1,666 posts in this topic

Hello, 

my NOA 2 is October 31, Do I need to get stamp on my passport now?

TIA

nov. 06 2013 -i 130

nov.18 2013-noa1

may 21 2013-noa2

june 20 2014- recieved nvc

july 2 2014- case number and iin assigned

july 9 2014- recieved email from nvc

july 17 2014-paid aos and iv bill

july 18 2014- recieved aos and iv bill

july 22 2014- ds260 completed

july 25 2014- send package aos and iv

july 30 2014- recieved the package

sept 22 revieved email from nvc indicate that we have a checklist on part 3..

sept23-aos checklist sent

sept 24 aos and iv scan

nov 14 case complte

nov 21 recieved email confirmation of case complte

dec 2 & 3 medical done ?

dec 3 schedule interview

reschedule the interview jan 09

visa approved and issued ??????

visa in hand jan 20 2015

ROC

NOA I-751 Oct 31 2016

Biometrics- Dec 5 2016

case transfered at my local office -feb 26 2018

?????????

n-400

filed online mar 24 2018

biometrics april 18 2018

On 10/6/2017 at 5:49 PM, dilmera said:

Congratulations BoJo. I have news myself. I got an RFE stating the evidence I submitted is not enough. I have until December 29, 2017, to get back with the evidence. They do not want what we already sent. I do not have anything further to send them. We do not have kids. I just finished school. This is so frustrating. I intend to send them a letter explaining everything. If they decide evidence is not sufficient, then let them schedule an interview.

@dilmera I am sorry to hear you got an RFE. I am sure things will work out well for your in the end. May I ask, what was the date of your letter? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/6/2017 at 6:08 PM, Greencardchicago said:

HI dilmera, if I don't mind asking, what documents did you file so far? Good luck 

Not at all. I sent in credit card statements showing me as an authorized user on his account, income tax documents (married filing jointly), joint health insurance documents, travel documents showing our visit to India, photographs, and acquaintance affidavits. As per them, the evidence does not sufficiently establish that me and my spouse entered the marriage in good faith and continue to share a life together.

I'm the beneficiary, wife of USC.
12/30/2012: Got engaged.
1/16/2013: Got married in India.

I-130:
2/28/2013: Attorney mailed the I-130 from a U.S. address.
3/4/2013: Priority date, NOA1.
11/6/2013: Case was transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

1/6/2014: 60 days of transfer are up, put in an e-request, given 30 days' time. Contacted the senator. Senator asked to wait till Feb 6 and if nothing then she will do something.
2/5/2014: Website status changed to RFE.
2/10/2014: Attorney gets RFE. They need G325A and photos of both me and husband, original marriage certificate, copy of marriage record and it's translation.
2/15/2014: Mailed the requisite documents to husband.
2/19/2014: Documents received by husband.
2/24/2014: RFE mailed.
2/26/2014: Case status changed to RFE review.
3/6/2014: After 367 days, NOA2.

After approval kept calling NVC but NVC always had one reply, file was not in their system. Husband too called USCIS National Customer Service Center and was told case was sent to NVC.
4/2/2014: Write to NSCFollowup to know about the status of the petition.
4/10/2014: Put in a ?service request with USCIS starting with OVP to locate case.
4/16/2014: Reply from NSCFollowup that the U.S. law prohibited that office from responding to anyone other than the petitioner and to have the petitioner contact them.
4/18/2014: Sent email to NVC Research to locate the case.
4/22/2014: Petitioner sent email to NSCFollowup
5/14/2014: Receive email from NVC Research that they do not have a record of receiving the petition.
5/16/2014: Congressman's immigration caseworker contacted supervisor at NSC who said the petition is pending and will be dispatched in two weeks.
5/27/2014: Petitioner received response from NSCFollowup that the case was pending an internal extended review. Really?
6/19/2014: USCIS case status change, "On June 19, 2014, we shipped this case..."
7/1/2014: Case received at NVC.
7/14/2014: NVC case number assigned.
8/1/2014: AOS and IV fees invoiced.
8/2/2014: AOS and IV fees paid.
8/5/2014: AOS and IV fees status changed to paid.
8/6/2014: AOS and IV packages mailed, completed and submitted DS-260.
8/7/2014: AOS and IV packages delivered to NVC.
8/8/2014: AOS and IV packages put into the system (scanned).
9/20/2014: Get the 60-day email.
9/30/2014: Case Complete!
10/3/2014: Interview scheduled for November 7.
10/20/2014: Medical appointment.

