542 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Okay guys so I have been following this thread for a long time. It's about time to comment and ask for help, as my case just got updated to ''RFE(Request for additional evidence) was mailed''

Just like all of us, our case is genuine, my husband is a born citizen and I do not know what to expect in terms of processing time, and all of that. They mailed it on Friday, 6th of January, so I am assuming I will get the mail on Monday, 9th of January? Service center is NSC, and they received on 19th of JULY. We are at least thankful that they have worked on our case, but I just want to know how long it can delay? I will update of what they want, but I really need some opinions. 

For those who are waiting, they SURE are working on July files. If I can get notification, you will get too! We have waited this long, just a bit more to go!!

Edited by FHH

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, ABC12313 said:

Okay guys so I have been following this thread for a long time. It's about time to comment and ask for help, as my case just got updated to ''RFE(Request for additional evidence) was mailed''

Just like all of us, our case is genuine, my husband is a born citizen and I do not know what to expect in terms of processing time, and all of that. They mailed it on Friday, 6th of January, so I am assuming I will get the mail on Monday, 9th of January? Service center is NSC, and they received on 19th of JULY. We are at least thankful that they have worked on our case, but I just want to know how long it can delay? I will update of what they want, but I really need some opinions. 

For those who are waiting, they SURE are working on July files. If I can get notification, you will get too! We have waited this long, just a bit more to go!!

Rfe takes  a month,  so you should get your approval next month... 

On 06/01/2017 at 7:09 PM, cake68 said:

same here lawsarcasm...PD July 1st and transferred to texas on november 17th.

ive called 4 times in the last week.

1st call_computers down (1pm)

2nd call_computers down and tier 2 not accepting transferred calls 3pm

3rd call_call volume high no transfers (11am)

4th call_call volume high no transfers (5:45pm)

moral of the story...calling doesnt really help.

I was told by a USCIS staff person to call 08:00 Eastern Time ...or before 10am   and choose different options if you cannot "get in" to speak to someone.

Landline appears more successful than Skype as well ... may be caller-id as I have to dial from abroad and had a disaster like yours and had better luck next time when I had more "patience" ... :-) 

Never called on a Monday either ...just in case people do not come to work after the weekend .... it is a call center so why rush to work when you know you will get hell all day. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed

I got some bad news today. I feel like the floor has dropped out from underneath me. With all the double checking and rereading the requirements I was certain we would get approved. I mean we are legit. We are in love and want to spend our lives together. The only information I can think of that might have been left out is proof of cohabitation or proof of shared finances. We are recently married and this application is so we CAN cohabitate, .  It seems like a bit of a catch-22. 

Feeling like I am a fresh college grad trying to get a job that requires experience, uugh, We travel between our two countries every 2 months and its very taxing financially. I submitted proof of travel.  She can not work here or I there , so there is no need for a bank account other then to prove to them we have one. We spend only months in each others countries so there is no need to be on a lease. If the request comes back asking for these things, what do I do? I can try and get her on my bank account and I guess put her on my lease ... just seems a so fake, just to do that so I have a form to give them. I believe she is on my life insurance but this was after I submitted originally so thats a form I guess. 

Has anyone ever had this problem ? Are there other "proof" documents I can use?  I can get a lot of affidavits but I have read they are basically worthless. Do I just suck it up and open the bank account and start the process to have her on the lease.?

Thanks for any advise! 

PS: Good news for the rest of you. They are defiantly processing July i-130's!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, UsSwedlover said:

Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed

I got some bad news today. I feel like the floor has dropped out from underneath me. With all the double checking and rereading the requirements I was certain we would get approved. I mean we are legit. We are in love and want to spend our lives together. The only information I can think of that might have been left out is proof of cohabitation or proof of shared finances. We are recently married and this application is so we CAN cohabitate, .  It seems like a bit of a catch-22. 

Feeling like I am a fresh college grad trying to get a job that requires experience, uugh, We travel between our two countries every 2 months and its very taxing financially. I submitted proof of travel.  She can not work here or I there , so there is no need for a bank account other then to prove to them we have one. We spend only months in each others countries so there is no need to be on a lease. If the request comes back asking for these things, what do I do? I can try and get her on my bank account and I guess put her on my lease ... just seems a so fake, just to do that so I have a form to give them. I believe she is on my life insurance but this was after I submitted originally so thats a form I guess. 

