1,666 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, VanyaPerstnov said:

Hi guys,

Today I received approval letter from VSC.

Please add me to the list:

File date: Oct/20/2016 

NOI: Oct/24/2016

Biometrics: Nov/17/2016

Approval: Sep/21/17

The one thing that I have noticed that on the bottom of this letter was signature of the local service center director, that's why I am not sure where this decision was made here or in VSC.

I noticed my letter also had a local service center director signature but on the front of the envelope it has the Vermont Service Center address so I don't know! Wonder if the main service centers send files out to the local offices for review but its all still coordinated through the service center? 

22 Oct 13: Courier left Auckland

25 Oct 13: Arrived Chicago Lockbox

25 Oct 13: NOA1 priority date

30 Oct 13: Email NOA1

30 Oct 13: Petition transfered to Nebraska

05 Nov 13: Online status of petition updated from received to Initial review

08 Nov 13: NOA1 received in the post

17 May 14: NOA2

04 June 14: NVC received.

24 June 14: Case # & IIN assigned.

10 July 14: AOS bill invoiced

10 July 14: Paid AOS bill and completed DS-261

05 Sept 14: Received and paid IV bill

16 Sept 14: Sent IV package

19 Sept 14: NVC scanned IV package

30 Sept 14: Sent AOS package

02 Oct 14: NVC scanned AOS package

20 Nov 14: AOS and IV package checklist (found out when phoned NVC 24 Nov)

24 Nov 14: Spoke to local consulate about case. They agreed to request it from NVC

02 Dec 14: Checked status on CEAC website, case is now at Auckland consulate (or en route)

16 Dec 14: Green Card Approved

19 Dec 14: POE

ROC

23 Oct 16: Mailed packet to Vermont service center

26 Oct 16: Received at Vermont service

31 Oct 16: Cashed check

31 Oct 16: Received NOA1 in the mail. Receipt date 10/27/2016

17 Nov 16: Received Biometrics appointment letter in mail, notice date 11/12/2016

28 Nov 16: Biometrics Appointment

18 Sept 17: ROC Approved

23 Sept 17: Received I-797 Notice of Action - ROC approved in the mail

Naturalization:

11 Nov 17: Filed N400 online

11 Nov 17: NOA online

07 Dec 17: Biometrics appointment scheduled. Actually went on 12/6/17

22 Jan 18: Interview Letter

05 Mar 18: Interview date

06 Apr 18: Oath Ceremony

2 hours ago, ilyak said:

Welp, my NOA date is 10/7/2017 (VSC) and so far I've heard nothing. Called a couple times in the past month to see if any letters may have gone missing in the mail, was told by two tier 2s that my case has not even been assigned to an officer at VSC yet and that processing can easily take up to 14 months. 

Starting to get worried after seeing so many late October folks get approved with VSC, will try calling again in a few days. Does anyone know if RFEs are reflected in the I-751 case status on the USCIS website?

Also, FWIW, I made an Infopass appointment about a month ago and got my passport stamped. The officer mentioned that it looks like someone has already accessed my case file (contradicting the Tier 2s!) and said that I should expect to hear back soon. He also mentioned that it looks like all I-751 will require an interview sometime soon, but he's not sure of when the start date for the requirement is. 

I am worried too...i am oct 21 but no news yet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, ilyak said:

Welp, my NOA date is 10/7/2017 (VSC) and so far I've heard nothing. Called a couple times in the past month to see if any letters may have gone missing in the mail, was told by two tier 2s that my case has not even been assigned to an officer at VSC yet and that processing can easily take up to 14 months. 

Starting to get worried after seeing so many late October folks get approved with VSC, will try calling again in a few days. Does anyone know if RFEs are reflected in the I-751 case status on the USCIS website?

Also, FWIW, I made an Infopass appointment about a month ago and got my passport stamped. The officer mentioned that it looks like someone has already accessed my case file (contradicting the Tier 2s!) and said that I should expect to hear back soon. He also mentioned that it looks like all I-751 will require an interview sometime soon, but he's not sure of when the start date for the requirement is. 

Just got my callback from another tier 2, and he was kind enough to look into where the case is. According to his system, it's with the adjudication officer at VSC. Hopefully, this means not long now.

