237 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Unfortunately it says that on all our NOA2 letters but that obviously hasn't been the case. I've been waiting 5 weeks now and so have a handful of other people, some waiting a week or 2 longer than me.

NVC states 6 weeks- if it's not here in 6 weeks scan a copy of your noa2 and email it to us.... USCIS is giving us some new ####### about 90 days till we send it out where it states nowhere on the approval letter or website etc.

Don't know what the hold up is or what's going on but it's clearly not that fast. Some people have gotten lucky though hopefully you are one of them :) good luck

So here's my guess from what I've read from the multiple topics I follow:

After approval they do another backgroung check for God-knows-what (at least this is what they told someone here on VJ), so some reviewers might leave the approved files in their desks until they have a certain amount and then at their own pace, give the batch to the last person that has to check it/review it/etc. Maybe not all background checks are the same, maybe some may take more time, then when everything is O.K. by them, they give it to someone else who's in charge of sending them. Maybe they were sending them weekly. But since there were so many approvals on June (the majority of march and april) this specific month the batchs kept getting behind little by little until by the second half of June it was so behind that calls were raining on NVC. NVC called out USCIS about this, and USCIS started sending those "post-decision activity" on June 25 to people so they would stop calling NVC so much. There's people approved 15 days ago that already got this email, so maybe instead of sending batches weekly now they're doing it 2 or 3 times a week, until they get back to normal pace, and start taking 2-3 weeks instead.

I guess we were the unlucky ones but weve already been waiting for 3 or 4 weeks. I'm sure we'll get some answers this week or the next one.

Hang in there everyone!

:star: K1 Timeline :star:

I-129F Sent : Apr 01, 2016

I-129F Received : Apr 06, 2016

I-129F NOA1 : Apr 08, 2016

I-129F NOA2 : Jun 21, 2016

NVC received : Jul 15, 2016

NVC case number : Jul 15, 2016

NVC left : Jul 19, 2016

Consulate ready : Jul 20, 2016

Interview : Aug 11, 2016

Visa issued: Aug 15, 2016

Visa in hand: Aug 17, 2016

POE: Aug 20, 2016

Wedding: Sep 15, 2016

Hi I don't believe nothing that uscis or NVC TELLS ME to I see proof just like last Friday I'm told by a tier 2 supervisor that my stepdaughter petition was being sent out today but it was sent out on Monday when I called today to confirm it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you read the complete USCIS site, you will find somewhere in the context that even if the packet is compete with all documents, USCIS has to wait for visa number to be ready. I take this that a visa number is assigned to each case and if not approved, it is invalidated and that number no longer used

so, you may be in limbo waiting for a case number for your country or visa type

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

If you read the complete USCIS site, you will find somewhere in the context that even if the packet is compete with all documents, USCIS has to wait for visa number to be ready. I take this that a visa number is assigned to each case and if not approved, it is invalidated and that number no longer used

I was under the impression that it doesn't work like that for K-1s but I could be totally wrong. Either way, something clearly has happened at USCIS, it didn't take this long just a couple of months ago.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

A case number for K1 (not sure about others), is just the consulate, year, julian date +500, and number case entered for said consulate that day. I doubt USCIS is waiting on a case number to be preassigned when it can take a few days for NVC to tell you they assigned it a case number from time of arrival. Although, it may work differently for other visa types.

USCIS
4/29/2016 Mailed I-129F
5/16/2016 NOA1
/6/1/2016 Expedite request
6/2/2016 Supporting documentation requested
6/6/2016 Supporting documentation faxed
6/13/2016 Expedite approved
6/14/2016 I-129F approved (via case status, no NOA2)
6/23/2016 NOA2 hardcopy
7/6/2016 Called USCIS, sent approved petition July 1, 2016

NVC
7/8/2016 NVC Received
7/12/2016 Case number and IIN assigned
7/13/2016 Left NVC

Consulate
7/15/2016 Case ready at embassy(wouldn't schedule appointment as package hasn't arrived)
7/18/2016 Case arrived embassy
7/19/2016 Sent packet 3
7/19/2016 Received packet 3
7/20/2016 Sent packet 3 again, first time wasn't good enough
7/20/2016 Received packet 4
8/2/2016 Medical
8//3/2016 Interview APPROVED
9/8/2016 POE JFK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I just called NVC for the third time since my NOA2 date and kept getting the same answer "up to 60 days from date of NOA2"

Then I asked if the case received if it is possible to to receive text or email message? The answer was "NO"

Then I asked if NVC would mail out a notice of the case number? The answer was "NO, the case will be sent straight to the Embassy no notice will be sent out to your home address...Just keep calling back and check if we have a case number for you"

By the way, in each time I called, it was not a long wait, first time the call was picked up right away, the two other times, calls were picked up in less than 5 minutes. Have your WAC xxxxxxxxxxx ready since right away the operator will ask for it prior to saying anything else...Then the notice date of the NOA2 from the I-797.

Also, I did email NVC with NOA2 on subject line and all the information regarding myself and the beneficiary, I also send them my Cell phone and Email address...They did respond within three days telling me they do not have case number yet. But would they follow up and mail or text me, I don't really know.

I wonder if each operator have different response or answer...any comments on what I have wrote?

