Sukie

NEW I-751 form and instructions as of 30 December 2015

49 posts in this topic

The old ELIS website gave you the IOE number.

BUT your green card also has the IOE number on it unless you adjusted status.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Timeline

First, thank you for the information. I looked at the new form and I have a question please. When they are asking about listing children, are they asking about children who will be needing removal of conditions on residency? My son was born here in USA do I need to list him on the form. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

First, thank you for the information. I looked at the new form and I have a question please. When they are asking about listing children, are they asking about children who will be needing removal of conditions on residency? My son was born here in USA do I need to list him on the form. Thanks

It's a bigraphic question, so yes you have to list all children no matter where they were born irrespective of whether they're removing conditions as well or not.

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ha, we had two adopted, I had four natural, wife had two natural that added up to eight, seven born in the US, one abroad, all eight had to be listed, but the concern of the USCIS was only the one that was born abroad.

Still a little confused, so the ELIS number and IOE number are the same thing? Could you maybe provide a link or source for this? Thanks!

It is the only number i could possibly think would be an ELIS number. Do you have another suggestion?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

It is the only number i could possibly think would be an ELIS number. Do you have another suggestion?

Well it doesn't have the same number of digits as there are boxes on the form, so I'm thinking no, it's not an ELIS number. Perhaps someone who has paid the immigrant fee more recently could enlighten us as to whether they were assigned an ELIS number. I simply don't remember getting one at the time we did that step. Maybe we'll have to post in another forum since it's unlikely that more recent filers will be looking at the ROC information already...

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello, can somebody please help me with this question regarding filling out the I-751. I have have two children who are both US citizens. Both of them were born here. One is living with my ex, she is a US citizen. One is with me and my current wife who she is applying to remove the conditional green card. Whe we are filling out the form, it asks in Part 5 information about children. Do I need to list any of my two children? I keep reading some people saying yes include all your children even they are US citizens and were born here. Some people saying no. I am very confused. What is the answer? Help please

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I am filing a joint petition with my wife for removal of conditions on my GC. I have a quick question on the I751 form. The instructions says "If a question does not apply to you (for example, if you have never been married and the question asks “Provide the name of your current spouse”), type or print “N/A,” unless otherwise directed."

Does i have to type "N/A" for questions that do not apply to me or can I leave it blank?

Would really appreciate if someone can share a sample filled I-751 (new version)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am filing a joint petition with my wife for removal of conditions on my GC. I have a quick question on the I751 form. The instructions says "If a question does not apply to you (for example, if you have never been married and the question asks “Provide the name of your current spouse”), type or print “N/A,” unless otherwise directed."

Does i have to type "N/A" for questions that do not apply to me or can I leave it blank?

Would really appreciate if someone can share a sample filled I-751 (new version)

I know what *I* am going to do. I'm going to put N/A in every single blank box. We had horror stories of blank boxes causing checklists during the NVC stage!!!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I know what *I* am going to do. I'm going to put N/A in every single blank box. We had horror stories of blank boxes causing checklists during the NVC stage!!!

Sukie in NY

Problem is that PDF does not let me put NA in boxes where it expects a Date in mm/dd/yy format. :-(

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Still a little confused, so the ELIS number and IOE number are the same thing? Could you maybe provide a link or source for this? Thanks!

Apparently i had saved the PDF doc which was the case receipt notice from the ELIS website couple of yrs back.

I see Account number which is 12 digits long and IOE number which is 10 digits. I am assuming account number is ELIS number that fits in the boxes on I751. So ELIS number and IOE are different.

Timeline

Apparently i had saved the PDF doc which was the case receipt notice from the ELIS website couple of yrs back.

I see Account number which is 12 digits long and IOE number which is 10 digits. I am assuming account number is ELIS number that fits in the boxes on I751. So ELIS number and IOE are different.

Thanks for this. Can anyone else confirm? What exactly does the receipt say on it? Is it for making payment of the immigrant fee? I simply don't have a PDF receipt anywhere. Just a few emails, and no account number.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Type or print "N/A" in all sections that do not apply to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.