GodRaine

Help! I mailed my AOS & EAD package and I haven't received a reply!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi VisaJourney! <3

I mailed my completed AOS & EAD package on January 6th, 2016. I followed all of the guidelines on VJ and checked the package over probably 15 times to ensure that everything was absolutely 150% correct and in the right order. I sealed it in a manila envelope with the check and mailed it to the Chicago USCIS PO box. The package included the electronic notice form with an email address and telephone number. And yes, I triple-checked the address I sent it to as well.

The processing timeline estimate webpage for AOS / EAD packages on VJ says that they respond within 7 days. I figured that was 7 business days, + the time it took to mail it, but as of today (the 25th) it's been 13 business days and still I haven't heard from them at all.

Thankfully I did create an entire clone of the package - all it needs are signatures, the check, a new certified copy of the marriage license and new passport photos, and I can mail it again if I need to.

I'm really worried because my I-94 expired on the 14th ): What should I do, guys?

Thank you everyone. <3

You can check if they cashed the check?

If they did it might give you some peace of mind.

Did you send it my certified mail? So that someone has to sign off on it that they received it? And you can check if they got it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from K1 fiance visa to AOS from Family Visa forum as Op is asking about that part of the process *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm really worried because my I-94 expired on the 14th ): What should I do, guys?

Don't be. Since you became married before your I-94 expired is key. Many folks file for AOS after the 90 days and all went fine.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did you send it my certified mail? So that someone has to sign off on it that they received it? And you can check if they got it?

^^This

Timeline

They haven't cashed the check yet, we're checking the bank account every day. I sent it by regular mail, which I agree was not smart on my part ... I figured the electronic notice form would be good enough.

They haven't cashed the check yet, we're checking the bank account every day. I sent it by regular mail, which I agree was not smart on my part ... I figured the electronic notice form would be good enough.

We sent our on the same date as you, we just received an RFE today :(

My wife is from Canada and we paid using a check from her Canadian account - apparently you can't do that. However, at least that gives you some timeframe. You may have an RFE coming :(

Timeline

My wife is from Canada and we paid using a check from her Canadian account - apparently you can't do that. However, at least that gives you some timeframe. You may have an RFE coming :(

That's really unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that!

We sent our check from an American account, and the USCIS has cashed checks from this account before. I wonder what the holdup is ... I think I'll just have to wait like the others say.

Best of luck!!

Give it a few more days, and don't panic.

Mine took 13 days to arrive too. You can call USCIS and ask them to look up your case using your A#. We did that and although they didn't see any data on his number, we received the text messages that night.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL yeah, you need to make sure you send US currency regardless of the exchange rate:/

As long as you sent a US check/money order you will be OK!! wait another week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi VisaJourney! <3

I mailed my completed AOS & EAD package on January 6th, 2016. I followed all of the guidelines on VJ and checked the package over probably 15 times to ensure that everything was absolutely 150% correct and in the right order. I sealed it in a manila envelope with the check and mailed it to the Chicago USCIS PO box. The package included the electronic notice form with an email address and telephone number. And yes, I triple-checked the address I sent it to as well.

The processing timeline estimate webpage for AOS / EAD packages on VJ says that they respond within 7 days. I figured that was 7 business days, + the time it took to mail it, but as of today (the 25th) it's been 13 business days and still I haven't heard from them at all.

Thankfully I did create an entire clone of the package - all it needs are signatures, the check, a new certified copy of the marriage license and new passport photos, and I can mail it again if I need to.

Thank you everyone. <3

Check the tracking on your package.

...you did send it via a traceable method, right?

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

It can take up to 30 days to receive receipt notifications from USCIS.

Always send anything you send to USCIS with some kind of tracking so you can be certain it was delivered.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.