104 posts in this topic

Its not their job to tell you the rules. It's your job to get familiar with those. Not knowing the law doesn't justify breaking it.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Just the clear one thing .I never blame law .like you guys said its totally my fault and I admit it.I suppose to know about it but I didn't pay attention now I have to deal with consequences .I just want to get s permission to reapply for visa .I got my lesson and I'm so regret my decisions.and thank you so much for you all answering me back and give me information .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

An insulting post has been removed, and administrative action applied.

This thread is now moved from the Embassy/Consulate forum to the Waivers/AP forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Out of status, worked illegally chance of a non immigrant visa anytime in the near future is so slim I personally would not bother applying, waste of money.

But of course you can apply, your call.

SSN is not work authorisation, nor is an ITIN, but I think OP knows that, she was just explaining how she got it. And I doubt if Panera knew or cared for a low wage temp worker.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

No I know I can't get any visa in this position .I searched and they say I can apply for waiver .I was looking for an answer for what kind of waiver I can apply ? Or can I apply for any type of waiver ?

No I know I can't get any visa in this position .I searched and they say I can apply for waiver .I was looking for an answer for what kind of waiver I can apply ? Or can I apply for any type of waiver ?

In order to apply for a waiver the officer at the interview first has to determine whether you are eligible for one. However you can prepare that waiver beforehand and submit it after the interview (if he says you are eligible).

You said it yourself, you can prepare a 212 d 3 waiver.

Edited by Californiansunset

I wouldn't go the K1 route personally I would marry because if you need to (which you will) you can appeal and a CR1 wont expire.

But again like stated chances are slim. Sorry you didn't know the law... ive done thing unknowing not intentionally so I can relate.

For example I sent my app without imbra waiver (AND ITS ON THE APP) sometimes you overlook things in a non malicious way.

Good Luck :)

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

I 212 for the deportation, but you would need he consulate to otherwise issue a discretionary waiver. This is a D3, something the Consulate would recommend you for IF they would otherwise issue you a non immigrant visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I wouldn't go the K1 route personally I would marry because if you need to (which you will) you can appeal and a CR1 wont expire.

But again like stated chances are slim. Sorry you didn't know the law... ive done thing unknowing not intentionally so I can relate.

For example I sent my app without imbra waiver (AND ITS ON THE APP) sometimes you overlook things in a non malicious way.

Good Luck :)

OMG f1

excuse first sentence :oops:

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

I found this by googling real quick:

Persons who have been previously removed from the U.S. and are subject to a 5, 10 or 20 year-bar to re-entry [under INA section 212(a)(9)(A)(i) and (ii)] must file a Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States after Deportation or Removal, in addition to the 212(d)(3) waiver request.

Compared to 212(d)(3) waiver applicants, Form I-212 applicants must meet higher eligibility standards and evidentiary requirements. For example, close family ties in the U.S. and unusual hardship to U.S. citizen or permanent resident relatives are considered strong favorable factors in an I-212 application. These factors are not so important in a 212(d)(3) waiver application and might even work against a person seeking to visit the U.S. temporarily.

- The grant of the waiver is completely discretionary.

It is within the complete discretion of the Admissibility Review Office (ARO), which is part of the U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP), to grant the waiver. Qualifying for the waiver doesnt necessarily mean you will get it. The adjudications officer who weighs the 3 Hranka factors may find the negative factors outweigh the positive factors and deny the waiver request.

There is no formal appeal process. Typically, the only recourse it to file for the waiver again when circumstances change or when more supporting evidence is gathered.

Although the eligibility standards are flexible, the 212(d)(3) waiver is still hard to get, especially when the person is inadmissible due to serious criminal convictions and/or egregious immigration violations. The more recent the violation(s), the higher the obstacles in receiving the waiver.

I usually don't agree with VJ members that are really negative about trying to pursue a visa but this time I have to agree. Your chances seem very slim. I know it might not seem for you like this but on the bright side you "only" got a 5 year ban. Some people are even more unlucky and get a misrep ban or something which is a lifetime ban.

Timeline

We do not know the full ban or bans, just the one she has for being deported, they only need one. The Consulate would review the case for any others that may impeded the issue of a visa. In this case there seem to be 3 issues.

Timeline

Thank you so much for information.yes I know my chances are very slim .the reason I applied for f1 visa want to see what should I know about my case.for anything just want to see what to apply for .

Filed: Timeline

You overstayed, work & was deported

its water under the bridge you are out

give it some time.

A D3 waiver is not an easy feat without

the blessings of a CO, no harm in trying

or yourself along with others beating up

on you.. You can work in no country

outside of your own without permission,

and there are consequences

Timeline

My guess is that it is waivers, they however only need one reason to refuse a visa, no need to add them all up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.