11/07/2014: Interview.

11/29/2014: POE JFK.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, lesly87 said:

@dilmera I am sorry to hear you got an RFE. I am sure things will work out well for your in the end. May I ask, what was the date of your letter? 

I sure hope they work out. Come January, we will have been married 5 years. I often think if I had only waited a month-and-a-half before entering the US the first time, I would not even have to go through this process. Anyway, what is done is done. The letter was dated October 3 and I received it October 6. Putting together my response which is basically an explanation for why I do not have the documents they request. Intend to co-sign the letter with husband and mail it off. If that satisfies them, well and good. If not, I think an interview it is. I am not afraid of how things turn out because it is a genuine marriage; just not enough evidence to show for it on my end.

I'm the beneficiary, wife of USC.
12/30/2012: Got engaged.
1/16/2013: Got married in India.

I-130:
2/28/2013: Attorney mailed the I-130 from a U.S. address.
3/4/2013: Priority date, NOA1.
11/6/2013: Case was transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

1/6/2014: 60 days of transfer are up, put in an e-request, given 30 days' time. Contacted the senator. Senator asked to wait till Feb 6 and if nothing then she will do something.
2/5/2014: Website status changed to RFE.
2/10/2014: Attorney gets RFE. They need G325A and photos of both me and husband, original marriage certificate, copy of marriage record and it's translation.
2/15/2014: Mailed the requisite documents to husband.
2/19/2014: Documents received by husband.
2/24/2014: RFE mailed.
2/26/2014: Case status changed to RFE review.
3/6/2014: After 367 days, NOA2.

After approval kept calling NVC but NVC always had one reply, file was not in their system. Husband too called USCIS National Customer Service Center and was told case was sent to NVC.
4/2/2014: Write to NSCFollowup to know about the status of the petition.
4/10/2014: Put in a ?service request with USCIS starting with OVP to locate case.
4/16/2014: Reply from NSCFollowup that the U.S. law prohibited that office from responding to anyone other than the petitioner and to have the petitioner contact them.
4/18/2014: Sent email to NVC Research to locate the case.
4/22/2014: Petitioner sent email to NSCFollowup
5/14/2014: Receive email from NVC Research that they do not have a record of receiving the petition.
5/16/2014: Congressman's immigration caseworker contacted supervisor at NSC who said the petition is pending and will be dispatched in two weeks.
5/27/2014: Petitioner received response from NSCFollowup that the case was pending an internal extended review. Really?
6/19/2014: USCIS case status change, "On June 19, 2014, we shipped this case..."
7/1/2014: Case received at NVC.
7/14/2014: NVC case number assigned.
8/1/2014: AOS and IV fees invoiced.
8/2/2014: AOS and IV fees paid.
8/5/2014: AOS and IV fees status changed to paid.
8/6/2014: AOS and IV packages mailed, completed and submitted DS-260.
8/7/2014: AOS and IV packages delivered to NVC.
8/8/2014: AOS and IV packages put into the system (scanned).
9/20/2014: Get the 60-day email.
9/30/2014: Case Complete!
10/3/2014: Interview scheduled for November 7.
10/20/2014: Medical appointment.

11/07/2014: Interview.

11/29/2014: POE JFK.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, dilmera said:

Not at all. I sent in credit card statements showing me as an authorized user on his account, income tax documents (married filing jointly), joint health insurance documents, travel documents showing our visit to India, photographs, and acquaintance affidavits. As per them, the evidence does not sufficiently establish that me and my spouse entered the marriage in good faith and continue to share a life together.

You had a lot of documents that proves your marriage is real. This is getting so stressful and frustrating. 