So, thank God. We rcvd letter of approval today, 9/27/17

Date of decision 9/22/2017

NOA 10/03/16

Biometrics 11/3/16

VSC

To those still waiting, it'll surely come. Took 11 months and 3 good weeks!!! My, my, my, the anxiety was something to deal with, but thanks to you all on here, offering words of encouragement, it definitely helped and I would love to do the same for others still waiting. 

Success!

59 minutes ago, Oct 3 said:

So, thank God. We rcvd letter of approval today, 9/27/17

Date of decision 9/22/2017

NOA 10/03/16

Biometrics 11/3/16

VSC

To those still waiting, it'll surely come. Took 11 months and 3 good weeks!!! My, my, my, the anxiety was something to deal with, but thanks to you all on here, offering words of encouragement, it definitely helped and I would love to do the same for others still waiting. 

Success!

@Oct 3Congrats! This is very exciting. Do you mind me asking, did you notice if on your letter you also had the signature of a local service center director?

14 hours ago, lesly87 said:

@Oct 3Congrats! This is very exciting. Do you mind me asking, did you notice if on your letter you also had the signature of a local service center director?

It sure does have the signature of the center director, yup. What's that about? Is it something new?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hello guys, I am an October 2016 filer and today I got my approval letter thanks god.

Service Center: Vermont

Mailed out: 10/23/2016

NOA1: 10/28/2016

Approval Decision Date: 09/25/2017

I am very happy I am going to celebrate today! Good luck for everyone and big thanks for everyone on Visajourney.

1 hour ago, firebird00 said:

Hello guys, I am an October 2016 filer and today I got my approval letter thanks god.

Service Center: Vermont

Mailed out: 10/23/2016

NOA1: 10/28/2016

Approval Decision Date: 09/25/2017

I am very happy I am going to celebrate today! Good luck for everyone and big thanks for everyone on Visajourney.

Congrats !!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
11 minutes ago, islandgirl80 said:

I am oct. 21, 2016 filer and I just called USCIS and spoke to tier 2, he told me that my case is still in vermont, still pending and he will send a message to vermont office. 

When you called you just asked for Tier 2 ? 

I am also Oct 11 filer. Due to error bio-metrics was taken second time in Dec. I don't know the one month delay will cause my case to be pending until Nov. 

Just to note there are thousands of Oct filers... getting few in here approved does not mean they covered all the Oct filers :)

5 minutes ago, dnp2014 said:

I am also Oct 11 filer. Due to error bio-metrics was taken second time in Dec. I don't know the one month delay will cause my case to be pending until Nov. 

Just to note there are thousands of Oct filers... getting few in here approved does not mean they covered all the Oct filers :)

You are absolutely right, there is a lot of pending October cases. You can use free application called "case tracker" (apple app store) to search the range of 500 cases, there you will be able to see that October is not done at all (I even saw some end of September cases being untouched). The only thing is you need to keep in mind that online status updates with delay (some people reported up to 2 weeks of delay).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, dealerofhappiness said:

You are absolutely right, there is a lot of pending October cases. You can use free application called "case tracker" (apple app store) to search the range of 500 cases, there you will be able to see that October is not done at all (I even saw some end of September cases being untouched). The only thing is you need to keep in mind that online status updates with delay (some people reported up to 2 weeks of delay).

Thanks for the tip.. I never knew about the app.. I Searched for 100 ROC cases before mine.. all says fee is waived.. 

On 9/28/2017 at 11:48 AM, Oct 3 said:

It sure does have the signature of the center director, yup. What's that about? Is it something new?

Thanks

Hello people,  today I got I-797 notice of the conditional resident approved. it says I should receive my GC within 60 days. My case status  online has not changed still says Fees were waived.

NOA1 October 31/2016. I'm so happy. I'm going to apply now for citizenship base in 3 years.

I hope everyone who is waiting to approve has  good news 

20 hours ago, dnp2014 said:

Yes I asked to escalate me to officer 2..

8 hours ago, jose&ive said:

Hello people,  today I got I-797 notice of the conditional resident approved. it says I should receive my GC within 60 days. My case status  online has not changed still says Fees were waived.

NOA1 October 31/2016. I'm so happy. I'm going to apply now for citizenship base in 3 years.

I hope everyone who is waiting to approve has  good news 

@jose&ive Congrats! Can you tell us what is the date of the approval letter so folks can add you to the tracker? Also, do you mind me asking, was your letter signed by the local service center director?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.