1,666 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello all, 

After that long endless wait, immigration officers visited my house. They met my wife but she was sick and the officer offered to come back the following week. They asked about me and my wife told them I was at work which is on file that I  work in a different state. The officer asked her to call me but I didnt pick because my phone was on silence ( I was sleeping since I worked night shift) 

Again , the officer concluded they will come back next Wednesday and my wife should ask me to be home with her.

I rushed back home and my wife and I took days off from work . We waited on the officers on the specified day but they didnt show up, we extended our days off by two days and waited to see if they will show up but no one did. My 6 months work permit extension will expire in 30days , my i485 is still not approved. 

Is there anyone here who had a similar experience? What should we expect or what can we do . Please we need your input . Thank you

Edited by Jidea

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.