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, dilmera said:

I sure hope they work out. Come January, we will have been married 5 years. I often think if I had only waited a month-and-a-half before entering the US the first time, I would not even have to go through this process. Anyway, what is done is done. The letter was dated October 3 and I received it October 6. Putting together my response which is basically an explanation for why I do not have the documents they request. Intend to co-sign the letter with husband and mail it off. If that satisfies them, well and good. If not, I think an interview it is. I am not afraid of how things turn out because it is a genuine marriage; just not enough evidence to show for it on my end.

Btw, did they tell you excatlly what documents do they want? Because as I read, you have a lot of the documents sent. 

My husband and I went to USCIS last Thursday to get a stamp. Officer told me that she will get my expired green card and it will be destroy. Just wait for the new one. I ask her if I will get an RFE, she just said just wait for a letter if I will have one. I told her I might file for early filing of citizenship application. She said she will give me a copy of my expired green card so I can pass it. I ask for a booklet guide for naturalizAtion and she even ask me if I want an application paper. My third year to be a resident will be on Dec 31. Should I apply for it or not?  What do you think? 

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi, my Green Card expires on 11/27/2017, and I am about to send my i-751 package. I have some really stupid questions. For once, I found conflicting information on how others submitted. I remember, I always submitted all pages loose in some sort of a clear document pouch. I read others bind it with holes in it. Which one did you prefer? Just loose? Also for the pictures, did you submit actual photos, or somewhat printed on an actual letter size paper?

I appreciate your responses as always.

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
26 minutes ago, dakobert said:

Hi, my Green Card expires on 11/27/2017, and I am about to send my i-751 package. I have some really stupid questions. For once, I found conflicting information on how others submitted. I remember, I always submitted all pages loose in some sort of a clear document pouch. I read others bind it with holes in it. Which one did you prefer? Just loose? Also for the pictures, did you submit actual photos, or somewhat printed on an actual letter size paper?

I appreciate your responses as always.

Thanks.

Hi Dakobert,

This is what we did:

- Avery Avery-Style Lgl Bottom Tab Dividers, 27-Tab, Exhibit A-Z, Letter Size (8.5 x 11), White, 27 per Set (11376);

- Officemate Heavy Duty 2-Hole Punch, Padded Handle, Black, 50-Sheet Capacity (90082);

- ACCO 2-Piece Paper Fasteners (can't remember the exact dimensions, but they were big enough to hold the whole package!);

- ACCO 17928 Pressboard Report Cover, Top Bound, Tyvek Reinforced Hinge, Letter Size

See original post for pictures:

Edited by Nikkosan

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/6/2017 at 5:49 PM, dilmera said:

Congratulations BoJo. I have news myself. I got an RFE stating the evidence I submitted is not enough. I have until December 29, 2017, to get back with the evidence. They do not want what we already sent. I do not have anything further to send them. We do not have kids. I just finished school. This is so frustrating. I intend to send them a letter explaining everything. If they decide evidence is not sufficient, then let them schedule an interview.

Sorry to hear it... but take it in a positive note.. At least you have some kind of response on your file.

Just send a letter with updated documents. They will accept it. It might be the reviewer want to take a look at current documents before approval.

Timeline

Hi Nikkosan,

Thank you for your reply. I have come across similar examples. I see, many chose to punch 2 holes into the documents. I was always under the impression this is not wanted by USCIS, as they have to take it apart anyways. Other than that, your package is nicely put together. How did you do it with the pictures? did you print them on Letter Size paper, or did you simply print them on photo format paper and attached them?

By the way, havent come across anybody who went through AOS without interview, nice. :)

Thanks, again.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Nikkosan said:

Hi Dakobert,

This is what we did:

- Avery Avery-Style Lgl Bottom Tab Dividers, 27-Tab, Exhibit A-Z, Letter Size (8.5 x 11), White, 27 per Set (11376);

- Officemate Heavy Duty 2-Hole Punch, Padded Handle, Black, 50-Sheet Capacity (90082);

- ACCO 2-Piece Paper Fasteners (can't remember the exact dimensions, but they were big enough to hold the whole package!);

- ACCO 17928 Pressboard Report Cover, Top Bound, Tyvek Reinforced Hinge, Letter Size

See original post for pictures:

Hi Nikkosan,

Thank you for your reply. I have come across similar examples. I see, many chose to punch 2 holes into the documents. I was always under the impression this is not wanted by USCIS, as they have to take it apart anyways. Other than that, your package is nicely put together. How did you do it with the pictures? did you print them on Letter Size paper, or did you simply print them on photo format paper and attached them?

