tatsujin

K-3 Visa in process, question about visitation

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You not filing the I-129f has nothing to do with it. K3 takes about the same time as I-130 so when they reach nvc it will close out. It's just another headache. CR1 takes roughly a year give or take a few months.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

So are you telling me to not file for the I-129F? And I should pursue this CR-1? If so then ... what do I do to do the CR-1? Would that affect the status of her case?

even if the k3 was an option, you MUST always send an i-30 for the cr1 FIRST, I suggest you read the guides and do some research. You will not get a k3 and she will not get a visitor visa from Jordan without strong ties to home. My husband attempted to get a visitor visa here before we had met, even with strong ties to Jordan(a good job that he had for 3 years owning property and elderly parents he was taking care of) they laughed at him when he went for his interview.

Good luck. She has immigrant intent already though. Whatever you do DO NOT LIE on the application or at interview. A denied visitor visa wont affect her but lying about anything certainly can with up to a lifetime ban.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

****** Moving from Bringing Family forum to K3 forum ******

OP- the K3 is obsolete. it was a visa brought in when the CR-1 spousal visa took several years. Right now, they both take the same time (about a year from filing to interview), but the K3 is more expensive and means she cannot work or travel for several months upon entry to the USA. And that is IF you can even get it; almost all of the time, the K3 visa path is closed at NVC stage and you have no choice but to go CR-1. Safe yourself paperwork ans extra headaches and drop the K3 idea, unless you have very specific reasons to try and get one.

no read more about k3 now. It's still in use and has multiple entry. She get a working permit instead of a green card upon arrival and has to wait to get a green card. I seen people saying k3 is obsolete. It's never true. They issue that to avoid the long wait. If the case will take the same time, then they will issue a cr1 instead

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

no read more about k3 now. It's still in use and has multiple entry. She get a working permit instead of a green card upon arrival and has to wait to get a green card. I seen people saying k3 is obsolete. It's never true. They issue that to avoid the long wait. If the case will take the same time, then they will issue a cr1 instead

OP filed back in November, chances of a K3 coming through are very small, with such a delay just can not see it happening.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

No a K3 doesnt get a work permit. To get a work permit they must file to adjust their status and apply for the EAD (which is free with the AOS) at that time. It takes about 90 days.

Please read up on the NVC policy regarding the I-129F and the I-130. Also note it's USCIS policy to adjudicate the I-129F and I-130 together.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey guys what's up. So the NVC sent me two emails of which one has to be done by me and the other by me and my wife (trying to recall memory). I paid the 120 USD fee right away, now I just gotta fill out the rest of the paper work and send it through online. Problem is, including myself, the household size is 3 - with sister and mom, and with my wife I will have to be at 30K minimum. I know I can have a second person to assist with the application by submitting the additional paper work and their taxes. However, it is asking for 3 years of taxes. I have them but my brother only has 1. The other 2 years he didn't work or did anything. He is married with a child. So will 2015 taxes work alone or should I get another person who has 3 years of taxes?

Is there anything else I should also do or be aware of?

Thanks

Your household size is 2, even if you live in the house with other people. Unless you file your taxes together or claim someone else as a dependent.

Timeline

Household size is 2? So I don't include myself?

Does anyone know if I can use my brothers taxes even though he only has 2015 and not the rest? He didn't work for 2014 and 2013 so he didn't file.

The petitioner submits an I-864. ALWAYS. You include yourself, and the person immigrating on the petition. = 2 If you have a child or another dependent, you also include them.

A joint sponsor includes the immigrant, their spouse, their children, and any other dependents they claim on their taxes.

Just because you live in the same house with someone, doesn't mean they're included on your I-864. Household member for this form is for people who are fiscally responsible for each other. Like a spouse, a child, or a dependent you can claim on your taxes. Not necessarily people who are living within the walls of a house.

So you would include a child, no matter where they live because it's your child, but you wouldn't include your brother even if he lives in the same house if you don't claim him as a dependent on your taxes.

Edited by NLR

Timeline

Ah that clears it up. My mother and sister, who were both on my taxes for 2015, are not living with me since January of 2016, but have lived with me from before. Do I still count them as dependents on the I-864?

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

So the only thing I'm stuck on with this NVC thing is the relationship between me and my uncle. He typed a letter stating that he will be sponsoring my wife, the applicant, and helping me, the petitioner, jointly in doing so. He has his full address and phone number as well and he is going to sign it by hand after we print it then we're going to scan it. Is this good enough?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

So the only thing I'm stuck on with this NVC thing is the relationship between me and my uncle. He typed a letter stating that he will be sponsoring my wife, the applicant, and helping me, the petitioner, jointly in doing so. He has his full address and phone number as well and he is going to sign it by hand after we print it then we're going to scan it. Is this good enough?

Don't really need a letter; you need his I-864, tax filings and paystubs.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

It says, if you completed form I-864A (which is the sponsor documents), then you have to provide proof of relationship. We're all naturalized in the US, myself mother and uncle. My uncle and mother are siblings. My mother is the only one that has a birth certificate and I know we can't get a birth certificate here since we were not born in the US. So I figured we can go with a letter stating his name, his relationship with me, and the purpose of the letter (sponsor my wife).

Go down to Proof of Relationship under Financial Evidence. Link: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html

Is that it is asking me to submit my W-2 Form for the past 3 years. So I need to submit them separately from my taxes (like by themselves), am I correct?

My next question is that it is asking for "Social Security Earnings Statement." What the heck is this?

I also see "Petitioner Documents." And "Valid, unexpired passport." I'm guessing all of this is from my wife, am I correct? But what is "Petitioner Documents."?

Edited by tatsujin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.