Hi just called the NVC today and still don't have my case of NOA2 of 15 june. Same old story ...up to 6 weeks

Anyone know cases that already are at NVC around half of june or later???. I heard some cases of 13 june but that was already last week so it seems like they are stuck after that date

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

Hi just called the NVC today and still don't have my case of NOA2 of 15 june. Same old story ...up to 6 weeks

Anyone know cases that already are at NVC around half of june or later???. I heard some cases of 13 june but that was already last week so it seems like they are stuck after that date

Called today as well, same thing, give it up to 6 weeks, keep calling back. 28 days and counting...lol am sure sooner or later we will have a case number, just a matter of time...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can call NVC as much as you like but the problem is not with them. The problem is that USCIS hasn't even sent the approved petitions.

Not true. USCIS sends them within a week of approval. The problem is there is an over abundance of visas and there is only one understaffed NVC as opposed to multiple service enters sending visa applications. At least that is how it has been explained to me. It doesn't matter what the hold up and no answer is going to make the wait any shorter. One department is going to blame it on the other and vice versa ????????

Edited by USAMorocco

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Not true. USCIS sends them within a week of approval. The problem is there is an over abundance of visas and there is only one understaffed NVC as opposed to multiple service enters sending visa applications.

Not correct. So many people here from VJ have called USCIS to see where the hold up is and they're told USCIS need anything from 6 weeks to 90 days to even send the approved petition. Some are lucky and have their petitions sent earlier. NVC is fast, this is all an USCIS issue at this point.

Talking about the k-1 visa here, I don't know if there's a delay on the other visas.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not correct. So many people here from VJ have called USCIS to see where the hold up is and they're told USCIS need anything from 6 weeks to 90 days to even send the approved petition. Some are lucky and have their petitions sent earlier. NVC is fast, this is all an USCIS issue at this point.

Talking about the k-1 visa here, I don't know if there's a delay on the other visas.

Okay. In all honesty whoever is holding up the cases really doesn't matter. Getting all worked up over something that is not in the control of us doesn't pay. It just adds more stress to an already stressful process.

It would make sense to me...that maybe just maybe they should come up with another system. Or better yet we live in a computer age why can't they just send the info through the computer and send the whole file from uscis right to the embassy ???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello guys.

I Been approved since May 27/16 and My case still AT The USCIS Due to temporary hold for security check.

people who were approved June and July still have time, they are Backed up with cases and they are behind perhaps.

or they are going Through that security RE check once again for some petitions like mine.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

Some people call NVC and some people call USCIS and we end up with two different government establishment that are giving answers to questions and we no longer know who is telling the truth or where most cases are...members come here and share what they were told or what they have read and we end up in chaos not knowing the 100% truth and facts...its all nothing but a guessing game of who said what. Each person I talked to at NVC told me "up to 60 days" and I have to believe them. After 60 days if I still don't have a case then I start calling USCIS, NVC, my congressman and do what I have to do. But for now, its a waiting game and nothing we can do about it...I don't care if the files still at USCIS or NVC , all what I care about is where it will be in 60 days..period!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I'm a February filer with NOA2 of May 31th. I also haven't gotten the case number and coming up on the 6 infamous weeks. So, I today called (once again) NVC as was told that they should have received the case from USCIS by now. I was then told to scan a copy of NOA2 form I-797 and email it to them @ NVC research.gov. I'll be doing that tomorrow, although I don't expect a quick response from them.

Yesterday I contacted USCIS and requested to speak with a Tier-2 supervisor, but was told none was available at the time to take my call, so they will return my call within 3-5 business days.

The waiting continues...

K-1 Petition - California Service Center

Sent by FedEx: Feb 9 2016

Received at CSC: Feb 10 2016

NOA1: Feb 12 2016

Approved/NOA2: May 31 2016

NOA1 TO NOA2: 111 Days

NVC Received: July 26, 2016

NOA2 TO NVC: 56 Days

NVC Case #: July 27, 2016

NVC Processing: 3 Business Days

NVC To Consulate: July 29, 2016

Consulate Received: Aug 1, 2016

Consulate Ready: Aug 5, 2016

Interview: Sep 19, 2016

(Visa Approved!)

POE: Oct 17, 2016

Wedding: Dec 22, 2016

Filed for AOS: May 5, 2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hearing about how people have so many issues contacting a tier 2 is surprising. I called USCIS tier 2 4 or 5 times and always got a call back within 2 hours. Only once I was told the call volume was high, and since my question wasn't all that important I would have to call back later.

USCIS
4/29/2016 Mailed I-129F
5/16/2016 NOA1
/6/1/2016 Expedite request
6/2/2016 Supporting documentation requested
6/6/2016 Supporting documentation faxed
6/13/2016 Expedite approved
6/14/2016 I-129F approved (via case status, no NOA2)
6/23/2016 NOA2 hardcopy
7/6/2016 Called USCIS, sent approved petition July 1, 2016

NVC
7/8/2016 NVC Received
7/12/2016 Case number and IIN assigned
7/13/2016 Left NVC

Consulate
7/15/2016 Case ready at embassy(wouldn't schedule appointment as package hasn't arrived)
7/18/2016 Case arrived embassy
7/19/2016 Sent packet 3
7/19/2016 Received packet 3
7/20/2016 Sent packet 3 again, first time wasn't good enough
7/20/2016 Received packet 4
8/2/2016 Medical
8//3/2016 Interview APPROVED
9/8/2016 POE JFK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.