO. She left the work experience off because she did not have a work visa. Because of the back and forth and her son was at home with parents, she legitimately considered that home through this period.

What do you think?

The fact that my girl is incredibly eager to do the TLC thing tells me she is the simple village girl she seems to be and has nothing major to hide.

Edited by RobertM54

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I appreciate the devil's advocate role.

Let's assume that given her desperate financial situation, she was recently abandoned by the father of her child, and she legitimately has a school mate working at the resort in question that my fiance is not now and has never been a prostitute. Frankly, my fear was she might have a marriage in Turkey that was never dissolved. She swears she does not.

And she reminds me that she did tell me about her time in Turkey when we first met. (They never forget anything.) I was looking at her passport and all of the visa stamps. It just did not register when it came time to do the G325.

So let's consider this for the CO. She left the work experience off because she did not have a work visa. Because of the back and forth and her son was at home with parents, she legitimately considered that home through this period.

What do you think?

The fact that my girl is incredibly eager to do the TLC thing tells me she is the simple village girl she seems to be and has nothing major to hide.

You've got a catch 22 situation and as you stated "they never forget anything". The CO knows that as well.

If she says she left the work experience off because she did not have a work visa, she just admitted she broke Turkish Labor Law and provided falsified documentation. So now she is already viewed as a law breaker and a liar in the eye of the CO. After the signature area of the G-325A, there is a note about penalties in bold letters: Severe penalties are provided by law for knowingly or willfully falsifying or concealing a material fact.

To throw a different angle at it, here's another scenario the CO may consider. Here's a older guy with a nice looking young woman, a simple village girl, big age difference, met by internet, she has worked in Turkey illegally in an unverified occupation. This look like a ripe scenario for possible human trafficking.

By the way, how often did she come home during those 5 months?

Timeline

You've got a catch 22 situation and as you stated "they never forget anything". The CO knows that as well.

If she says she left the work experience off because she did not have a work visa, she just admitted she broke Turkish Labor Law and provided falsified documentation. So now she is already viewed as a law breaker and a liar in the eye of the CO. After the signature area of the G-325A, there is a note about penalties in bold letters: Severe penalties are provided by law for knowingly or willfully falsifying or concealing a material fact.

To throw a different angle at it, here's another scenario the CO may consider. Here's a older guy with a nice looking young woman, a simple village girl, big age difference, met by internet, she has worked in Turkey illegally in an unverified occupation. This look like a ripe scenario for possible human trafficking.

By the way, how often did she come home during those 5 months?

Thanks for the continued devil's advocate. I absolutely agree with everything you said in para 2. That is why I worry about being screwed. Some think we can recover with the corrected form at the interview and appropriate mea culpas. I long ago concluded that transparency and honesty was the way to go in my life. On the other hand, life with this girl is like an episode of Friends.

Actually, my AirBnB hostess introduced us. Kind of a cute story. Given what the CO can learn about me from the internet and government databases, human trafficking will not be a consideration.

I think once.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello Robert, I have been an expat in Kyiv for many years. It doesn't seem like you know this woman very well. 31 year age gap is out of the norm.....not saying it hasn't worked, just saying it's not normal. If there is one bone in the closet, there is defiantly going to be another and soon you will find the whole skeleton.

I hope you understand the relationship culture of Ukraine...... I guarantee she will come out as the winner. If I could give you a little assignment, I would ask you to talk to other men who have married a woman with a child under the age of 18 or maybe 21. Also, have you argued with her yet?....It is part of the culture here and it gives them an emotional "reset". If she hasn't handed you your backside yet I would take that as a red flag from a slavic woman. Arguments are an important fact of life here and somehow necessary. You will have to learn to argue without hurting her. Words can hurt....

One of the biggest groups that come here as sexpats, come from Turkey. My wife went to Turkey and the men were all over her. Women go to Turkey for the money.....It has nothing to do with cleaning rooms in a hotel. Maybe that is why she had no work permit. I am only trying to be kind but you need to open your eyes. Here in Ukraine, women only have jobs if they have sex with the boss.....plane and simple fact.

If you would like to inbox me I can give you more information on the culture

CR-1 Visa

USCIS

7/27/15 Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lock box

7/29/15 NOA1, TSC

10/7/15 Entered USA for three weeks to close escrow and pack house

12/5/15 Entered USA for 90 days to visit

12/7/15 I-130 approved,NOA2

NVC

12/23/15 NVC received package

1/5/2016 Called NVC

1/7/2016 Called NVC, assigned case # and IIN #

1/7/2016 Assigned choice of agent

1/7/2016 Paid AOS fees

1/21/2016 Paid packet IV fees

2/20/2016 Filed DS-260

3/30/2016 Sent NVC package

4/5/2016 NVC received package

5/5/2016 Email from NVC...case complete with interview date 6/17

6/10/2016 Medical

6/17/2016 Interview - Approved :)

Timeline

Here in Ukraine, women only have jobs if they have sex with the boss.....plane and simple fact.

If you would like to inbox me I can give you more information on the culture

Thanks so much. I sent you a longish PM. I generally agree with your comment and understand the implications it has for male female relations in Ukraine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Just want to chime in here with one more thing. Sometimes the CO is trying to protect you, the USC, from marrying someone who wants to use you. That's why she has to prove to them that she is trustworthy and of good moral character and will be a good 'import' to the US who isn't going to abuse any laws or exploit you as the USC in any way.

It is really strange that your fiancee seems so nonchalant about this. As a real couple, you guys should be thinking about a 'Plan B' in case you're rejected. My husband and I have some 'red flags' as well as we have already discussed what we will do in case our case is turned down. Also, I've heard that even during the interview, the CO can ask the question: "What are your plans if you are not granted a visa?" so it would be good to prepare some kind of answer for that in case it pops up.

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline

Just want to chime in here with one more thing. Sometimes the CO is trying to protect you, the USC, from marrying someone who wants to use you. That's why she has to prove to them that she is trustworthy and of good moral character and will be a good 'import' to the US who isn't going to abuse any laws or exploit you as the USC in any way.

Don't get me started. I do not want or need some junior bureaucrat to protect me from someone who wants to use me. Who was there to protect me from my ex? If it was the governments job to protect people from bad marriages, then I am sure the founders would have got it into the constitution. This whole process is a bizarre infringement on liberties the founders took for granted.

Then you place this "protection" in the context of the millions of illegals the administration allows to stay and continue to violate US law, and we see the stunning hypocrisy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.