Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear this outcome. I just got into the country today and internet access was a struggle outside. I had really hoped and thought this was an easy approval for y'all seeing y'all have been through this before. Sometimes, I can't understand these embassy folks and their thought process. Did you include proof that his brothers' status lead to his emergency exit out of the USA after his first fiance visa entry. I pray this is work out for you. Not sure how to proceed on this. I hope people with more experience can advise. Maybe including all the docs requested and writing a letter stating the situation surrounding the first entry and exit and that you didn't have enough time to take pics with the kids. I'm sorry and hope it turns around with a positive outcome.

Welcome back!! Thanks for your kind words. We will wait and see now. I hope you have an easy time settling in and planning the wedding now. On to phase 2! I am sure you must be happy to finally be in the same country together. I hope you get the rest you need and can start to enjoy your life together. :)

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Welcome back!! Thanks for your kind words. We will wait and see now. I hope you have an easy time settling in and planning the wedding now. On to phase 2! I am sure you must be happy to finally be in the same country together. I hope you get the rest you need and can start to enjoy your life together. :)

Thanks CRamak, I hope all goes well with your case. You deserve to be happy. Will keep reading on here. Keep us posted and I wish you the very best. All the best to all waiting as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I wish you good luck CRamak! Sometimes they really make a big deal and i'm sorry that it was to you guys. Hopefully now they are pleased after those promising words. My visa finally got issued and i have it home. The sealed envelope is huge :D Now i'm waiting for my fiancé to come Dec29 and then we leave towards chicago Jan04. Hopefully we hear some good news here so you can all have an exciting christmas time :)

Sascha

K1 VISA

07/14/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

07/21/16....Delivered to Lewisville, TX

07/22/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

07/28/16....NOA1 hard copy

09/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

09/06/16....NOA2 hard copy

11/15/16....Medical in Munich

11/21/16....Interview in Frankfurt

12/06/16....Visa in hand

01/04/17....Arriving in Chicago

02/10/17....Wedding

AOS

02/11/17....I-485 -EAD and AP sent

02/13/17....Check cashed

02/13/17....NOA1 E-Notification

02/19/17....NOA1 Hard copy

03/06/17....RFIE

03/10/17....RFIE sent back

03/10/17....Biometrics letter

03/20/17....Biometrics appointment

04/28/17....EAD New Card Ordered

05/02/17....EAD Mailed

05/03/17....AP NOA Mail recieved

05/05/17....EAD AP Combo Card in Mail

XX/XX/XX....AOS Interview Sheduled

XX/XX/XX....AOS Interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I had my interview today and was told that I am getting the visa! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

K-1, AOS, ROC, Citizenship timeline below:

Spoiler

Met in school summer of 2011, started dating May 2012, engaged June 2016

07/15/2016 - Sent K-1 visa documents                    04/20/2017 - Mailed AOS package                                              09/16/2019 - Mailed ROC package to wrong center

07/19/2016 - NOA1 (California Service Center)         04/23/2017 - AOS package delivered                                          09/19/2019 - Printed everything again and mailed it correctly

09/02/2016 - NOA2 (45 days)                                 04/29/2017 - AOS text and email notifications                             09/23/2019 - ROC Case Was Received

09/15/2016 - NVC case number assigned                 05/04/2017 - NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP                            12/02/2019 - Biometrics Appointment (Got notice late, missed appt)

09/29/2016 - Case is "Ready" at embassy                05/22/2017 - Biometrics taken                                                   12/09/2019 - Biometrics taken, walk-in

10/06/2016 - Got an interview date!                        06/14/2017 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview            12/10/2019 - Fingerprint Review Was Completed

11/06/2016 - Scheduled the medical!                       08/03/2017 - Interview is Scheduled                                           04/22/2020 - Case Was Received At My Local Office

12/06/2016 - Medical done!                                    09/06/2017 - Interview time!                                                     05/22/2020 - New Card Is Being Produced

12/12/2016 - Interview done! Visa approved!            09/06/2017 - RFE for (lost) medical                                            05/26/2020 - Case Was Approved

12/16/2016 - Visa issued                                         09/19/2017 - New medical submitted (in person)                         05/30/2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

12/19/2016 - Passport with visa, envelope in hand     09/26/2017 - New Card is Being Produced (online update)                                       (First class mail, tracking provided)                     

01/11/2017 - POE!!!                                               09/29/2017 - Received I-797 Approval Notice                                                  06/28/2020 - N-400 application window opens!

04/06/2017 - Married                                                                              Card Was Mailed to Me                                                 07/13/2020 - N-400 application submitted!

10/04/2017 - Green card in hand!                                                                  11/23/2020 - Called for a service request

12/04/2020 - Biometrics scheduled online notice

12/31/2020 - Biometrics appointment

06/24/2021 - Interview Notice (interview on 7/27/2021)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Habibi arrives in Seattle on Thursday morning!!

