Lavender7

Who can request an expedite for IR-1/CR-1

57 posts in this topic

If you don't have to be separated from your husband, that's great. But MAYBE you'll have to for a little while. Who knows. Everyone on here has a different story. It is good to hear about things from all view points. :thumbs:

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

I-485/I-765/I-131 Sent: 12/19/16

USCIS Received: 12/21/16

NOA 1 I-485/I-765/I-131: 1/5/17

Biometrics Letter Received: 1/21/17

Biometrics Appointment: 2/2/17

Called USCIS/Put in SR: 3/28/17

Service Request Completed: 3/30/17

EAD status changed to "new card being produced": 3/31/17

Received Hardcopy Approval for EAD/AP: 4/7/17

EAD status changed to "card was mailed to me": 4/10/17

Received combo card: 4/14/17

Filed SR online for I-485: 7/5/17

Called USCIS - spoke to a Tier 2: 8/2/17

Service request completed: 9/11/17

I-485 status changed to "new card being produced": 9/21/17

Hard copy of I-485 Approval: 9/25/17

I-485 Status changed to "card was mailed to me": 9/25/17

Green card rcvd: 9/28/17

ROC:

I-751 ROC Sent: 9/7/19

USCIS Received: 9/9/19

Check Cashed: 9/12/19

USCIS text NOA: 9/13/19

Called USCIS: 10/9/19

Service Request Filed: 10/9/19

SR Completed: 10/17/19

Hard copy NOA1: 10/17/19

Biometrics letter received: 01/10/2020

Biometrics Appointment: 01/23/2020

USCIS email "new card being produced": 09/11/2020

USCIS email "card mailed to me": 09/15/2020

10 year GC received: 09/19/2020

Filed: Timeline

If you don't have to be separated from your husband, that's great. But MAYBE you'll have to for a little while. Who knows. Everyone on here has a different story. It is good to hear about things from all view points. :thumbs:

It indeed is, the bad part is to be imposed that experience. None needs that. None has right to be judgmental especially towards someone or something you have no clue about. It's just pathetic. I honestly regret sharing my concern here I wish I could simply remove it. If I knew how many people are just plain bitter and have nothing better to do then teach others how to live. I'm done.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It indeed is, the bad part is to be imposed that experience. None needs that. None has right to be judgmental especially towards someone or something you have no clue about. It's just pathetic. I honestly regret sharing my concern here I wish I could simply remove it. If I knew how many people are just plain bitter and have nothing better to do then teach others how to live. I'm done.

Nobody is bitter just simply giving you the harsh realities of the immigration experience. If you want to walk away, then just walk away. JFH tried to give you advice on an alternative suggesting filing asap, this was met with a snappy answer. People are trying to help but dry bluntness is usually the spirit of VJ especially for those of us who have been here for a while and seen it all.

I'm not bitter about my experience one bit. What happened sucks but if anything it's been able to help other people in the situation. There's people on here who are far worse off than me spending years apart from their spouses. Years. There are consulates that are so incredibly corrupt in their approval/denial process that it can ruin even the strongest of relationships.

People are simply trying to offer you the best advice possible in the situation and what to be aware of so that you don't come back later and say "why didn't I know this?"

I don't think it has to deal so much with "bitterness". It's just they're trying to tell you or give their advice on how the situation normally goes. You can take it with a grain of salt. You don't have to accept their advice or opinion. They're only trying to be helpful. However, if you don't want this thread open anymore I do believe there's a way to close it.

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

I-485/I-765/I-131 Sent: 12/19/16

USCIS Received: 12/21/16

NOA 1 I-485/I-765/I-131: 1/5/17

Biometrics Letter Received: 1/21/17

Biometrics Appointment: 2/2/17

Called USCIS/Put in SR: 3/28/17

Service Request Completed: 3/30/17

EAD status changed to "new card being produced": 3/31/17

Received Hardcopy Approval for EAD/AP: 4/7/17

EAD status changed to "card was mailed to me": 4/10/17

Received combo card: 4/14/17

Filed SR online for I-485: 7/5/17

Called USCIS - spoke to a Tier 2: 8/2/17

Service request completed: 9/11/17

I-485 status changed to "new card being produced": 9/21/17

Hard copy of I-485 Approval: 9/25/17

I-485 Status changed to "card was mailed to me": 9/25/17

Green card rcvd: 9/28/17

ROC:

I-751 ROC Sent: 9/7/19

USCIS Received: 9/9/19

Check Cashed: 9/12/19

USCIS text NOA: 9/13/19

Called USCIS: 10/9/19

Service Request Filed: 10/9/19

SR Completed: 10/17/19

Hard copy NOA1: 10/17/19

Biometrics letter received: 01/10/2020

Biometrics Appointment: 01/23/2020

USCIS email "new card being produced": 09/11/2020

USCIS email "card mailed to me": 09/15/2020

10 year GC received: 09/19/2020

I don't think it has to deal so much with "bitterness". It's just they're trying to tell you or give their advice on how the situation normally goes. You can take it with a grain of salt. You don't have to accept their advice or opinion. They're only trying to be helpful. However, if you don't want this thread open anymore I do believe there's a way to close it.

Please share it with me , I would greatly appreciate that : )

You guys are making my morning. :pop:

Anyway, the OP hasn't even started the immigration process yet. But the best advice given regarding immigration is sacrifices have to be made whether time, money, or separation or a combination of any or all.

:dancing:

People answered your expedite question, and they also informed you of a solution to the problems your husband is having which may include separation. Separation is a harsh but very realistic part of immigration for more reasons then just a country wanting domicile established in the US. It also has to do with a partnership that is marriage and having to handle financial responsbilities and setting up your new life in the US. Maybe that isn't your problem and congrats! But is the reality of many on this site, so as much as this site offers answers to questions, others give the truth whether you like to hear it or not, and it also provides a means of support for all going through the same long and exhausting experience. This is an open forum, be prepared to get all sides of the story, that also helps to give you a larger pictures of what you are in for on your immigration journey. Good luck, and be kind.

Separation is not solution of our problems but much in a contrary but it doesn't matter really I'm not getting into this anymore here. It's rather annoying how some are trying to impose me wrong not even knowing me or anything. Trust me, I understand all about sacrifices and financial responsibilities and we are doing our best and I couldn't be happier:) We will be where we want in no time as long as we are together nothing is impossible : ) So now somebody please help me to close this thread ? Thanks :D:dancing:

Edited by Lavender7

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Separation is not solution of our problems but much in a contrary but it doesn't matter really I'm not getting into this anymore here. It's rather annoying how some are trying to impose me wrong not even knowing me or anything. Trust me, I understand all about sacrifices and financial responsibilities and we are doing our best and I couldn't be happier:) We will be where we want in no time as long as we are together nothing is impossible : ) So now somebody please help me to close this thread ? Thanks :D:dancing:

Third time. Report the thread and ask a mod to close

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.