Apollonios

How can i move to usa as an internet enterpeneur?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Greece
Timeline

I'm a 21 y/o m from greece and im thinking about moving to the us for good.I was there few years ago and i loved it.

I'm an online personal trainer and i have my own little online fitness business,that gives me the freedom to work from

wherever i want to,i just need internet and my laptop..I really want to move to america and continue my life there...

How can i make this happen? I have some friends and relatives there but i want to move permanently there

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What sort of friend?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

And what sort of relatives?

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I can see two possible options:

1. Apply for DV lottery and hope you get selected.

2. Marry or get engaged to a US Citizen

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

why do people ask the OP about what sort of friends/relatives ? A simple question is asked and you guys are diverting it and to something else.

OP : The chances of you getting a job in the US as a foreign worker in the aforementioned field and than settling down permanently are minimal. H1B is one of the options which is common amongst highly skilled foreign workers in the STEM fields only.The foreign aliens who have graduated from US schools with Master or higher degrees are usually preferred OR intra company employees of a US company based in a different country is given preference for this type of visa. the process of getting H1B may not be very lengthy but after that getting a permanent right to live in the US takes a lot of time. you will not fit into this category as your career trade is different. i would suggest you talk to your family/friends here in the US to find you a good lawyer to suggest you the best possible route to migrate. of course, people are circumventing the laws everyday to come to the US but we are talking about choosing the legal path.

Reason why I asked: Depending on the relative, they could possibly petition for him.

Sure, that's valid. however, it will take a great amount of time for this person to actually migrate if petitioned by any relative other than a US citizen spouse

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the "Moving to the US" forum to the "What Visa Do I Need" forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

why do people ask the OP about what sort of friends/relatives ? A simple question is asked and you guys are diverting it and to something else.

OP : The chances of you getting a job in the US as a foreign worker in the aforementioned field and than settling down permanently are minimal. H1B is one of the options which is common amongst highly skilled foreign workers in the STEM fields only.The foreign aliens who have graduated from US schools with Master or higher degrees are usually preferred OR intra company employees of a US company based in a different country is given preference for this type of visa. the process of getting H1B may not be very lengthy but after that getting a permanent right to live in the US takes a lot of time. you will not fit into this category as your career trade is different. i would suggest you talk to your family/friends here in the US to find you a good lawyer to suggest you the best possible route to migrate. of course, people are circumventing the laws everyday to come to the US but we are talking about choosing the legal path.

thanks for the advice about asking the lawler..i think a lawler could help..but my situation is a bit different as i said..i only want to live in america,i dont want to get a job ,because i do my work from the computer and make money online so i dont need an actual job there...so thats why i think my situation is a bit more complicated

thanks for the advice about asking the lawler..i think a lawler could help..but my situation is a bit different as i said..i only want to live in america,i dont want to get a job ,because i do my work from the computer and make money online so i dont need an actual job there...so thats why i think my situation is a bit more complicated

your situation is not complicated and is perfect case of a dreamer and one should dream. The working from home need to be properly documented and need work authorization unless you are volunteering for something.how/with what mode will you get paid by your customers ? what you are planning to do without proper work authorization is illegal. i don't want to put words on this forum like some people suggested to go marry/ get engaged to a USC. i don't like the spirit its being said here thats why i suggested to talk to a lawyer.

Timeline

your situation is not complicated and is perfect case of a dreamer and one should dream. The working from home need to be properly documented and need work authorization unless you are volunteering for something.how/with what mode will you get paid by your customers ? what you are planning to do without proper work authorization is illegal. i don't want to put words on this forum like some people suggested to go marry/ get engaged to a USC. i don't like the spirit its being said here thats why i suggested to talk to a lawyer.

Customers pay me through credit cerd since everything is online..but yeah,talking to a lawyer makes perfect sense to figure out the paper work/documents and work authorization...also,is asking the us embassy about information a good idea?

Unfortunately the USA does not issue visa for people to just live there unless they are family members of US citizens or diversity visa winners (green card lottery). Much as you like the place, that's not a qualifying reason for a visa. There is no such category. For a visa to live in the USA you must fit into a certain category. Either immediate family, employment category as mentioned above by another poster, diversity visa (green card lottery winners - very small chance of success) or investment visas. If you have about $500,000 to spare you could go down the route of an investment visa.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

yes, there is nothing wrong in contacting the local US mission. please make sure, all the US mission's abroad requires an appointment and they are going to eventually refer you to USCIS.gov , check that from the comfort of your room and i get the clients pay you electronically but you can't charge anyone for your services unless you have a work authorization. and you can be tracked down very easily if you choose to work illegally

Unfortunately the USA does not issue visa for people to just live there unless they are family members of US citizens or diversity visa winners (green card lottery). Much as you like the place, that's not a qualifying reason for a visa. There is no such category. For a visa to live in the USA you must fit into a certain category. Either immediate family, employment category as mentioned above by another poster, diversity visa (green card lottery winners - very small chance of success) or investment visas. If you have about $500,000 to spare you could go down the route of an investment visa.

Investment visa is another good point i forgot to mention. thank you. however, they seek investment in the tune of like a mil or more.not sure about the exact amount. the process is not that time consuming though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.