He picked up his visa on the 7th of Dec after nearly a month in AP. And he leaves Morocco on Wednesday! So so so excited!!

Timeline

I wish you good luck CRamak! Sometimes they really make a big deal and i'm sorry that it was to you guys. Hopefully now they are pleased after those promising words. My visa finally got issued and i have it home. The sealed envelope is huge :D Now i'm waiting for my fiancé to come Dec29 and then we leave towards chicago Jan04. Hopefully we hear some good news here so you can all have an exciting christmas time :)

Sascha

Yay! 1 Visa more! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my interview today and was told that I am getting the visa! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Yeaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

He picked up his visa on the 7th of Dec after nearly a month in AP. And he leaves Morocco on Wednesday! So so so excited!!

Congratulations! Good luck with POE and then settling in!

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

WOW!!!!!!! What do you do before he arrives? House organizing? What plans do you have?

I am so happy for you, this step is over and the rest is together

Tasha

Timeline

WOW!!!!!!! What do you do before he arrives? House organizing? What plans do you have?

I am so happy for you, this step is over and the rest is together

Tasha

Honestly, I've been getting ready for him to arrive since we submitted lol. I've cleared dresser and closet space, got him a house key and US cell phone (and set it up with close family numbers and pictures of his family and us when I was visiting him in Morocco), cleaned the house, setup a profile for him on Netflix and the computer, got him his own stocking for the holidays and his first tree ornament, I've found a local halal butcher (two actually) and a store that sells items from Morocco and the middle east that he might like, this weekend I've been baking goodies for him and the family (over 300 cookies so far and 5 large containers of fudge), and we have a big family Christmas event on Saturday where he'll get to meet my family in-person and not just through Skype.

I also asked other members of VJ for ideas and got some good ones like making maps of the local area, showing him where the library is so he can read if he wants, taking him shopping after he gets in to get some of his favorite foods and get him out of the house, and setup Skype times with his family so they can talk often.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Honestly, I've been getting ready for him to arrive since we submitted lol. I've cleared dresser and closet space, got him a house key and US cell phone (and set it up with close family numbers and pictures of his family and us when I was visiting him in Morocco), cleaned the house, setup a profile for him on Netflix and the computer, got him his own stocking for the holidays and his first tree ornament, I've found a local halal butcher (two actually) and a store that sells items from Morocco and the middle east that he might like, this weekend I've been baking goodies for him and the family (over 300 cookies so far and 5 large containers of fudge), and we have a big family Christmas event on Saturday where he'll get to meet my family in-person and not just through Skype.

I also asked other members of VJ for ideas and got some good ones like making maps of the local area, showing him where the library is so he can read if he wants, taking him shopping after he gets in to get some of his favorite foods and get him out of the house, and setup Skype times with his family so they can talk often.

Amazing!!!! He's so lucky to come home to you!! So exciting!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Lucky guy!

And just a word of warning, I may be stopping by for some of those cookies...

Good luck to you both! I know you're excited!

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

Lucky guy!

And just a word of warning, I may be stopping by for some of those cookies...

Good luck to you both! I know you're excited!

You're welcome to stop by for cookies :) When I bake (or do pretty much anything) I tend to go overboard.

So far I have holiday chocolate chip cookies (with green and red chocolate chips), peanut butter cookies, cherry bonbons, peppermint pinwheels, peppermint thumbprints with heresy's hugs in the center, and regular thumbprint cookies with hugs in the center. Plus, regular fudge and peanut butter fudge.

I will want to make almond log cookies, sugar cookies, peppermint brownie cookies, and Monster cookies (these cookies have a little bit of everything in them like peanut butter, chocolate chips, marshmallows, nuts, M&Ms, etc..). There will most likely be another 300 cookies before I'm done LOL.

I am giving some cookies to friends and family, but I also have two teenage boys at home.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Gosh you guys make my mouth watering ?? All this cookie talk and the upcoming christmas festivities melts me down right now? I hope it's gonna be a few more lucky people until christmas ?

K1 VISA

07/14/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

07/21/16....Delivered to Lewisville, TX

07/22/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

07/28/16....NOA1 hard copy

09/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

09/06/16....NOA2 hard copy

11/15/16....Medical in Munich

11/21/16....Interview in Frankfurt

12/06/16....Visa in hand

01/04/17....Arriving in Chicago

02/10/17....Wedding

AOS

02/11/17....I-485 -EAD and AP sent

02/13/17....Check cashed

02/13/17....NOA1 E-Notification

02/19/17....NOA1 Hard copy

03/06/17....RFIE

03/10/17....RFIE sent back

03/10/17....Biometrics letter

03/20/17....Biometrics appointment

04/28/17....EAD New Card Ordered

05/02/17....EAD Mailed

05/03/17....AP NOA Mail recieved

05/05/17....EAD AP Combo Card in Mail

XX/XX/XX....AOS Interview Sheduled

XX/XX/XX....AOS Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.