Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I've contacted the Senator's office. I am also going to consult with an immigration lawyer.. the one i used to get him here the first time. just one consultation. I'll see what advice he has. Maybe he has some pull also.I feel trapped now.

I am sorry to read about this ordeal. I think contacting the senator is the right approach at this time. I would give them more documents if u have more, as long as they are not same as what you gave the first time. I don't think you will be dealing with a marriage visa. They could have just denied him like some have been, but that wasn't the case. So there is hope. You can also email them if you think it might help. But I feel the senator and extra new proof is in order. I am sorry for your pain. I pray God help you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I've contacted the Senator's office. I am also going to consult with an immigration lawyer.. the one i used to get him here the first time. just one consultation. I'll see what advice he has. Maybe he has some pull also.I feel trapped now.

Ugh! This is not the updates I was hoping to see for you!!! I am sending all my well wishes and positive thoughts to you and your fiance!!!

I am sure the combination of your Senator and your Immigration Lawyer will come up with a plan! Please keep us informed! You are almost there!!!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So the lawyer said this was most likely a mistake... to write a polite letter stating that i think a mistake has been made since another generic 221g was issued the next day. Maybe submit a few things for good faith. But resubmit the passport. He said we have submitted WAAAAAY more stuff than necessary for proof of relationship.. plus we have already been accepted once so we should not have to prove so much.. so he said try again.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

So the lawyer said this was most likely a mistake... to write a polite letter stating that i think a mistake has been made since another generic 221g was issued the next day. Maybe submit a few things for good faith. But resubmit the passport. He said we have submitted WAAAAAY more stuff than necessary for proof of relationship.. plus we have already been accepted once so we should not have to prove so much.. so he said try again.

It's good you consulted the lawyer, it will make you calm and polite but anyway contact your senator and ask him / her to ask how long it will take. I hope it finally works.

praying for you and all my best wishes for you and your fiance in this Christmas season (F)(L)

Tasha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Hey vj family!! Had my interview today and I was approved!! So thankful for all your positive vibes and all...good luck to those who haven't been approved yet. Stay positive!!

So I arrived there at 7am ...the embassy opens at 8am..at 8am they let me in took my bags and phones as they're not allowed in the building...

Waited 30 min ..I was the only one ...then a lady called me and asked why I was there, asked for my documents, then took my fingerprints and sent me to the cashier to pay. Then told me sit again and wait. All that took about 30 min..

Then the CO came and called me..he was very very very nice and smiling...here were the questions:

Where does your fiance lives?

How long has he been living there?

How did you meet him?

When was the last time you saw him?

Why him specifically?

Do you guys talk everyday?

"OK Mam,I approve your visa"

Then he said" we will call you when it's ready to pick up"

He didn't ask for any chat log or picturesomething or evidence of relationship...

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey vj family!! Had my interview today and I was approved!! So thankful for all your positive vibes and all...good luck to those who haven't been approved yet. Stay positive!!

So I arrived there at 7am ...the embassy opens at 8am..at 8am they let me in took my bags and phones as they're not allowed in the building...

Waited 30 min ..I was the only one ...then a lady called me and asked why I was there, asked for my documents, then took my fingerprints and sent me to the cashier to pay. Then told me sit again and wait. All that took about 30 min..

Then the CO came and called me..he was very very very nice and smiling...here were the questions:

How did you meet him?

Why him specifically?

He didn't ask for any chat log or picturesomething or evidence of relationship...

Congratulations!!!!!

I'm thinking of all of you and wishing for the very best outcome. I hope we get more good news this week.

Timeline

Update:

I just don't know what to do now. I'm going to cry...

My fiance unexpectedly received his passport in the mail at his home with a letter stating "please send addtional proof of relationship". Is is essentially the same letter as before, but shorter.. requesting the same thiings again. Photos of us during courtship, inviitations to our wedding, telephone bills...

We submitted all of this additional proof on December 8th. This letter was typed up and signed by the same CO on December 9th.. I think he has it out for us..

Now what do I do? We gave all the proof they asked for and they are asking for it again.... ???????

Oh no :( very sorry to hear that. That is terrible. If you have already submitted not sure why they are asking again. Doesn't make sense or add it at all.

K1 

02/03/16, we met

06/18/16 engaged, I traveled to India and loved it!

07/15/16 I mailed i129F with money order

07/20/16 text receipt from USCIS received (NOA1)

09/01/16 NOA2 via online USCIS website check

09/06/16 NOA2 Official Letter received (I-797)

09/15/16 NVC Recieved file from USCIS...Called NVC and got case #

09/30/16 Fiance received letter from Embassy

10/17/16 Fiance's medical

10/24/16 medical will be ready for pickup

11/04/16 Biometrics

11/07/16 Interview Day ... Visa APPROVED :D

11/17/16 Visa received

11/25/16 POE, New York

12/24/16 Married (L)

AOS

02/07/17 Filed AOS

02/13/17 Text notification 1-797 soon to be mailed 

03/10/17 Biometrics appt letter recv'd

03/22/17 Bio Appt completed

Timeline

How did you meet him?

Why him specifically?

Congrats Nina!!! I am happy for you. Finally you can plan your trip here. Good luck with the rest of the process. Good luck to all waiting.

Timeline

How did you meet him?

Why him specifically?