By the way, havent come across anybody who went through AOS without interview, nice. :)

Thanks, again.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, dakobert said:

Hi Nikkosan,

By the way, havent come across anybody who went through AOS without interview, nice. :)

Thanks, again.

From what I recall, reading plenty of threads here on VJ and other boards, ACCO fasteners should provide the officer with the easiest way to work on your file. I seem to remember there was the example of punching holes on the top and NOT on the side, as that's the way they get archived in their system. To avoid a headache and be on the safe side, I followed those directions.

As for the pictures, I did copy & paste onto a MS Word document, adding a description for each picture (who's in it, left to right; if any of the people writing affidavit was in the picture, I made sure to point that out, etc.), and then I simply printed them and attached them to the package.

There are quite a few of us, at least those with my timeline, who had received the dreaded Notice of Potential Interview Waver. Trust me, I would have rather went for an AOS interview in exchange for receiving my GC in June/August of 2014 (that was the processing at that point...) rather than January 2015 (11 months after we filed!).

Now of course we're stuck in ROC limbo, but only a little bit more than 3 weeks until I can actually file for N400 which is exactly what I am now focusing on. Best of luck and be patient, especially if you're filing at CSC!

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nikkosan said:

From what I recall, reading plenty of threads here on VJ and other boards, ACCO fasteners should provide the officer with the easiest way to work on your file. I seem to remember there was the example of punching holes on the top and NOT on the side, as that's the way they get archived in their system. To avoid a headache and be on the safe side, I followed those directions.

As for the pictures, I did copy & paste onto a MS Word document, adding a description for each picture (who's in it, left to right; if any of the people writing affidavit was in the picture, I made sure to point that out, etc.), and then I simply printed them and attached them to the package.

There are quite a few of us, at least those with my timeline, who had received the dreaded Notice of Potential Interview Waver. Trust me, I would have rather went for an AOS interview in exchange for receiving my GC in June/August of 2014 (that was the processing at that point...) rather than January 2015 (11 months after we filed!).

Now of course we're stuck in ROC limbo, but only a little bit more than 3 weeks until I can actually file for N400 which is exactly what I am now focusing on. Best of luck and be patient, especially if you're filing at CSC!

Thanks, when I was looking up acco fasteners uscis, I came across an official uscis website with Form filing tips, I have never seen that one before. (Why would they hide it?) it literally says, use fasteners, the hole punching on the TOP. Lol, thanks for your tips...I know many things have been asked and answers but sometimes there is so much subjective information here that it becomes overwhelming...I’ll assembly the packer and will send the next days, hopefully I’m not considered late with GC expiring end of November. 

Good luck on your n400!!

just curious, you got your 10 year green card, right? Why bother and doing n400 right away?

Timeline
4 hours ago, dakobert said:

Thanks, when I was looking up acco fasteners uscis, I came across an official uscis website with Form filing tips, I have never seen that one before. (Why would they hide it?) it literally says, use fasteners, the hole punching on the TOP. Lol, thanks for your tips...I know many things have been asked and answers but sometimes there is so much subjective information here that it becomes overwhelming...

I totally get it. It's always better to double and triple check everything before potentially making a mistake.

I’ll assembly the packer and will send the next days, hopefully I’m not considered late with GC expiring end of November. 

You're fine, as long as you apply PRIOR to the expiration. USCIS gives you up to 90 days prior to the expiry written on the card, but even closer to the actual expiration date it is OK.

Good luck on your n400!!

just curious, you got your 10 year green card, right? Why bother and doing n400 right away?

Thanks!

And NO, I have yet to receive my card (but it's been established that you can go ahead and apply for N400).

As to why bother, I'll tell you why. I've always wanted to be a US Citizen, participate in the elections, and why not, also be able to spend considerable amount of time out of the country without risking to lose my right to live in the US. ;) 

Plus, I think it will also be neat for my husband to see me become a US citizen (while he waits to become an Italian one!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.