Sukie

NEW I-751 form and instructions as of 30 December 2015

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

NLR - thanks for this, as it is VERY confusing.

So those of us who have done IR-1/CR-1 will NOT have an ELIS number, correct? We got the Visa foil in our home country, which authorized us to enter the US, then we got a stamp in our passports at POE which was good until we got our physical green cards. IR-1/CR-1 holders have A-numbers, but not ELIS numbers - so we should put "N/A" in that box on the new I-751, right?

But there will be other types of visas where they WILL have an ELIS number right? Probably not the K-1s, but which visa types WOULD have an ELIS number?

It's confusing since all of us had to PAY our fees through ELIS, and we probably got receipts that had numbers on those receipts...

Sukie in

No. IR/CR would also get it and so would F2A if you had paid $165 through ELIS website to get the physical GC.. When you paid the 165$ fee through ELIS it would have issued a receipt. I saved a copy of it and posted on page 2 of this thread. Please see that. The account ID is the ELIS number which is 12 digits long. Even if you did not save the receipt then log in back to ELIS and check out the "Account ID". That is your ELIS number.

So any one who paid the 165$ to get the actual physical GC through ELIS website will/should have the number.

NLR - thanks for this, as it is VERY confusing.

So those of us who have done IR-1/CR-1 will NOT have an ELIS number, correct? We got the Visa foil in our home country, which authorized us to enter the US, then we got a stamp in our passports at POE which was good until we got our physical green cards. IR-1/CR-1 holders have A-numbers, but not ELIS numbers - so we should put "N/A" in that box on the new I-751, right?

But there will be other types of visas where they WILL have an ELIS number right? Probably not the K-1s, but which visa types WOULD have an ELIS number?

It's confusing since all of us had to PAY our fees through ELIS, and we probably got receipts that had numbers on those receipts...

Sukie in NY

Everyone who had to pay the $165 immigrant fee would get an ELIS number. However that doesn't necessarily mean all of us have the appropriate ELIS number. Leaving this one blank I cant see, being an issue.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Thank you TnJ, appreciate it, very informative,...

For fields that doesn't apply though, does it have to have a N/A? Example for part 5, can I just type N/A to child 1's first and last name and bday, then leave the address and child 2-5 information blank, so with part 9-10, N/A for the name and the rest leave it blank. Thanks

I try to follow the instructions as closely as possible. I know with other forms I filled it was a little "N/A" and a little "blank". Since so much of this form doesn't apply to us, I think I will probably fill in what I need to fill on the computer, print it, sign it, and fill in blank areas with "N/A". On the computer, the form will only allow "NA" and not the forward slash character. Certain parts won't even allow "NA" if a number is expected or something along those lines. Those areas would probably be fine left blank, but you can always print and fill in the "N/A"s after.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

• 2 weeks later...

I am filling i-751 and I have a couple of questions:

1.Where is this USCIS ELIS ACCOUNT NUMBER?

2.The instructions are not very clear,It saying not to leave anything blank and to put N/A however when I try to put N/A into the box it wont let me?Should I just leave it blank or should I just fill it by hand?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.