237 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Unfortunately I called today also and nothing. Asked to speak to NVC supervisor and they told me no one is available and even if they were they can't do anything for me. To wait. Losing hope :(

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

Sorry Farzram,

Try calling later on tonight,

I Heard they receive petitions On Friday's

I will call Also tonight Around 10 PM CHICAGO'S TIME.

I am not sure if NVC receive them on Friday, but I think USCIS send them out to NVC in bulk each Friday

Timeline

I'm in Afghanistan right now visiting so time difference is crazy but I will call around that time also. Hopefully we get there soon. I would like to see you get there atleast so I can have some hope also! Good luck maybe tonight is our night? Who knows??

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

Ok Guys hurry and get your NVC case number so we can lock this thread...lol

You guys almost there, Cheer up and enjoy the weekend and the vacation!

Inshallah Khair!!

Edited by pch1

Timeline

LOL pch1 ! I feel like it's just me and achraf left lolol! Inshallah we get there soon!!! For some reason I feel like it's going to take exactly 2 months from our noa2 dates which I'll be happy with but I just don't know what's going on so its up in the air! Thanks for the good wishes guys

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Maybe it's because my fiancée is from Afghanistan and yours is from Lebanon and pch1's theory is indeed correct. Just wish they could give us a specific date it's been sent or will be sent so we can stop worrying.

Well, I don't know if this is necessarily why the delays at NVC are happening, my fiancée is from Ecuador (South America) which -I believe-, is not a high fraud country. From what I read, some countries take longer than others depending on the response time to the required background check by NVC. Still, most of us experimenting delays at the NVC stage is because they have not received our cases from USCIS, after the petitions were approved. Only if NVC receives the cases they can proceed with their part in the process. I found some NVC information online which I like to share and, even though it's about 2 years old, I feel it still applies today. The information mostly deals with spouse processes, but it also applies in general to all type of cases they process:

What is the National Visa Center?

The NVC opened in 1994 with the aim of easing the visa processing and administrative task of U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad. Stated simply, it is the go-between between the USCIS in the U.S. and the U.S. diplomatic posts abroad which issue visas. Whereas USCIS and the posts perform substantive adjudications, the NVC is an administrative processing center. The NVC is involved in the collection of civil and financial documents from applicants and scheduling of immigrant visa interviews. The NVC also ships immigration case files to post.

What Types of Cases Does the NVC process?

The NVC processes the following petitions: I-130; I-140; I-730; I-129F; I-600; I-600A; I-800; I-360; and I-526. In FY2014, the NVC received 709,000 cases from USCIS, of which 99,000 were family-based petitions whose priority date was current. During the same period, the NVC shipped 349,000 cases to posts around the world. In FY2014, the NVC received approximately 1.4 million pieces of incoming mail, and shipped 3.3 million pieces of outgoing mail.

Why is my Case Taking so Long at the NVC?

During 2014, the NVC’s workload substantially increased. Whereas in recent years, the NVC received approximately 8,000 petitions/cases from USCIS per week, in 2014 that number increased to up to 25,000 per week. According to the NVC, that number has since stabilized at approximately 17,000 new cases received per week. The NVC is staffed by approximately ten (10) Department of State employees and over 560 federal contractors, who are tasked with working through the cases.

According to Department estimates, in FY2014, NVC staff received 1.7 million written inquiries, 1.6 million telephone calls, and 98,000 written inquiries. Due to the unprecedented workload, delays from target processing timeframes are currently a fact of life. The document review phase (the time after civil/financial documents are received by the NVC and the case is cleared for interview scheduling) is currently about 55 days. Department officials confirm that additional staff is being hired, and current staff is being cross-trained to address the backlog issues. Further, a phone system upgrade, which will hopefully make it easier to speak with a representative, is scheduled to go live in February, 2015.

Carefully Following I-864 and DS-260 Requirements is Critical

For now, attorneys and applicants are left to carefully comply with NVC requirements and to be as patient as possible. Failure to submit proper civil documents or translations; incorrectly completing the Affidavit of Support; or failing to substantiate the Affidavit of Support with evidence of financial support are common reasons for why the NVC may request further information on a case.

K-1 Petition - California Service Center

Sent by FedEx: Feb 9 2016

Received at CSC: Feb 10 2016

NOA1: Feb 12 2016

Approved/NOA2: May 31 2016

NOA1 TO NOA2: 111 Days

NVC Received: July 26, 2016

NOA2 TO NVC: 56 Days

NVC Case #: July 27, 2016

NVC Processing: 3 Business Days

NVC To Consulate: July 29, 2016

Consulate Received: Aug 1, 2016

Consulate Ready: Aug 5, 2016

Interview: Sep 19, 2016

(Visa Approved!)

POE: Oct 17, 2016

Wedding: Dec 22, 2016

Filed for AOS: May 5, 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I really got sick from that long wait , I have my case number since 10 of May , everything is submitted , fees are paid , and the case still at NVC , no news at all till now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
kareelina

you are still within the normal process time from what i know. 6-8 Weeks Till The NVC Process your petition.

Just be patient a bit more. it's coming and maybe next week or the following you will hear something from them,

Timeline

That's interesting, but still confused. If NVC is doing background checks then they must have atleast RECEIVED the petition. And from my knowledge (and what more than 1 NVC rep told me) - they scan your petition and into the system as received once they get it.... I agree that me and achraf cases are both from high fraud countries (although yours is not I don't think) , but my brother petitioned for his wife and was approved July 8th, and it was received yesterday no problem and his wife is from Afghanistan too!

Now idk if that's because he did an I-130 that it got scanned in quicker- or if because also he's from a different service center (Nebraska). But his wife is ALSO from Afghanistan so for some reason I just feel like it's not the security checks. Also because I've spoken to 2 other VJers whose fiancées were in Afghanistan and that were approved in Late April and they were received by NVC WITH the backlog in about 4-5 weeks... Normal for everyone around that time for the most part...

I honestly think- USCIS just didn't send it because a)the person who worked on our case isn't very efficient and is still waiting to be shipped out OR b) worst case scenario it is "lost"

I also for some reason think NVC has something to do with it... Might just be sitting in a box they aren't looking at (I say this reading based off the helpful info you just posted) because they're so overwhelmed with a great amount of petitions and we are the few unlucky ones still waiting.

I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING at this point lol. I called USCIS & spoke to a tier 2 (unhelpful), wrote emails to asknvc, NVCresearch, USCISinquiry, scopscatta, csc-ncsc-follow up, - all of which I either got no reply or a generic email saying we approved your petition send inquiries to NVC , or NVC saying they don't have it.... I even faxed over to my senators office but haven't heard back yet.

I may have done too much but I'm just really confused because seeing so many people with noa2 dates AFTER us are already now at the embassy.

(Sorry I'm like ranting off I just don't know what to do with myself anymore lol)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.