Has anyone ever had this problem ? Are there other "proof" documents I can use?  I can get a lot of affidavits but I have read they are basically worthless. Do I just suck it up and open the bank account and start the process to have her on the lease.?

Thanks for any advise! 

PS: Good news for the rest of you. They are defiantly processing July i-130's!

I'm so sorry to hear that.

So, I'm a US citizen and my wife is Indian. We opened a joint account in India and submitted that evidence to USCIS. My wife also doesn't work right now so I send her some money once in a while to show that I financially support her too. If you guys haven't opened a joint bank account yet then you guys definitely should because that's a very strong proof of being in a legit relationship. I hope this helps you and stay strong brother because this shall pass too

USCIS

07/22/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS

07/25/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center

02/14/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved (205 Days after NOA1)

02/27/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

NVC

03/03/2017: I-130 received at NVC

03/06/2017: Case number assigned

03/10/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number & DS-261 Submitted

03/10/2017: Received & Paid AOS fees

03/14/2017: Received & Paid IV fees

03/16/2017: DS-260 available & submitted, AOS and IV packets sent to NVC

03/20/2017: Scan Date

05/22/2017: Case Complete (63 Days from Scan Date)

06/02/2017: Interview Notification received

06/22/2017:Biometrics done

07/01/2017: Medical done

07/11/2017: Interview in Mumbai (And 1st Marriage anniversary)

07/13/2017: Visa Received

07/27/2017: USA Entry

Removing Condition

04/22/2019: I-751 sent early 5 days

05/20/2019: Case was return back to me

05/30/2019: I-751 Delivered to TX (2nd time)

07/25/2019: Bio-metric completed

09/19/2019: Interview, Case Approved

09/26/2019: Green Card received 😀

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Everyone. 

It seems I'm the only one that hasn't received anything except NOA1??

Edited by Asherbabe876

hey patient,

i have only used a mobile phone, however i tried essentially every option available on the keypad at 8am EST...nothing. 

btw, they are very aware of where you are calling from even though they will deny it when questioned.  i questioned a rep for nearly ten minutes before she relented.  ridiculous.

i have officially given up calling as it waste so much money (calling from abroad). maybe i will find some patience before february.  smile.

On 1/9/2017 at 2:41 PM, Patient said:

I was told by a USCIS staff person to call 08:00 Eastern Time ...or before 10am   and choose different options if you cannot "get in" to speak to someone.

Landline appears more successful than Skype as well ... may be caller-id as I have to dial from abroad and had a disaster like yours and had better luck next time when I had more "patience" ... :-) 

Never called on a Monday either ...just in case people do not come to work after the weekend .... it is a call center so why rush to work when you know you will get hell all day. 

hey patient,

i have only used a mobile phone, however i tried essentially every option available on the keypad at 8am EST...nothing. 

btw, they are very aware of where you are calling from even though they will deny it when questioned.  i questioned a rep for nearly ten minutes before she relented.  ridiculous.

i have officially given up calling as it waste so much money (calling from abroad). maybe i will find some patience before february.  smile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 hours ago, amistry18 said:

I'm so sorry to hear that.

So, I'm a US citizen and my wife is Indian. We opened a joint account in India and submitted that evidence to USCIS. My wife also doesn't work right now so I send her some money once in a while to show that I financially support her too. If you guys haven't opened a joint bank account yet then you guys definitely should because that's a very strong proof of being in a legit relationship. I hope this helps you and stay strong brother because this shall pass too

Thanks for the reply. I can open a joint account. It fdoes feel a little to late now, as if its just done for show. We dont need it, she supports herself in Sweden. If the USCIS wants that document so be it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
29 minutes ago, cake68 said:

hey patient,

Hey what service center did you get 

1 hour ago, Asherbabe876 said:

Hey what service center did you get 

Only the best ,,,,,, Nebraska ...... I am a Aug filer ..... watching for good news for those who filed a month before :-) so am sitting on my hands and just wondering  .......... :jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.