So Happy for you!!! Congratulations!!!! :joy::joy::joy:

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

For anyone still following along... the India Embassy wrote back to me and said no mistake was made. I must submit more proof. As I said, the problem is that they are asking for items I just sent in.. again.. Although I asked about this they gave no explanation at all. Wire transfers, photos, wedding invitations with guests contact info (we are not having a wedding, just an elopement ceremony which is booked for end of january at a resort - i showed them all the bookings, cake order, rings, etc) phone bills..

I have already submitted ALL of this.. and they are asking for it again. I found 28 more photos of us and now that is all I have. We are in the photos with our friends but not necessarily together.. but it's all i have left. they have over 100 photos now. I found facebook texts and emails.. i sent everything else. my immigration lawyer was shocked at all the proof they already have.

so my fiance will drop it off tomorrow at a city near his hometown. They will mail it all back to the embassy. I hope it is enough. Since I now know it was not a mistake I am very worried. We obviously have more than enough relationship proof so obviously someone is not letting it through.. the proof we are sending in now it not exactly extraordinary to seal the deal... so I am very worried.. they just kept asking until we ran out.. :(

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

1/26 POE Seattle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I feel your pain CRamak, was supposed to have our interview today but hospital called Monday and said we had to do more tests that take two months to get results. Was expecting in and out now our plans are up in smoke, as we don't know when our interview will be, and aren't sure what to do in this situation. Only thing I could do was email the consulate but haven't received a reply back yet. I'm thoroughly bummed out this is the way the year ends.

Fall 2010 - Met at DiWali Indian Festival as grad students
September 2011 - Became coworkers at school
October 2011 - Began our relationship
August 1, 2012 - Relationship became long distance
June 30, 2014 - I moved to New England w/family
July 15, 2015 - Bought a plane ticket for her visit before she left back for China due to expiring OPT
August 31, 2015 - She goes back to China
April 2016 - filed for my US Passport, began preparing I-129F for K-1 Visa Petition
May 2016 - applied for my Chinese Visa
May 23, 2016 - Purchased Ritani engagement ring and plane ticket
June 3, 2016 - Her ring arrived!
June 4, 2016 - Left for China!
June 9, 2016 - Became engaged!
June 22, 2016 - Left China (sadly)
July 21, 2016 - Sent I-129F to Lewisville, TX (USPS Express Overnight w/return receipt)
July 22, 2016 - Arrived at USCIS
July 27, 2016 - Check cashed; received NOA1, sent to California Service Center
August 1, 2016 - Received NOA1 hardcopy from USCIS
September 9, 2016 - Received online notification of NOA2 from USCIS California Service Center
September 20, 2016 - Received Case Number

Timeline

I feel your pain CRamak, was supposed to have our interview today but hospital called Monday and said we had to do more tests that take two months to get results. Was expecting in and out now our plans are up in smoke, as we don't know when our interview will be, and aren't sure what to do in this situation. Only thing I could do was email the consulate but haven't received a reply back yet. I'm thoroughly bummed out this is the way the year ends.

Carcharodont, I am really sorry. I don't wish anyone else to go through this at all. I know how you feel thinking you were so close and then more waiting. It seems unfair. I hope you are able to get your situation resolved sooner than two months. I hope, for both of us, these delays will pass quickly and we can move forward again. Be strong.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

1/26 POE Seattle

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

I'm so sorry this is happening to you guys....

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

For anyone still following along... the India Embassy wrote back to me and said no mistake was made. I must submit more proof. As I said, the problem is that they are asking for items I just sent in.. again.. Although I asked about this they gave no explanation at all. Wire transfers, photos, wedding invitations with guests contact info (we are not having a wedding, just an elopement ceremony which is booked for end of january at a resort - i showed them all the bookings, cake order, rings, etc) phone bills..

I have already submitted ALL of this.. and they are asking for it again. I found 28 more photos of us and now that is all I have. We are in the photos with our friends but not necessarily together.. but it's all i have left. they have over 100 photos now. I found facebook texts and emails.. i sent everything else. my immigration lawyer was shocked at all the proof they already have.

so my fiance will drop it off tomorrow at a city near his hometown. They will mail it all back to the embassy. I hope it is enough. Since I now know it was not a mistake I am very worried. We obviously have more than enough relationship proof so obviously someone is not letting it through.. the proof we are sending in now it not exactly extraordinary to seal the deal... so I am very worried.. they just kept asking until we ran out.. :(

Have you followed up with your local congressman as well? What did they say or advise you of at this point? Stay strong! I know you guys will make it!!!

That is really tough to hear! At least you know how long your delay is and even though it's hard the wait will be worth it! You might have a POE along the lines of Jon so hopefully that helps you keep cheery!! He won't be coming over until March!

How did you meet him?

Why him specifically?

Congrats!!! That is amazing!!!

I leave today to go see Jon over the holidays and to be there for his interview January 6th! Wish us luck! Pray that they let me in! We never got a response from our contact form requesting me to be added.... just like Allison/Robert we are in the dark until we show up on the day!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Timeline

Hmmm. This is very unbecoming especially seeing that you were approved and granted a visa in the past and they have substantial evidence of why he had to leave the USA before adjusting status and having to go through all of this again. All I can say is pray and be hopefully. I believe the requester will see that you have ran out of Morenike proof and have done your best to send whatever is left including more photo and Facebook contents and emails. They are crazy!!! Just hang in there and pray. Sometimes, they are just funny. I have dealt with them enough to see how funny they are. So hang in there. I believe this one demanding person will eventually give in knowing he or she has no reason to delay his approval. Best of luck as the year ends. Keep us informed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.